Anyone else giving serious thought to calling it a day?

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

No you weren't. 

Weren't we?

And they now sit third in the Division One table, six points behind Dunfermline Athletic with only two games remaining.

Their only hope of promotion is if the Pars lose to Morton on Saturday, the Bairns beat the Fife side at East End Park the following week, while second-top Raith Rovers fail to win their final two games.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/13248119?fbclid=IwAR1PHYS4oWELRdBhZbvflB7MGXFE7XMk4QIaaN_YlGWmTDquPEr0S6dZUOI

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Weren't we?

And they now sit third in the Division One table, six points behind Dunfermline Athletic with only two games remaining.

Their only hope of promotion is if the Pars lose to Morton on Saturday, the Bairns beat the Fife side at East End Park the following week, while second-top Raith Rovers fail to win their final two games.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/13248119?fbclid=IwAR1PHYS4oWELRdBhZbvflB7MGXFE7XMk4QIaaN_YlGWmTDquPEr0S6dZUOI

No you weren't, just because something is mathematically possible doesn't merit you having "a shout" of winning it. As well as being 6 points behind you were also 10 behind Dunfermline on goal difference, with less goals scored. 

Absolutely no Falkirk fan, nor any football fan was thinking that you had a "shout" of winning the title. 

Presumably you still think Clyde had a chance of winning the league 1 title? By your logic Dunfermline were still in with a shout of winning the championship. 

Edited by Grant228

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Presumably you still think Clyde had a chance of winning the league 1 title? By your logic Dunfermline were still in with a shout of winning the championship. 

You've taken that too far.

Falkirk were never in with a shout in 10/11. There was a clear title race between rovers and us from very early on.  The idea that they would have won the final 2 games whilst the top 2 lost both (neither side had lost 2 in a row all season at that point) is fantasy.

How they were planning on getting the goal difference back would be an interesting story. 

I can’t remember a single game where anyone was wondering how Falkirk got on.  Even in November fans were following looking out for the goals happening in the other match.  I remember the regular disappointment as rovers scored late on when we thought we had gained a couple of points in the race. Falkirk were never part of the equation,  even less so than Inverness are this year.

Edited by parsforlife

16 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

You've taken that too far.

Just as much of a chance of Dunfermline catching United as there was of Falkirk making up those 6 points tbf. 

If that season had finished after 28 games Rovers would've won it. 

Screenshot_20200424_195939.thumb.jpg.a5c58fcffcb6f408ccdd19ec3b9abaa9.jpg

Thankfully the season played out and Dunfermline would win by ten points in the end. 

Screenshot_20200424_200205.thumb.jpg.4e438215b4f0ef00de401d5b36cf3304.jpg

Some collapse by John McGlynn when the pressure was on. 

We bottled it that season to be honest. We were a decent amount clear in March and had chances to extend our lead too. 

There was one game where we drew against Morton away I think and McGlynn went really weird in the post match interview. Knew at that point the pressure got to him. 

15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We bottled it that season to be honest. We were a decent amount clear in March and had chances to extend our lead too. 

There was one game where we drew against Morton away I think and McGlynn went really weird in the post match interview. Knew at that point the pressure got to him. 

Sadly I think we pretty much finished you by beating you 2-1 at TFS? Mark Stewart with a double. I remember Grant Murray absolutely sprinted off at the end, stoney faced. I think he knew you'd pretty much fucked it.

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Sadly I think we pretty much finished you by beating you 2-1 at TFS? Mark Stewart with a double. I remember Grant Murray absolutely sprinted off at the end, stoney faced. I think he knew you'd pretty much fucked it.

We were still top at that point. But im sure the Pars dropped points that day so we would have went miles clear if we had won. 

Probably one of the loudest Rovers supports I've been in that day. 

37 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It annoyed me the way we just downed tools after the loss at EEP. Was there still 3 games to go? I recall losing to QoS at home the following game and the atmosphere was awful. The fans and players were all on a complete downer.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

It annoyed me the way we just downed tools after the loss at EEP. Was there still 3 games to go? I recall losing to QoS at home the following game and the atmosphere was awful. The fans and players were all on a complete downer.

2 games to go I think. To be fair, the build up to the derby was so intense it was always going to destroy whoever lost it. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The academy closing is surely one of the biggest mistakes, and also short sighted and moronic, in Falkirk's history.

There were a few Falkirk fans on here right behind the decision at the time mind.

They've been making bigger and more hilarious mistakes than that on a rolling, monthly basis since August 2018. It's been absolutely fucking hilarious to watch their gormless fanbase create and remove in turn about seven different profile pictures as each of their new jobber icons/shan 'sack the board' initiatives/Walter Mitty buyers collapse into utter failure.

The gift that just keeps on giving to the rest of Scottish football.

IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

2 games to go I think. To be fair, the build up to the derby was so intense it was always going to destroy whoever lost it. 

How did they run out 10 points clear? How many points were in it when we played the Pars? I had it in my head we were a point or two ahead going into that game.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

How did they run out 10 points clear? How many points were in it when we played the Pars? I had it in my head we were a point or two ahead going into that game.

Point behind. Had a chance to go into the game ahead of them but blew our game in hand against Cowden. 

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Point behind. Had a chance to go into the game ahead of them but blew our game in hand against Cowden. 

A McNeill howler in the cowden game? Or at least some sort of defensive cock up. My memory a bit hazy but it was a draw right? 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Right enough then. 4 points behind with 2 games to go. I suppose if you’re a player it would be hard to get motivated and have a sense of belief it could still happen. That QoS game was brutal though. Couple of thousand still turned up in hope that it might happen. Boom, late QoS goal and everyone goes away for the season unhappy. Was it Derek Lyle?

They've been making bigger and more hilarious mistakes than that on a rolling, monthly basis since August 2018. It's been absolutely fucking hilarious to watch their gormless fanbase create and remove in turn about seven different profile pictures as each of their new jobber icons/shan 'sack the board' initiatives/Walter Mitty buyers collapse into utter failure.
The gift that just keeps on giving to the rest of Scottish football.
IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg
Morton fans still obsessed with Falkirk, it's almost embarrassing