Anyone else giving serious thought to calling it a day?

I've avoided posting on this thread so far as there are other more important things to deal with but right now the last thing on my mind is to jack in my football. Even in what would normally be the closed season I really miss it and I'd say that whether we were in the Championship, League 1 or League 2 (not the HL though!!). Saturday journeys to watch my team wherever they play just aren't the same - Saturday is football day, there are 6 other days in the week to do something else. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2020 at 00:49, BairnBrainBrian said:

This is something I have been thinking about for the last 2-3 seasons, I am just not enjoying the football the same as I was. it is not purely down to the shit we have been serving up because, believe it or not, we have had teams just as shit as the current one before, and I never missed a game.

I just don't have the same appetite for it now, maybe it is just a few kick in the baws too much. I do know one big reason I am pissed off with it all, and that is the blatant corruption that seems to be generally accepted as the norm.

For decades we have watched the self preservation league move goalposts to keep the their pals sweet, and I am sure they will find a way to keep Hearts up too. 

But, for me, Scottish football is stagnating, the quality on display from Celtic all the way down to Brechin is just awful. Aberdeen regularly get pumped in Europe by trawler boat crews and every time Celtic play  a decent European side they get humiliated, but maybe it is just the more serious issues at the moment that have put football into a more realistic perspective.

Is anyone else feeling the same way, or do I just need a kick up the erse?

Try supporting Clyde for 25 years, seen us nearly reach the SPL and then finish bottom of the Third Division, 10 seasons in the bottom tier watchin some absolute honkin players and performances hardly missed a game.

The Good times will come back for Falkirk.

Have always  said the only thing that would see me walk away is if the Colt thing came to pass, bad enough them taking Challenge Cup places but league places is going too far. Would walk away for sure and have always made it known to those in charge of our club.

• 1 month later...
On 09/06/2020 at 20:34, BullyWeeLad said:

The Good times will come back for Falkirk.

The sentiment is welcome but I do wonder what you mean by "good times?"

I'm 33 years in and I'd struggle to identify what was the actual good times.

Maybe it's the 90s and watching Jefferies team?

Maybe it's the 3 cup finals?

Maybe it's the 5 seasons in the SPL?

Maybe even the season under Houston where we finished 2nd to Rangers and with a points total that would usually win the league?

Problem with all of these is that far smaller clubs from areas that don't give a shit about football can boast better seasons than that.

FFC success stories are all sad as f**k. Getting to cup finals.......and losing. Beating Hibs in the playoffs before getting bitched off Killie. Even the Jefferies seasons had us relegated and only winning Division 1 and a B&Q cup. 

Although the Jefferies seasons were excellent if we were comparing stories of good times with Inverness, St Johnstone Ross County and Livi fans they'd all be giving us pity.

Falkirk fans have a very strange idea of success and are happy to just be part of something.

Our trophy haul from the last 4 decades is f**k all to be shouting from the rooftops.

Edited by Gaz FFC

On 21/04/2020 at 00:49, BairnBrainBrian said:

This is something I have been thinking about for the last 2-3 seasons, I am just not enjoying the football the same as I was. it is not purely down to the shit we have been serving up because, believe it or not, we have had teams just as shit as the current one before, and I never missed a game.

I just don't have the same appetite for it now, maybe it is just a few kick in the baws too much. I do know one big reason I am pissed off with it all, and that is the blatant corruption that seems to be generally accepted as the norm.

For decades we have watched the self preservation league move goalposts to keep the their pals sweet, and I am sure they will find a way to keep Hearts up too. 

But, for me, Scottish football is stagnating, the quality on display from Celtic all the way down to Brechin is just awful. Aberdeen regularly get pumped in Europe by trawler boat crews and every time Celtic play  a decent European side they get humiliated, but maybe it is just the more serious issues at the moment that have put football into a more realistic perspective.

Is anyone else feeling the same way, or do I just need a kick up the erse?

For me I've never ever considered chucking it altogether. Even when we were relegated 2 seasons in a row and then finished bottom of league 2 and remained there or thereabouts for however many years it was afterwards.

As well as god knows how many days theyve ruined, going to watch Clyde has given me some of the best days I've ever had. Beating Celtic and 2 promotions are the obvious ones but theres also the numerous away day wins, last minute winners, comebacks, cup wins - like beating Raith away 4-0 with a team of juniors.

On top of this, all the friendships I've made through the club and all the guys & girls i have got to know over the years would never have happened without Clyde. Also, Playing with the supporters team (Bully Wee United) for 10+ years has given me some class days/ weekends and outstanding memories, such as flying down to Cambridge to play them in the UK cup and gubbing them 5-0. What a weekend.

Alot of these memories are to be cherished and would never have happened without the club. And no matter how shite our teams are doing on the park on a Saturday and the standard of fitbaw we are watching, there is so much more than that to supporting yer team and many more memories to be made in the future.

9 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

For me I've never ever considered chucking it altogether. Even when we were relegated 2 seasons in a row and then finished bottom of league 2 and remained there or thereabouts for however many years it was afterwards.

As well as god knows how many days theyve ruined, going to watch Clyde has given me some of the best days I've ever had. Beating Celtic and 2 promotions are the obvious ones but theres also the numerous away day wins, last minute winners, comebacks, cup wins - like beating Raith away 4-0 with a team of juniors.

On top of this, all the friendships I've made through the club and all the guys & girls i have got to know over the years would never have happened without Clyde. Also, Playing with the supporters team (Bully Wee United) for 10+ years has given me some class days/ weekends and outstanding memories, such as flying down to Cambridge to play them in the UK cup and gubbing them 5-0. What a weekend.

Alot of these memories are to be cherished and would never have happened without the club. And no matter how shite our teams are doing on the park on a Saturday and the standard of fitbaw we are watching, there is so much more than that to supporting yer team and many more memories to be made in the future.

Crivens! Jings!

Michty Me!

Francis Gay

Supports the Bully Wee!

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2020 at 15:54, CALDERON said:

The Championship had a player called up to the Scotland National Team, who went on to play (and score)

People can overstate how good the past was, League 1 is certainly better than it was the last time we won this league in 2009.

Falkirk blew this season because they weren't managed properly at any stage, and lost too many points to teams with a fraction of their support and budget.  I dare say that is why some of their fans are depressed, rather than Scottish football going on a downward trajectory in standard.

Falkirk never blew anything , they have been denied the chance to win the league , and fine you know it . 8 games to play 🤮 

How does a shady character in your boardroom alter the fact that Scottish football is set up for the benefit of its two biggest clubs?

I dont really understand the issue with this though. As much as i dislike the OF, they bring in most of the money to scottish football. It is what it is

• 1 month later...
On 27/04/2020 at 15:54, CALDERON said:

The Championship had a player called up to the Scotland National Team, who went on to play (and score)

People can overstate how good the past was, League 1 is certainly better than it was the last time we won this league in 2009.

Falkirk blew this season because they weren't managed properly at any stage, and lost too many points to teams with a fraction of their support and budget.  I dare say that is why some of their fans are depressed, rather than Scottish football going on a downward trajectory in standard.

Can't believe I'm quoting a post from April but I've just seen it.

For the record in the 1st 18 games in charge our management duo have had they're only bettered by Ian McCall in modern times.

Really blows that not properly managed shite out the window.

Our failure last season really was to keep Ray so long. With a half decent management we were really finding our stride.

2 defeats in 18 matches and 1 of those was to Premier League Hearts is not shabby.