Season over

Thesoccerguy

They didnt null and void the season in the spfl, they finished the season on current standings. At senior level only Europe's big leagues could afford to finish the season.

There was no right decisions in all this, only people with their own agendas.

England- PLAN TO FINISH THE SEASON, some players and media have a go saying they are putting a sport and money before health

Scotland senior - CURRENT STANDINGS AWARDED, Ex players, fans and media outrage, even threats of legal action to try and stop it.

Scotland junior- AVERAGE POINTSPER GAME, a club sitting miles behind on points and games win the league.... outrage.

Scotland grassroots- ALMOST ALL LEAGUES NULL AND VOID "it's a joke, ran by monkeys, dinosaurs, clowns etc.

Iv even heard some of the Rangers fans who was calling celtics title tainted suggest there amatuer club should be promoted using current standing and points per game. As I said it's a situation that there is no right answer except the one that suits individual clubs and agendas.

That would be the idea scenario muzza n get all the leagues finished. They made the decision tae null n void the leagues far 2 quick in ma eyes same with the spfl aswell.......the top of the games run by monkeys up here in scotland!!!

1 hour ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

They didnt null and void the season in the spfl, they finished the season on current standings. At senior level only Europe's big leagues could afford to finish the season.

There was no right decisions in all this, only people with their own agendas.

England- PLAN TO FINISH THE SEASON, some players and media have a go saying they are putting a sport and money before health

Scotland senior - CURRENT STANDINGS AWARDED, Ex players, fans and media outrage, even threats of legal action to try and stop it.

Scotland junior- AVERAGE POINTSPER GAME, a club sitting miles behind on points and games win the league.... outrage.

Scotland grassroots- ALMOST ALL LEAGUES NULL AND VOID "it's a joke, ran by monkeys, dinosaurs, clowns etc.

Iv even heard some of the Rangers fans who was calling celtics title tainted suggest there amatuer club should be promoted using current standing and points per game. As I said it's a situation that there is no right answer except the one that suits individual clubs and agendas.

Aye a know the spfl was finished on current standing buddy a could have worded that better whit a meant was both of them made there decisions far 2 quick!! Just ma opinion......n a still stand by my statement that the top of the game is run by monkeys!! Again just ma opinion thats whit these forum's are here for tae voice oor opinions. Hopefully soon we all get back tae kicking a baw ect as it clear were all missing oor fitba on the saturday getting our boy time away from the wives n girlfriends n a few beers after it in the pub

Edited by Glenmuir loyal

The season, if the Ayrshire AFA proposal is passed, goes down as a 'did not complete' as opposed to 'null and void'.

It's a play with words but they can't use 'null and void' terminology as that could allow clubs to, as examples, request reimbursement of fees or rescind suspensions . 

Realistically, football at a recreational level, will not be played until phase 4 of the ScotGov road map so we are a well away from kicking a baw. I reckon 2021and only if a vaccine is found. 

Edited by Gthedon

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kickbaw said:

With the announcement today it looks like it is possible for outdoor sports to begin middle of July. I wonder now if the safa shall allow training in smaller groups to resume.

Without knowing when the leagues will potentially start back or the leisure centres might open so teams can actually play games going back to training in small groups is utterly pointless. I certainly wouldn't be going back to do a preseason just now when I might not get to kick a ball until 2021.

We need proper guidance and some dates to work towards here. The government announcements are far too vague.

On 24/06/2020 at 15:29, Crazy Feet said:

Without knowing when the leagues will potentially start back or the leisure centres might open so teams can actually play games going back to training in small groups is utterly pointless. I certainly wouldn't be going back to do a preseason just now when I might not get to kick a ball until 2021.

We need proper guidance and some dates to work towards here. The government announcements are far too vague.

My team has a full preseason  planned starting mid July with friendlies proviosnally arranged. Assuming the guidelines dont change, amatuer football should be able to return from 13th of July as it will surely be classed as an organised outdoor contact activity. 

Unless I'm totally missing something, leagues should be starting by Septmeber.

My team has a full preseason  planned starting mid July with friendlies proviosnally arranged. Assuming the guidelines dont change, amatuer football should be able to return from 13th of July as it will surely be classed as an organised outdoor contact activity. 
Unless I'm totally missing something, leagues should be starting by Septmeber.

I’m afraid that yes, you’re totalling missing something. The July 13th date refers to youth football, not amateurs.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-24-june/

“We are pleased that plans are under way to introduce live outdoor events with physical distancing and restricted numbers, potentially as early as July 23. While we appreciate this area is subject to further public health advice, we will nevertheless work with the government to seek clarity on this advice in relation to the August 1 start to the Scottish Premiership season.

We also note the Phase 3 guidance that organised outdoor contact sport can resume for children and young people, potentially from July 13. Again, we will consult with ministers, government advisers and sportscotland to fully understand what this means for the gradual return of grassroots football.”

“live outdoor events with physical distancing and restricted numbers, potentially as early as July 23” does not mean 11 v 11 friendlies, this will probably be a relaxation of the CURRENT guidelines of football with 2 other households, up to a maximum of 8 people with physical distancing.

The Return to Football Hub from the Scottish FA gives you all the info you need.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football-development/return-to-football-hub/

1 minute ago, Graham3179 said:

I’m afraid that yes, you’re totalling missing something. The July 13th date refers to youth football, not amateurs.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-24-june/

“We are pleased that plans are under way to introduce live outdoor events with physical distancing and restricted numbers, potentially as early as July 23. While we appreciate this area is subject to further public health advice, we will nevertheless work with the government to seek clarity on this advice in relation to the August 1 start to the Scottish Premiership season.

