Anyone else giving serious thought to calling it a day?

Falkirk have adopted the same approach to getting out this league as Barry Smith did with us, chucking 11 players on the pitch who on paper should be enough to get out this league and hoping for the best.  Can understand why that is grim to watch.

This level (and football in general) is what you make of it I guess.  Some seasons are great fun, some are absolutely shite.  The law of averages says that clubs of Falkirk's size will end up at a higher level again sooner rather than later, then its a different story.  

The Colts teams wouldn't be a deal breaker for me in terms of attending Rovers matches, but I wouldn't ever attend a match containing them.  

2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

All 2 of them?

They did scud Berwick in the betfred group stage and knock Dunfermline out the Scottish cup too.

I didn't actually realise it was only 2 league wins. Of course we were one of them :lol:

I’m sure we all go through a phase where we don’t enjoy it but it’s a bit bizarre to be claiming it’s because Celtic and Aberdeen lose a game or two in Europe. I could hardly give less of a f**k.

Much more likely is your own team are shite and you’re not enjoying it. Happens to us all. Grant Murray and Barry Smith aren’t the worst managers we’ve ever had by any means but their sides were absolutely dismal to watch and I hated almost everything about going to watch them.

All it takes is a change of manager or a bit of luck (like being handed promotion, as Falkirk may well be) and you’ll be fine.

The Colts teams wouldn't be a deal breaker for me in terms of attending Rovers matches, but I wouldn't ever attend a match containing them.  

If the colts teams get in, you might not have a Rovers match to attend. Such is the ill-feeling towards them, a lot of other fans (myself included) would stop going altogether. That’s why all the lower league clubs need to stand together on this issue and just say NO! Your half-baked approach won’t cut it I’m afraid.

You’d think that Falkirk were some massive city club having a bit of a down turn in fortunes. Falkirk as a town is about the same size as Kirkcaldy, Falkirk have been punching way above their weight for years

Some serious knicker-wetting on here because someone dares to have an opinion about something.

I do appreciate the feedback (good and bad) from the rational people who actually took the time to read what I said, and put some thought into their replies.

I do love the Fifer who can 'definitely' read my mind, if I had that gift I would be putting it to a more beneficial use.

For the guys whose reading comprehension is not the best, please read what I actually posted instead of what you imagined I posted. There is quite a relevant part around where I said 'maybe I just need a kick up the erse'.

Anyone else giving serious thought to calling it a day?

Speaking as a Rovers fan, If I ever had, I suspect I would have done so long ago.....probably within a month of Claude Le Fraud's arrival.

I'll freely admit there have been times during and after Gary F Locke's ill fated tenure that I have questioned my sanity in travelling to places like Stranraer and Peterhead or even attending any game on a driech  freezing winters day.

Some serious knicker-wetting on here because someone dares to have an opinion about something.

I do appreciate the feedback (good and bad) from the rational people who actually took the time to read what I said, and put some thought into their replies.

I do love the Fifer who can 'definitely' read my mind, if I had that gift I would be putting it to a more beneficial use.

For the guys whose reading comprehension is not the best, please read what I actually posted instead of what you imagined I posted. There is quite a relevant part around where I said 'maybe I just need a kick up the erse'.

The knicker wetting is coming from Falkirk fans, and the fact a Falkirk fan is complaining about giving it all up because your massive club are failing. I’d see the point if Falkirk were winning cup after cup and winning league titles on a regular basis. Claiming League 1 is utter shite. That says more about Fa’kirk being crap too. This is merely the observations of reading what some of your clubs fans are saying. Not you personally.

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The knicker wetting is coming from Falkirk fans, and the fact a Falkirk fan is complaining about giving it all up because your massive club are failing. I’d see the point if Falkirk were winning cup after cup and winning league titles on a regular basis. Claiming League 1 is utter shite. That says more about Fa’kirk being crap too. This is merely the observations of reading what some of your clubs fans are saying. Not you personally.

Yet another actual moron who clearly didnt take 1 minute to read what I posted.

At the grand old age of 27, I have seen Clyde: Win the old Division 2, punch well above our weight in Division 1 for years, knock Celtic out the cup, finish bottom of Division 1, Division 2 and Division 3 in convective seasons (only ever club to do so unless Brechin completed that treble?) and languish for 9 seasons before finally coming good last season. 

The only time I ever considered chucking it was when we lost 8-1 to Montrose. I wasn’t even at the game but I don’t think I’ve ever felt as bereft of football as I did then. If I made it through all of that, I highly doubt I’m going to stop now. 

