Anyone else giving serious thought to calling it a day?

If the colts teams get in, you might not have a Rovers match to attend. Such is the ill-feeling towards them, a lot of other fans (myself included) would stop going altogether. That’s why all the lower league clubs need to stand together on this issue and just say NO! Your half-baked approach won’t cut it I’m afraid.

We just don't turn up at the ground as away fans. There are a few main issues I have with colts teams. 1:- none of then have stadia suitable, it needs to have all clubs telling then to piss off and refuse to ground share. 2:- the club surely must have to be self sufficient in its own right if they get crowds of 50. Then they have to survive on that and its own sponsorship deals etc. 3:- They must have a squad of players that can't just be changed at the drop of a hat and bring in the top teams players that they couldn't afford to part pay as loan deals.

8 hours ago, foreverarover said:
On 21/04/2020 at 12:27, AFC1878 said:

If the colts teams get in, you might not have a Rovers match to attend. Such is the ill-feeling towards them, a lot of other fans (myself included) would stop going altogether. That’s why all the lower league clubs need to stand together on this issue and just say NO! Your half-baked approach won’t cut it I’m afraid.

We just don't turn up at the ground as away fans. There are a few main issues I have with colts teams. 1:- none of then have stadia suitable, it needs to have all clubs telling then to piss off and refuse to ground share. 2:- the club surely must have to be self sufficient in its own right if they get crowds of 50. Then they have to survive on that and its own sponsorship deals etc. 3:- They must have a squad of players that can't just be changed at the drop of a hat and bring in the top teams players that they couldn't afford to part pay as loan deals.

You would have them then?

Yet another actual moron who clearly didnt take 1 minute to read what I posted.

The moron is you my friend. Anyone seriously deciding that knocking it on the head is aff their collective nut. I couldn’t cope without the Rovers

49 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The moron is you my friend. Anyone seriously deciding that knocking it on the head is aff their collective nut. I couldn’t cope without the Rovers

It's  about degrees of support though. Do you live locally, go to all games home and away. Go to youth/reserve games etc etc.

If you don't then you are capable of choice, you can cope when it suits you to make rational decisions.  Your might not be the fanatic you think you are.

I don't think he's mad for not wanting to attend football, I fully understand why some make that choice. I just don't agree that with the reasons he put forward as I don't think they're genuine. He talks about corruption as if it's something new - if you stayed with Scottish football through Rangers being admitted back into the leagues despite not meeting the criteria other clubs were forced to meet then this latest shambolic vote should be water off a ducks back.

He's fed up watching a shite team, which is fair enough if you're honest about it, just don't dress it up as Scottish footballs problem.

I don't think he's mad for not wanting to attend football, I fully understand why some make that choice. I just don't agree that with the reasons he put forward as I don't think they're genuine. He talks about corruption as if it's something new - if you stayed with Scottish football through Rangers being admitted back into the leagues despite not meeting the criteria other clubs were forced to meet then this latest shambolic vote should be water off a ducks back.
He's fed up watching a shite team, which is fair enough if you're honest about it, just don't dress it up as Scottish footballs problem.

Absolutely. The corruption in Scottish football has always favoured the toxic duo. It’s up to the rest of Scottish football to keep up and challenge and not settle with our lot.

21 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Absolutely. The corruption in Scottish football has always favoured the toxic duo. It’s up to the rest of Scottish football to keep up and challenge and not settle with our lot.

Birthday caird pish.

I thought a Raith Rivers supporter would know about corruption all over Scottish football considering who has been in your boardroom recently.I

The lower leagues are full of racketeers and money launderers.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Birthday caird pish.

I thought a Raith Rivers supporter would know about corruption all over Scottish football considering who has been in your boardroom recently.I

The lower leagues are full of racketeers and money launderers.

How does a shady character in your boardroom alter the fact that Scottish football is set up for the benefit of its two biggest clubs?

17 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

How does a shady character in your boardroom alter the fact that Scottish football is set up for the benefit of its two biggest clubs?

It doesn't but I thought he was overdoing the morality of the others standing up to them. They'll jump into bed with Rangers and Celtic when it suits them. They'll also pull the rug from other clubs for an extra pound.

It has to be hard being a Falkirk fan and knowing that at the absolute peak of your clubs powers the best they will ever achieve is a big game pumping from Kilmarnock Football Club. That is the height of their ambitions, those are seen as the glory seasons.

It has to be hard being a Falkirk fan and knowing that at the absolute peak of your clubs powers the best they will ever achieve is a big game pumping from Kilmarnock Football Club. That is the height of their ambitions, those are seen as the glory seasons.

Jeez, you’re rattled.
What did we do to upset you then?…

As if things weren’t bad enough at the moment random slavers like this appear.
The P&B equivalent of a wet fart.

