St Johnstone - FM09 (C. Muir challenge)

RandomGuy.

Summer Signings

Wanted a left back. Made one signing.

Untitled.thumb.png.64950b7f483beb21320002c49e1b516f.png

He is not a left back :lol:

Dunfermline were close to signing him, and I couldn't stand the idea of it, so here we are.

Will compete/rotate with Irvine at RB, and also compete with the CBs. Means Gartland could be pushed out to left back if needed.

Should handle the step up if/when we get promoted.

£40k fee.

August 2008

Going to do match by match reviews, with both teams player ratings. Its a nostalgia thread, so see what players your team have/buy...

Scorelines above spoiler tags only contain my scorers.

First Divison - Airdrie United 0 : 1 St Johnstone (powell OG)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.48e2be4a166402295a54a2edfaaca9ce.png

Saved by an own goal. Bit of a dodgy beginning tbh.

League Cup - St Johnstone 3 : 0 East Fife (Jackson x2, MacDonald)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.e931ca6c23aafacd48f66299bb0a2ef8.png

Jacksons on fire, East Fifes defence is terrified!

Sad to see Goran Stanic having to suffer such a defeat at McDiarmid.

First Divison - Livingston 1 : 1 St Johnstone (Hardie)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.14a54a3251dba98d037aabcdda057e2f.png

Never seen any FM player have such a horro show as Cuenca did. It culminated in him giving away the penalty we equalised from and he subbed almost instantly.

Leigh Griffiths caused absolute carnage, Livingston want £40k to buy him, but opted for Dave Mackay instead as my wage budget could only get one.

May regret that.

First Division - St Johnstone 3 : 0 Dunfermline (Holmes, Jackson x2)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.e9dba307f1129d2eaa281443cafe21bb.png

Jim McIntyre spends the build up saying we're miles off promotion.

Andy Jackson replies. Gavin Swankie caused carnage.

McIntyre himself playing in the game makes it even sweeter.

First Division - St Johnstone 3 : 0 Partick (Samuel, Jackson x2)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.0f8ffa5057509ccecbbfd0b367808b28.png

Red card fucked them. He was barely on the park then lunged straight in. Mental.

Jackson starting to heat up, Gary Harkins had a stinker, Martyn Waghorn (?!) looked very handy, will keep an eye on him...

League Cup - Airdrie 1 : 2 St Johnstone (Millar x2)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.2944aca314b8b81b780621d1708a1326.png

Millar saves us with two 20 yard screamers. Jackson had an absolute stinker.

First Division - Clyde 0 : 2 St Johnstone (Jackson, Irvine)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.8e697a71dfc3e28b003986f5f4d1bac3.png

Horrendous editing skills but theres too many games in this month :lol:

Absolutely cruised it. Even get a nice cameo from Willie McLaren to laugh at what we used to have.

League Table

Untitled.png.6010d32e9b5a2e3bb948e8b2190a2b62.png

Skooshing it.

Dundee were meant to be the favourites, but look miles off it.

Livingston the best team we've played so far, by a distance, so I'm making them my nearest challengers.

September 2008

First Division - St Johnstone 3 : 0 Morton (Jackson x3)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.743043aeb8544a04635365d50a569163.png

Andy Jackson, doing Andy Jackson things.

I said earlier I'd never seen such a horrendous defensive performance on FM. Dominic Shimmin claimed the title just a month after Cuenca. Jackson destroyed him.

Nice to pump a side containing James Grady too.

First Division - Queen of the South 1 : 1 St Johnstone (Jackson)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.8d6ef02d27086671b523de2588ba8a2f.png

Should've lost, got absolutely battered and only Winters missing some sitters saved us.

Jackson got our only real chance of the game and scored it.

Bob Harris showing why I should've signed him.

League Cup - Rangers 3 : 1 St Johnstone (Millar)

Spoiler

Untitled.png.1bdb96391c5ae9df9056ec338fff1ec8.png

Back in a world where John Fleck was a promising 17yo striker, and Kris Boyd was a 25yo striker entering his prime.

First game against top flight opposition, but I'm not sure its a fair gauge of where we are in terms of that division.

Morgan had an absolute stinker, but Mackay has been solid in the middle since joining.

First Division - St Johnstone 2 : 1 Ross County

Spoiler

Untitled.png.ef226557289fdba370d222602d3a9dc6.png

Same as QOS game, we deserved to lose that game heavily.

Getting battered, then Hardie threads a ridiculous through ball to Samuel who knocks it in. Millar than absolutely scabs one in after a proper stramash in the box.

Carey nabbed a late consolation but game was done by then.

County were 2nd when this game came around...

League Table

Untitled.png.1fece99ed1517d608051553f2d4044ef.png

Starting to pull away, this unbeaten start is massive for us, especially since I lose my only left back in January and have *checks notes£1k to replace him with.

Airdrie seem to fancy doing a Brechin, Livingston still look likely to be my closest challengers.

Don't know if it's just me but the numbers when you were a team who wore 1-11 in FM around that time done my baws in. Always had to change it to the traditional way so the strikers were 9 and 10 😂

14 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Don't know if it's just me but the numbers when you were a team who wore 1-11 in FM around that time done my baws in. Always had to change it to the traditional way so the strikers were 9 and 10 😂

The way you select the team infuriates me more. I just right click on the player for the position.

Constantly forget the running order is GK - RB - LB - CB, and always end up selecting it as GK - RB - CB - CB - LB, and end up with the defence all over the shop :lol:

2 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

What's your tactics mate?

Just the original tactics for Saints :lol: 4-4-2. 2 CBs have wee drop back arrows, and one CM, other 3 CMs have forward arrows.

Intended on just using the original tactics and adapting it as we go on, but not found any reason too so far.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The way you select the team infuriates me more. I just right click on the player for the position.

Constantly forget the running order is GK - RB - LB - CB, and always end up selecting it as GK - RB - CB - CB - LB, and end up with the defence all over the shop :lol:

Aye that got me for a while too infact!

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just the original tactics for Saints :lol: 4-4-2. 2 CBs have wee drop back arrows, and one CM, other 3 CMs have forward arrows.

Intended on just using the original tactics and adapting it as we go on, but not found any reason too so far.

Might have a bash with Saints myself. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Might have a bash with Saints myself. :lol: 

Just make sure you keep Jackson fit, hes like a cheat code 😂

October 2008

Untitled.png.31add882b1fd4a3e16baa317da3ad13b.png

We were 2-0 up against Dundee after 10 minutes, pretty seething it wasn't a hammering tbh.

Livingston couldn't cope with us at all.

Finally lost a game though, Samuel put us one up after about five minutes. Half an hour in and we'd battered them, only for Graham Bayne to bash one in. A minute later he scored again. We couldn't respond at all, and it took Jamie Mole missing a penalty for the score not to be even worse for us.

Untitled.png.0428b5315674c7b60883a433047f4e35.png

Chasing pack remain in touch due to Dunfermline beating us. 

Being top scorers, but also having the best defence, is a heavy hint we should be winning this though.

Just noticed you have the real badges in that game. Did you download them or were they already on it? Not on mine

Would copying my badge pack from the FM20 graphics folder into the FM09 one work? Not really fussed about the kits unless there's a decent, old pack for 09 kicking about online as it would look weird the current kits in 09 :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

6 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Would copying my badge pack from the FM20 graphics folder into the FM09 one work? 

This is what I done.

For some reason they dont show up in emails, but everywhere else seems fine.