Best teacher meltdowns

Mid 70s. Secondary school. Replacement teacher for RE (not a real subject, we spent the 40 mins playing top trumps and the like).

Wee guy, troublesome pain in the arse had done something to annoy the teacher and was brought to the front for the belt.

Wee guy keeps drawing his hands away and laughing. This does not generate respect or hilarity amongst classmates, who are of a "hurry up and get on with it ffs ya dafty" disposition.

Teacher is a big, strong guy. He's getting pissed off and losing control. Eventually draws the belt right back and delivers it fully on wee guys face.

Stunned silence. Huge red stripe across wee guy's kisser.

Teacher seems to be emotionally disturbed and is never seen again.

We never discuss it.

45 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Mid 70s. Secondary school. Replacement teacher for RE (not a real subject, we spent the 40 mins playing top trumps and the like).

Wee guy, troublesome pain in the arse had done something to annoy the teacher and was brought to the front for the belt.

Wee guy keeps drawing his hands away and laughing. This does not generate respect or hilarity amongst classmates, who are of a "hurry up and get on with it ffs ya dafty" disposition.

Teacher is a big, strong guy. He's getting pissed off and losing control. Eventually draws the belt right back and delivers it fully on wee guys face.

Stunned silence. Huge red stripe across wee guy's kisser.

Teacher seems to be emotionally disturbed and is never seen again.

We never discuss it.

https://images.app.goo.gl/1t1yxX7scgaW9osh9

Not a teacher meltdown at school, but a meltdown by a teacher nonetheless. The fella in this video (who is catholic) taught me modern studies. Met him at football and elsewhere since, a really sound guy and part of the dynamic Mr Hunt/Mr White patter merchants humanities department group at the Academy at the time. Felt bad about bringing this up but it was soon outed on Twitter he was a teacher at the time.

We had a modern studies teacher who done a stuck the middle finger up to Ibrox (don’t know if he blessed himself) and made it his FB profile picture. Was my last year of school when we found out so don’t know if anything ever happened in regards to it but it certainly gained him respect amongst the basically all Catholic/Celtic supporting pupils.

On 04/05/2020 at 13:42, TheScarf said:

Culloden Academy always struck me as a mental school to attend.  My now closest pals all went there and some of the stories I've heard from them are wild.  

Millburn Academy was fucking boring.  We had all the posh kids from Crown there.  It was up to us Drakies boys to create the carnage.

Mr Allen (?) the RE teacher could always be found spending his Saturday nights creeping around love2love. 

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Mr Allen (?) the RE teacher could always be found spending his Saturday nights creeping around love2love. 

Haha yes. And latterly The Den.

On 21/04/2020 at 18:26, Shandon Par said:

Remember him but never had him as a teaxher. We had Mr “You boy” Bonnar for classics.

Former goalie for Queen of the South.

Few knew that.

On 04/05/2020 at 10:39, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Baby was fine! Culloden Academy had intake from the lovely schemes of Culloden, Smithton, Ardersier and Croy.  Drop kicking a pregnant teacher was probably seen as an act of kindness from some of these animals.

Music teacher left my school and went to Culloden, he was knobing a sixth yr where I went.

Guest bernardblack

Not a meltdown at all here...

When I was 17, my PE teacher saw me and my mate in the boozer. Without saying a word he came over, tanned both our drinks and chucked £20 at us.

I will never forget that

17 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

When I was 17, my PE teacher saw me and my mate in the boozer. Without saying a word he came over, tanned both our drinks and chucked £20 at us.

I will never forget that

Er, why?!

I will never forget that

That’s brilliant. The perfect crime.

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Music teacher left my school and went to Culloden, he was knobing a sixth yr where I went.

Hopefully his absence didn't put you off your Highers.