Anyone else giving serious thought to calling it a day?

15 hours ago, realmadrid said:

This is one thing that will change when this is all done

From the top to the bottom there is bound to be a wage readjustment . This should mean better players being interested in playing in Scotland

The Falkirk decline can shows what a bad management appointment can do . Steven Pressley and his utter arrogance in the season you went down was where it went wrong. 

30 years ago we were grubbing about in the lower league and within 3 years we were back in the Premiership. The Falkirk support levels are superb. The original poster will be back as will his team in time.

Steven Pressley had a couple of months of the season left to keep Falkirk up after the Eddie May debacle - he almost did it, if Ryan Flynn at scored a sitter at Rugby Park he would have. Don't confuse arrogance for positive thinking.

The next season the Falkirk side was absolutely gutted and he had no choice but to play a bunch of kids from the academy who were probably not ready but went on to play brilliantly , running Ross C close for the title and made decent coin for Falkirk. He also signed Farid El Alagui who is still a bit of a legend at the club.       

Steven Pressley was not  "where it went wrong" for Falkirk. 

Give up? Nah, I'm in too deep. Also can't wait to the first game after all this strangeness is over where ever that may be, Firhill, Forfar, Montrose, Falkirk, Greenock, Airdrie even Broadwood. Bring it on!

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Give up? Nah, I'm in too deep. Also can't wait to the first game after all this strangeness is over where ever that may be, Firhill, Forfar, Montrose, Falkirk, Greenock, Airdrie even Broadwood. Bring it on!

Scab

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

This poor soul has went stir crazy due to the lockdown

Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time

Same could be said of Greenock...😉

I'll just be glad to get back to watching the football, wherever and whenever that may be.I

On 21/04/2020 at 02:26, Gordon EF said:

Celtic beat Lazio, who're 1 point off the top of Serie A, home and away this season.

Not relevant, can’t judge on a one off game ,I’d be interested to hear what happened after that win , there is not a hope in hell that Celtic or rangers could win the champions league or Europa league so yes our football has declined . Forget the old firm there are regular embarrassing results in Europe from teams like Aberdeen and others 

On 21/04/2020 at 00:49, BairnBrainBrian said:

This is something I have been thinking about for the last 2-3 seasons, I am just not enjoying the football the same as I was. it is not purely down to the shit we have been serving up because, believe it or not, we have had teams just as shit as the current one before, and I never missed a game.

I just don't have the same appetite for it now, maybe it is just a few kick in the baws too much. I do know one big reason I am pissed off with it all, and that is the blatant corruption that seems to be generally accepted as the norm.

For decades we have watched the self preservation league move goalposts to keep the their pals sweet, and I am sure they will find a way to keep Hearts up too. 

But, for me, Scottish football is stagnating, the quality on display from Celtic all the way down to Brechin is just awful. Aberdeen regularly get pumped in Europe by trawler boat crews and every time Celtic play  a decent European side they get humiliated, but maybe it is just the more serious issues at the moment that have put football into a more realistic perspective.

Is anyone else feeling the same way, or do I just need a kick up the erse?

I’m not with you on this thread, but sympathise and understand where you’re coming from.

Falkirk will feel hard done by if there is no 14-10-10-10 or the likes and you see yourselves as being firmly in the championship at least.

As a Mo fan, we had 20 years or so punching beneath our weight, while clubs like Brechin were way above theirs.

Now I see the Mo being where they should be and we do get entertaining football.

But this is a bit of a rarity, and not many supporters can honestly say this.

I think Scottish football needs a huge shake up.

Clear out the archaic blazers running the show, look at other nations, like Iceland, Croatia etc and see what they are doing right.

Stop trying to copy England, which is a totally different entity that gets billions chucked at football from the TV.

Scotland gets the crumbs and the twa cheeks o the erse sook it up. This BBC is a hugely England centric entity, what country in the world would get to watch its neighbours international game while their own country is not available on mainstream TV?

Why was Scottish football so successful in the 1970s and 80s? We can also learn from the past.

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Not relevant, can’t judge on a one off game ,I’d be interested to hear what happened after that win , there is not a hope in hell that Celtic or rangers could win the champions league or Europa league so yes our football has declined . Forget the old firm there are regular embarrassing results in Europe from teams like Aberdeen and others 

There is not a hope in hell that anyone outside the top 5 leagues can now win the Champions league and without PSG that would be top 4 leagues, Its almost the closed shop they want.

16 of the 32 places are given to the top 4 leagues before the season even starts, its more to do with TV revenue of the domestic market than the ability to build teams on the pitch as Ajax, Porto etc did in the past.