We also note the Phase 3 guidance that organised outdoor contact sport can resume for children and young people, potentially from July 13. Again, we will consult with ministers, government advisers and sportscotland to fully understand what this means for the gradual return of grassroots football.”

“live outdoor events with physical distancing and restricted numbers, potentially as early as July 23” does not mean 11 v 11 friendlies, this will probably be a relaxation of the CURRENT guidelines of football with 2 other households, up to a maximum of 8 people with physical distancing.

The Return to Football Hub from the Scottish FA gives you all the info you need.

Fair enough then, certainly a misleading statement plenty teams around here seem to be thinking the same!

Going by some reports there are some teams that are back already. 

Juniors been told training to provisionally resume early August with leagues starting in October. 

You would think Amateurs would be the same, hopefully there is some kind of announcement this week so Clubs no where they stand.

Going by some reports there are some teams that are back already. 
Juniors been told training to provisionally resume early August with leagues starting in October. 
You would think Amateurs would be the same, hopefully there is some kind of announcement this week so Clubs no where they stand.

Like I said, the Return to Football Hub has all the information on it, and updates have been issued by the SAFA and the Leagues. The Scottish Government haven’t announced dates of when we’ll move between phases so any dates past that are just rumour and best guesses.

Aye I agree. Everything moving much quicker than we thought. How can u tell adults they can sit and booze in a beer garden and then inside a pub but they cant exercise as a team with social distancing

Fully expect training second week July but social distancing and no
Changing facilities etc.

To be fair I think the professionals are spending £2000 a week on testing . I'm sure I seen killie say £100 a player per week

Exactly! I don’t see the difference between professional adults full contact training and Amateur adults full contact training?? I see amateur teams returning to training soon.

If you have the means to train with social distancing then what's the issue?

How is adult social distance training with non contact any worse off than youth football with full contact? Surely I've more risk of catching it from my kid if he's been to training than when I've went to a social distancing gathering?

From july 15th Pt's now allowed to arrange outdoor group sessions as long as proper measures in place but you cant do the same with a football? Hows that any different?

Can go for a haircut but can't kick a ball 20 yards away to a teammate... where's the logic in that?

There is talk of punishment for teams caught training, what are the punishments? Personally I've seen amateur and junior teams training already so what's the issue if you're taking the correct measures to ensure everyones safety?

Drive past any astro when the weather is decent and you'll be hard pushed to find an empty space on it with the amount of people playing in these "restricted" times.

Another point, what was the outcome of the Ayrshire leagues debate after clubs suggested changes, when will clubs be notified? Assuming they haven't already or we would have seen the discussions on here [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that almost all of the proposals have been binned by the executive as they dont meet the Scottish amatuer standards/ rules.

If this is true then for me is just embarrassing for the clubs that's put them in and another example that they are just putting propels forward to suit themselves and not all the clubs. Doesn't even sound like they are legal never mind beneficial.

Either way the ayrshire fa really need to stop dragging their heels. Almost every other association at this level have let the clubs know what's happening for the season ahead.

If you have the means to train with social distancing then what's the issue?

How is adult social distance training with non contact any worse off than youth football with full contact? Surely I've more risk of catching it from my kid if he's been to training than when I've went to a social distancing gathering?

From july 15th Pt's now allowed to arrange outdoor group sessions as long as proper measures in place but you cant do the same with a football? Hows that any different?

Can go for a haircut but can't kick a ball 20 yards away to a teammate... where's the logic in that?

There is talk of punishment for teams caught training, what are the punishments? Personally I've seen amateur and junior teams training already so what's the issue if you're taking the correct measures to ensure everyones safety?

Drive past any astro when the weather is decent and you'll be hard pushed to find an empty space on it with the amount of people playing in these "restricted" times.

Another point, what was the outcome of the Ayrshire leagues debate after clubs suggested changes, when will clubs be notified? Assuming they haven't already or we would have seen the discussions on here [emoji23]

I heard that almost all of the proposals have been binned by the executive as they dont meet the Scottish amatuer standards/ rules.

If this is true then for me is just embarrassing for the clubs that's put them in and another example that they are just putting propels forward to suit themselves and not all the clubs. Doesn't even sound like they are legal never mind beneficial.

Either way the ayrshire fa really need to stop dragging their heels. Almost every other association at this level have let the clubs know what's happening for the season ahead.

We have let the clubs know what’s happening for the season ahead, but they were all perfectly entitled to put forward other proposals to be voted for at the AGM.

It’s the clubs that decide what the league structure will be and we can only do that at an AGM, and will only have that meeting when it’s safe to do so.

Personally don't care what the structure is guys for this season, our guys just want to get back training at least. I'm affraid if we carry on any length of time with no training/football then boys will just drift away. Does anyone have any info thats worth passing on,

Fair enough Graham. Surely in this day and age AGMs can be had thru conference calls tho

We have let the clubs know what’s happening for the season ahead, but they were all perfectly entitled to put forward other proposals to be voted for at the AGM.

It’s the clubs that decide what the league structure will be and we can only do that at an AGM, and will only have that meeting when it’s safe to do so.

Has your sponsor not hit a beer garden. Get all the lads around and do sprints to the bar and back. That's will be allowed

Obviously tongue in cheek but shows how mental this all is. Booze as a team all u like. Just dont dare jog as a team

Personally don't care what the structure is guys for this season, our guys just want to get back training at least. I'm affraid if we carry on any length of time with no training/football then boys will just drift away. Does anyone have any info thats worth passing on,