Father Ted

LoonsYouthTeam

The Christmas Special is the greatest Christmas episode of any TV programme ever.

"Look at ye... lyin' in there like a big eejit"

When Dougal is in the middle of a dream and Ted is tossing and turning trying to get to sleep.

"Consonant please Carol, vowel, another consonant...ohh...hmmmm...put your clothes back on Carol"

Edited by C. Muir

When I first saw  'Father Ted'  in the TV listings, I thought along the lines  of  'Derek Nimmo', 'Oh Brother',   'Oh Father'  and other holy unfunny shit,  I'll swerve that, thanks.

Luckily a friend put me right and of course it was brilliant.

2 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

When I first saw  'Father Ted'  in the TV listings, I thought along the lines  of  'Derek Nimmo', 'Oh Brother',   'Oh Father'  and other holy unfunny shit,  I'll swerve that, thanks.

Luckily a friend put me right and of course it was brilliant.

Until last year I had never seen a single episode and also had written it off as shite.

One evening, when a bit pished, I ordered the box set from Amazon (was something like £7 for all 3 series). I think I thought I'd give it a go due to all the GIFs and memes of it on here.

I am pleased to report that it is indeed tremendous and I was indeed very incorrect in my initial assumption.