Village Green to Premier League

craigiemack

Absolutely gutting end to this thread. Shows no job is safe at the end of the day, irrespective of your past achievements.

OP (and anyone else in this thread), one thing I struggle with in FM is saves exactly like this. I've never took a club up the leagues in England as I can never really strike the right chord with my squad. I can usually assemble a squad no worries and get promotion from the league I start, but then when I go up, I realise my squad is nowhere near good enough to adapt, but then struggle to really strengthen without spending stupid amounts of money.

I can do it in Scotland no problem. I think something which doesn't help in England is if you're mid table, the seasons are long and boring as you've got nothing to work towards. In the Scottish leagues, at least you're never more than a couple of places away from a playoff spot.

Any tips for English promotion files? Would love to start one with Stockport or York, and try and get them back up the leagues.

Absolutely gutting end to this thread. Shows no job is safe at the end of the day, irrespective of your past achievements.

OP (and anyone else in this thread), one thing I struggle with in FM is saves exactly like this. I've never took a club up the leagues in England as I can never really strike the right chord with my squad. I can usually assemble a squad no worries and get promotion from the league I start, but then when I go up, I realise my squad is nowhere near good enough to adapt, but then struggle to really strengthen without spending stupid amounts of money.
I can do it in Scotland no problem. I think something which doesn't help in England is if you're mid table, the seasons are long and boring as you've got nothing to work towards. In the Scottish leagues, at least you're never more than a couple of places away from a playoff spot.
Any tips for English promotion files? Would love to start one with Stockport or York, and try and get them back up the leagues.

My main problem was income, my crowds weren’t big enough to generate enough money to get decent players in and we probably got promoted to League 1 too soon. If I had another year of playing League 2 we would’ve got another big chunk of the TV and Solidarity payments and that would’ve probably helped get better players in League 1.

Stockport and York would be really good saves I think. They both have good supports and are big teams at that level so you wouldn’t have any problems attracting players.

Going by the SI forums on Non League to Prem saves, the average time seems to be about 7-10 years, NL N/S, NL and League 2 are straight forward enough if you get a decent team together but League 1 and the Championship are difficult as there’s such a gulf in wealth throughout the teams

Gutted.
If the club has any rival side take charge there and try and overthrow the scabs.

I actually added all the leagues back in and was going to try and take another team up and overtake Barford. I played a few seasons with them but then the leagues wouldn’t restart. The cups would restart but no teams would be promoted and relegated until the next season. It was strange, googled it and there’s no way to fix it unless you send your save file into SI and they debug it I think. Was Gutted.

6 hours ago, craigiemack said:

My main problem was income, my crowds weren’t big enough to generate enough money to get decent players in and we probably got promoted to League 1 too soon. If I had another year of playing League 2 we would’ve got another big chunk of the TV and Solidarity payments and that would’ve probably helped get better players in League 1.

Stockport and York would be really good saves I think. They both have good supports and are big teams at that level so you wouldn’t have any problems attracting players.

Going by the SI forums on Non League to Prem saves, the average time seems to be about 7-10 years, NL N/S, NL and League 2 are straight forward enough if you get a decent team together but League 1 and the Championship are difficult as there’s such a gulf in wealth throughout the teams

I think a degree of patience is needed for sure. I last attempted a save like it on FM19 and got Fylde up to League 2 within 2 seasons. Once I got there though I binned most of my squad cos they weren't good enough for the step up and I really struggled to replace them all. Didn't even last my first full season before getting sacked.