Obviously at this level, the players and managements attitude is absolutely crucial. What Danny Lennon has brought in at Clyde is something I didn’t see for a lot of those years - some sense of togetherness. It makes a huge difference as a fan. Aye, we don’t have Messi’s or Ronaldo’s running about but all we ask is commitment and effort. If they have that, I’ll always support them. 

I actually shudder at the thought of some of the people who came through Broadwood’s door during our plight. I don’t think I could go through that again. 

We've only been in League One for one and three quarter seasons but the standard is pretty decent.

I do know that the standard in League Two is markedly better than it was in the mid 2000s when twenty stone centre forwards (Yardley, M), guys in  their mid 40s (Jackson, D), neanderthal kick and rush management (Moffat, J, Turnip, T) and shambolic rabbles who looked like they'd met one another on the team bus (Stirlingshire, E) were quite common sights.

Things will turn again for Falkirk who are at a low ebb. Just the cyclical nature of football. Frankly, with Partick and Airdrie in the league for next season the top end will resemble an old Scottish Division One from the 80s. There's also an opportunity to hurl abuse at Paul Hartley which i'm sure all Bairns fans are looking forward to.

Hartley's appointment was one of the funniest moments of the abandoned season- Cove proudly announcing his arrival on twitter followed by literally *hundreds* of Falkirk fans queing up to denounce him as a greasy skidmark, clueless buffoon, etc etc.

I think quite often it is just a case of life getting in the way of life.  Something else crops up and/or I find excuses to not go to the football.  Tend to go to more away matches than Home as usually a few that are easier to get to. 
Think there was a period of about five years in the early noughties where I never managed to pick a game to go watch that the Rovers won.  That was troubling times.  Of late I must be about 75% wins or draws so happier going to the football with that percentage chance.  Seems more of a "waste" of money when you go home in a huff after a loss.

Top flight football doesn't interest me at all, people banging on about the UEFA coefficient blah blah.  Not fussed as doesn't affect.  Stopped falling for Skys "Super Sunday" adverts years ago, snooze fests usually.

Partly because I don't have BT sport I assume, but I also hardly watch any champions league - the final and that is about it.  Hate all the seeding that happens to just favour the big guns and it is usually boring predictable stuff.  Ajax were a wee breath of fresh air as something different.

Lets see what happens with this reconstruction chat, but we have been stung by this being useless before!

Scotland had the 6th best performance of any league in Europe this season.

Let’s be fair, Scotland in this respect is effectively two teams, who are miles better than anyone else. Kilmarnock got knocked out by a welsh team ffs. It’s not been a great standard in the premiership this year.

Not once have I considered not going to Rovers games (as sh**e as it can be at times), Saturdays are not the same without it, without having a dig at Falkirk I do think you feeling this way may be because Falkirk are in decline? Imo the majority of Scottish football is improving and has been entertaining at every level this season. As a Rovers fan the past 2 seasons have been brutal, but I would never consider stopping attending games. Regardless of how poor we were before the season was ended I'm still buzzing for it to be back (hopefully sooner rather than later 🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Let’s be fair, Scotland in this respect is effectively two teams, who are miles better than anyone else. Kilmarnock got knocked out by a welsh team ffs. It’s not been a great standard in the premiership this year.

There were mitigating circumstances there; Kilmarnock struggling to take to a new manager who many of a previously successful dressing room already disliked; couple that with obvious complacency, and you create the perfect circumstances to lose to a team of 100% lung-power battlers like the Nomads.

Bigger teams get shocked occasionally, not sure you can draw too many broader lessons from it though.

10 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I think apathy sets in from time to time, no matter who you support out with probably Celtic and in the current climate it probably amplifies those feelings.

In my late teens and early 20’s I used to go home and away to support East Fife with a great bunch of guys and girls but over the years that number started to dwindle for a variety of reasons. I’ve been out of Scotland nearly 6 years now but first thing I do on a Sunday morning over here is check the East Fife result.

I think once the whole Coronavirus pandemic hopefully starts to become more manageable then things in the garden will start to look a bit more rose again.

Drinking-too-much-wine-during-the-lockdown type post, imho

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How many champions league sides did we have? Noone gives a feck about the europa league. Man U are beating clubs with their reserve sides ffs. Champ league is all that matters and again we had no team qualifying.

Peter Noone, Herman's Hermits