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Steven Pressley had a couple of months of the season left to keep Falkirk up after the Eddie May debacle - he almost did it, if Ryan Flynn at scored a sitter at Rugby Park he would have. Don't confuse arrogance for positive thinking.

The next season the Falkirk side was absolutely gutted and he had no choice but to play a bunch of kids from the academy who were probably not ready but went on to play brilliantly , running Ross C close for the title and made decent coin for Falkirk. He also signed Farid El Alagui who is still a bit of a legend at the club.       

Steven Pressley was not  "where it went wrong" for Falkirk. 

Looking at his overall management record and his actual results would say different , Coventry was a hard job granted but then at each subsequent job he has left the team lower then in he found them while putting out the same persona and its always someone else fault.

Top flight football isnt appealing any more. I like German football but beyond that I'd rather watch a junior game if Dumbarton aren't playing than any of the pish you see on TV from England. The Scottish top flight is massively and unhealthily skewed. There's nothing that we can do about that beyond hoping that the people of Aberdeen and Edinburgh fall in love with football again and give Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs the kind of fanbase that can make it a genuine top 4 or 5 in Scotland.

I think there's a hell of a lot of entertainment, if not necessarily skill, in the lower leagues and in junior football and that we sell our game short. I'm 40 and was one of the few kids in my secondary school (I was the only kid in primary school) who regularly went to football games on a Saturday (Ibrox with my dad). I think that the game in Scotland could do so much more to encourage people along to their local team. Unfortunately the media thrives on the absolute throbbers on the margins of the old firm. The picture created of Scottish football really does nothing to attract new fans to matches. It's annoying because the success of the likes of Glasgow Warriors and Braehead/Glasgow Clan suggests that there is a market out there for people from non-football backgrounds to be attracted to sports, particularly families. Moving from following a big side to my local side over a decade ago actually made me fall in love with football again. Calling it a day is the last thing on my mind.

26 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Looking at his overall management record and his actual results would say different , Coventry was a hard job granted but then at each subsequent job he has left the team lower then in he found them while putting out the same persona and its always someone else fault.

Yes but my statement was specifically & exclusively concerning his time at Falkirk...…...as was your original one.  

You said Steven Pressley's management was when it all went wrong for Falkirk - I replied disputing that giving you my reasoning.

His subsequent managerial record has zero relevance to this. Would you say Davie Moyes did a crap job at Everton based on his overall management record & pish performance at Man U , Real Sociedad, Sunderland etc? (and I am not saying Pressley is in Moyes' league as a coach.)     

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Can't be arsed with quitters. Right now, as a Falkirk fan, I'm dreaming of us getting to the Premiershit & sticking it right up their darling 2 cheeks (might never happen but it keeps me going).

That, and reading about Ross Matthews ending his career by tripping over a can of Tennents.

now now, play nice.

2 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

What the f**k are you talking about?

The claim was that "every time Celtic play  a decent European side they get humiliated". The fact that Celtic not only avoided humiliation or even defeat but beat the second best team in Italy home and away is more than enough to refute the hysterical, tear-stained claim from the OP.

I'm not interested in claiming Celtic could win the Champions League and absolutely nothing about the fact I stated suggests I am.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yes but my statement was specifically & exclusively concerning his time at Falkirk...…...as was your original one.  

You said Steven Pressley's management was when it all went wrong for Falkirk - I replied disputing that giving you my reasoning.

His subsequent managerial record has zero relevance to this. Would you say Davie Moyes did a crap job at Everton based on his overall management record & pish performance at Man U , Real Sociedad, Sunderland etc? (and I am not saying Pressley is in Moyes' league as a coach.)     

Fair enough but he was the manager in charge when you lost your Premier league status and his attitude or self belief as you put it has never changed and it never will.

Where would you say it went wrong?

Staying in the top league is the key and I am sure you will eventually be back, you stand a far better chance than most of the Championship teams bar Dundee due to the level of support. 

Perhaps the move to the Falkirk Stadium is the answer by not owning the inside of the Main stand and thus being starved of the extra income that comes with it.

I have enjoyed going to football less and less as the football got worse but not totally because of that.   I got into supporting football and Falkirk by my mates as my dad isn't really a football fan, over the years the majority of boys from the original crowd who I started going with 20 years ago have now chucked it for various reasons, there are only 2 of us that go regularly and one has family comitments now,  I don't as yet have kids of my own .  so basically when the game is shite , if theres not the social element of the day out then it can be a thoroughly unenjoyable experience