Anyone else giving serious thought to calling it a day?

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Clyde FC supporters top Tattoos 2020:

1) We beat Falkirk 3 times this season!

2) Club Crest

3) Mum

4) Dad

image.png.afe1429d6d7cd8f9ca40bbb7b9b00742.png

image.png.5669db9abd0ebdb144f35e1cb84e2b42.png

image.png.0f855d0f73677e403df6347b70d9606a.png

image.png

Your text list and photo list are in different orders. Great attempt though.

Edited by C. Muir

Nope, love going along on a Saturday to watch the Rovers and having a few beers and a chat with other fans. It might not be the best standard of football but you can shove watching La Liga or the EPL as it’s just a bunch of overpaid mercenaries who’d sign for anyone who offers them more money, my nearest team is Newcastle but I’d rather head to the Rovers. No idea how people can support teams in another country they have no connection with. Lived in Vegas for 3 years until 2019 and while I loved my time there I missed going to the match on a Saturday, hockey just wasn’t the same. I’ve seen many lows over the years watching Rovers and Scotland but I wouldn’t swap it for the few highs they’ve given me. I’ll slate the SFA and the SPFL for the shower they are but my hope is that we finally get someone who runs our game for the benefit of all the teams and not just 2. Scotland is a football daft country and our attendance’s dwarf most countries, our fans travel all over and the fact we’re finally setting up a proper pyramid gives me some hope that change is beginning to happen.

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Completely disagree with your sentiments regarding the standard of Scottish football. I think our game has improved a lot from where we were perhaps ten years ago when clubs were bringing in teams full of second rate players from abroad. I’m sick of hearing how poor our game is compared to our English neighbours. They might have plenty money and top players down there but, in my opinion, the games in the EPL are boring and pretty predictable. One thing you can’t accuse Scottish football of is being boring!

I completely agree that this is just my subjective view, and am happy to admit that I could be perceiving things more negatively than others. I have also seen some piss poor epl and championship games in the last few years too.

I won’t give up on Scottish football and my team because of the pandemic. If anything it makes me look forward to the first match even more, whenever that will be.

Perhaps the game isn't quite do all-consuming as it was when younger but still at a match 3 Saturdays in 4 normally. This season I went to over 30 games at quite a few dfferent venues before the halt.

Oddly the only thing that would really make me think twice is if the bigoted arsecheeks forced their colt teams into L2. If that happened the game really would be up I fear, and for many of us.

I love it but i can see where a few people are coming from here.

Football is all about the ups and downs but Falkirk have been on the decline for a decade which i think makes up for a lot of the malaise. Even in our 2nd place finishes in the Championship we were never properly challenging and this years attempt at a title with a relatively massive budget has been a shambles, add to that the closure of the academy so we don't even have the community club feel.

I actually think the general standard of the top tier is improving but we've not been, I do agree though that if we were playing decent football and hitting the positions a reasonable Falkirk fan would expect (challenging for 2nd tier/bottom of top tier) then we'd feel a lot more invested.

For me, I've not got a real local connection to the club as it was my uncle who got me into supporting the Bairns when i was a kid and it's stuck (cursed me for life). I recently bought a flat in Glasgow and I'm thinking of going to watch some of the new West of Scotland league when it starts along with Falkirk games, Maryhill are probably the closest team so I'll go for them. I'm probably in the "happy to get out on a Saturday" camp so I've never really taken an interest in things at SPFL board level so can't speak to that.

Edited by ilostmyself

I won’t give up on Scottish football and my team because of the pandemic. If anything it makes me look forward to the first match even more, whenever that will be.
Perhaps the game isn't quite do all-consuming as it was when younger but still at a match 3 Saturdays in 4 normally. This season I went to over 30 games at quite a few dfferent venues before the halt.
Oddly the only thing that would really make me think twice is if the bigoted arsecheeks forced their colt teams into L2. If that happened the game really would be up I fear, and for many of us.

I think Colts would seal the deal for many, hopefully the SFA, SPFL and the clubs understand the feeling amongst the fans about this.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Italian teams dont really give a feck for the europa league though. Celtic getting pumped out by cluj who didn't even  qualify shows us  where we're really at.

I'm not trying to say Celtic are some world class side. The OP said they get humiliated every time they play decent opposition. Clearly that is utter shite.

Anyone who's given the League One forum a cursory glance this season will know that a certain section of Falkirk fans are in some kind of deep state of melancholy about their club and part of their way of dealing with that is to have this viewpoint that everything is pish. It is absolutely no coincidence that of all the clubs in League One, it's Falkirk who have their worst side in over a generation.

As someone said, this is the kind of stuff you hear from fans of clubs who're down in the dumps (relatively speaking). Montrose fans, who're watching their best side in a generation, funnily enough, have a much brighter outlook on things.

If any Falkirk fan is feeling like this and wondering whether it's just cos Falkirk are pisher than they have been since flares were in fashion, be under no illusion... it is.

Edited by Gordon EF

Falkirk specific, it's hard to see a way back to any kind of decent standard. Once a rot sets in it reaches the point where what's required to turn it round is outwith the reach of a lower league Scottish club. 

That said, we have fanbase and infrastructure that's unusual for the level, but we torpedoed the academy. That doesnt help. 

Speaking more broadly, I just think malaise is normal and if you couple it with the way life is just now, and the uncertainty around the return of football, then the OP is understandable. I'd bet it wont feel like that when it returns though.

The only caveat being, back to Falkirk specific, I was seething with the board before all of this, and if there is no momentum left against them and they return to the wee tea party club they love so much, it might be fucked for me then. 

I'm not trying to say Celtic are some world class side. The OP said they get humiliated every time they play decent opposition. Clearly that is utter shite.

To be honest that shows everything that’s wrong with the game these days, for all their faults the bigot brothers have huge fan bases that rival any team in world football but it makes zero difference as TV money is all that matters these days and Celtic will struggle to match wages by English Championship teams.

9 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I think Colts would seal the deal for many, hopefully the SFA, SPFL and the clubs understand the feeling amongst the fans about this.

Have always said that if Colt teams got a league place I would not be back, normally go to every game home or away but would probably head to a HFL or local junior game if Colts involved.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

To be honest that shows everything that’s wrong with the game these days, for all their faults the bigot brothers have huge fan bases that rival any team in world football but it makes zero difference as TV money is all that matters these days and Celtic will struggle to match wages by English Championship teams.

Absolutely, that is true. And if that was the point being made, I'd agree with it. It wasn't though.

Anyone giving up watching lower league football because Celtic didn't qualify for the champions league is oftw. I love going to see the Sons and couldn't give a flying f**k about how Scottish teams perform in Europe.