Best teacher meltdowns

14 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Culloden Academy was a right little den of inequity, certainly till when I left late 90s.

What school did he leave from?  Was he a Wid?

Golspie 

No

We had an English teacher called Mr Stubbs and his nickname was "Stubby".

Not, as you may think due to his name but rather because upon the back of his bald head he had this wee appendage which sat about an inch or so proud of the rest of his cranium.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

We had an English teacher called Mr Stubbs and his nickname was "Stubby".

Not, as you may think due to his name but rather because upon the back of his bald head he had this wee appendage which sat about an inch or so proud of the rest of his cranium.

A sebaceous cyst.

I just discovered her show last night.

Utterly revolting, but compelling. How good must it feel to have that shit finally removed?

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I just discovered her show last night.

Utterly revolting, but compelling. How good must it feel to have that shit finally removed?

That's the appeal I think. 

We've all had a spot that has been squeezed to palpable relief, so can sort of relate, but the massive things you see on that show are things few of us have experienced. Glad that I haven't!

Guest bernardblack
Sorry if I'm being thick here, but if he's going to be a wideo and drink his pupils' drinks, then why lob £20 at them?
And if he's not being a wideo, then why drink his pupils' drinks?

It was funny at the time and still is tbh. He was a top lad and we had a good laugh about it on the Monday.

Doesn’t really need a full psychological breakdown.

On 03/05/2020 at 10:38, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That was about thirty years ago. I'm guessing he's dead by now.

That kind of behaviour wasn't exactly uncommon. We had a PE teacher who was quick with his fists as well. I don't know about now, but it seemed like there were a number of folk in teaching who absolutely detested kids.

My first primary school, as a 5 year old, in 1958 was Wellshot Road School in East Glasgow. 

One day, I lost my pencil , couldn't find it , nor on the floor. Told the teacher, and her reply was ...  "Well, if you can't find it, and I have to loan you one,

I'll have to belt you... ". I can't actually recall what happened next.  Whether I blanked it out, or..

This was my introduction to the strap ( tawse ).    Almost every school in Scotland that I went to,  belting was commonplace.  A f***king disgrace.

I once received 4 strikes of the belt for not having my textbooks out ready on my desk at the point when the teacher arrived for the lesson.

That was Stranraer High School in the late '60's.

The only school I ever went to where I saw almost no belting was Rephad Primary, in Stranraer.  I did Primary 6 and 7 there. My teacher

was a guy called John Maclean.  He'd played for Stranraer a few years before.  In 2 years, I saw him use the belt just once, under extreme provocation. 

Edited by beefybake

2 minutes ago, beefybake said:

My first primary school, as a 5 year old, in 1958 was Wellshot Road School in East Glasgow. 

One day, I lost my pencil , couldn't find it , nor on the floor. Told the teacher, and her reply was ...  "Well, if you can't find it, and I have to loan you one,

I'll have to belt you... ". I can't actually recall what happened next.  Whether I blanked it out, or..

This was my introduction to the strap ( tawse ).    Every school in Scotland that I went to,  belting was commonplace.  A f***king disgrace.

I once received 4 strikes of the belt for not having my textbooks out ready on my desk at the point when the teacher arrived for the lesson.

The only school I ever went to where I saw almost no belting was Rephad Primary, in Stranraer.  I did Primary 6 and 7 there. My teacher

was a guy called John Maclean.  He'd played for Stranraer a few years before.  In 2 years, I saw him use the belt just once, under extreme provocation. 

Naughty boy

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

My old English teacher apparently had a complete mental breakdown, quit her job and now wanders about with a metal detector looking for treasure.

Shame, she was a good teacher.

Sounds a whole lot more fun than teaching a bunch of gobby teenagers to be honest

10 minutes ago, beefybake said:

This was my introduction to the strap ( tawse ).    Almost every school in Scotland that I went to,  belting was commonplace.  A f***king disgrace.

Got belted, aged 8 for losing my place at reading. 

Some might describe it as character building, but I'm still an arsehole with a low concentration span. So, fail, on so many levels... 

2 hours ago, beefybake said:

Not as old as you but extreme violence against infants was still acceptable in the late 60s. I remember Nan (Buggy) Wilson playing up a bit. Miss Laughlan swivelled and hurled a metal pencil box at poor Nan. Caught her on the eye brow and split her like a kipper, blood everywhere. Miss L also have another the C&A treatment (collar and arse), a coup!e of 360 degree spins and let go crashing through various unmanned desks and chairs. There were many slaps and shaking went on before she was eventually manhandled out the class one day.