On 22/04/2020 at 09:33, Hank von Hell said:

Steven Pressley had a couple of months of the season left to keep Falkirk up after the Eddie May debacle - he almost did it, if Ryan Flynn at scored a sitter at Rugby Park he would have. Don't confuse arrogance for positive thinking.

The next season the Falkirk side was absolutely gutted and he had no choice but to play a bunch of kids from the academy who were probably not ready but went on to play brilliantly , running Ross C close for the title and made decent coin for Falkirk. He also signed Farid El Alagui who is still a bit of a legend at the club.       

Steven Pressley was not  "where it went wrong" for Falkirk. 

You seem to be forgetting a whole season. 

2010/11 was his first full season in charge following the relegation, the season started with getting beat by Dunfermline at home and I don't think it ever improved for Falkirk, you still had players on horrendously bloated wages (McLean and O'Brien?) and you played some shocking players throughout the season, ending it getting beat by Dunfermline who you never really challenged for the title. Pressley was very unpopular with Falkirk fans that season, I'm sure the only reason he wasn't booted was because cash was tight. 

I can see why you have chosen to forget that season tbf, it wasn't a great one for Falkirk fans. 

There was a player called Jack Compton I'm sure who looked decent though, on the other hand Mhedi Khalis was really bad, I was certain he would be the worst Falkirk player I'd ever see... Then Paul Hartley came along, and brought some right shite players. 

ezgif-6-97021350954f.gif.cc4b1a7b639ef04a2188d3d8bf05be75.gif

Edited by Grant228

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

2010/11 was his first full season in charge following the relegation, the season started with getting beat by Dunfermline at home and I don't think it ever improved for Falkirk, you still had players on horrendously bloated wages (McLean and O'Brien?) and you played some shocking players throughout the season, ending it getting beat by Dunfermline who you never really challenged for the title. Pressley was very unpopular with Falkirk fans that season, I'm sure the only reason he wasn't booted was because cash was tight. 

I can see why you have chosen to forget that season tbf, it wasn't a great one for Falkirk fans. 

There was a player called Jack Compton I'm sure who looked decent though, on the other hand Mhedi Khalis was really bad, I was certain he would be the worst Falkirk player I'd ever see... Then Paul Hartley came along, and brought some right shite players. 

That clip has been seen quite a lot,  but I’ve never before taken in the other players reaction.  Take longridge for example desperately trying to get back goal side and then having to completely change his run, ‘where the f**k is he going?’

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

That clip has been seen quite a lot,  but I’ve never before taken in the other players reaction.  Take longridge for example desperately trying to get back goal side and then having to completely change his run, ‘where the f**k is he going?’

That is one v confused left back. 

I spewed on the way to the ground due a vicious hangover, couldn't wrap my head around that incident for a good while. Deduced that my lack of depth perception from the opposite end must have meant the ball was too far away. 

13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I wasn't forgetting that season , you have to realise the context of my post - a response to someone stating Pressley's tenure  was when it all went wrong for Falkirk.

The season you mention wasn't fantastic but we did finish 3rd and were in with a shout with 2 games to go.

The inference of the original post I responded to was that there was a downward spiral from when Pressley became manager  ("that's where it all went wrong")- I was trying to point out that was not the case.

Under him we reached the League Cup semi final , losing to Celtic,  beating Rangers & Dundee Utd . We won the Challenge Cup (yeah I know) and got to the semi final of the Scottish Cup before he was head hunted by Coventry. By the time he left we had one of the youngest &  most exciting Falkirk teams I have ever seen. Hardly a downward spiral don't you think?

The original post was ill informed and basically full of shite, probably born out of a dislike for the man himself.  

I am sorry if I did not provide a potted history of Pressley's time at Falkirk but that was not my aim.

For me the turning point for Falkirk was much later when a guy called Craig Campbell walked into Falkirk FC. A  chap who admitted himself he had no idea how to run a football club yet our BOD gave him full control over all operations crucially including the football side - he employed Hartley & McKinnon , closed the Academy quite disgracefully  ,sanctioned the signing of nobodies from England that the manager had not seen , accused the fans of all being racists , wasted all the money we saved from the academy closure, threatened a fan over the copyright of the Falkirk badge when it had actually lapsed , handled the recruitment of McKinnon so badly we got charged by the SFA - need I go on?        

The academy closing is surely one of the biggest mistakes, and also short sighted and moronic, in Falkirk's history.

There were a few Falkirk fans on here right behind the decision at the time mind.

10 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Hold your nerve, lads. Don't bite.

There was though , I had loads of arguments at the time.

Mind you most of them were with Edi Bairn and his multiple aliases.  COYB FB page was worse though , some real fuckin arseholes there and I remember all of them. 

Have a look at the this , the first 30mins of the game - that was Pressley's team full of academy players. Holt had just taken over but he was a rabbit in the headlights and could not close the game down in the second half - criminal.