Season over

Thesoccerguy

Constitution changes are always made by the executive committee which in itself is wrong imo.

Why ask for suggestions from clubs to make changes each year only for the committee to decide if they want to put them to a vote or not?

Surely the clubs should vote on any suggested changes at each AGM since they pay a membership fee.

Having an 11 team premier is just a joke tbh. This scenario should have been used as an opportunity to make real changes to the league setup. No reason why you couldn't run 3 leagues instead of 4

An 11 team premier is unconstitutional and should have been put before the general council and not decided by the executive committee imo

Constitution changes are always made by the executive committee which in itself is wrong imo.

Why ask for suggestions from clubs to make changes each year only for the committee to decide if they want to put them to a vote or not?

Surely the clubs should vote on any suggested changes at each AGM since they pay a membership fee.

Having an 11 team premier is just a joke tbh. This scenario should have been used as an opportunity to make real changes to the league setup. No reason why you couldn't run 3 leagues instead of 4

agree, they leagues 2a and 2b must have been decided by and absolute clown. even worse playing in it. Surely this is a decent time to sit and think about a restructure

It's been a few years since iv sat in an AGM but that's exactly what happens. Any rule changes are always voted on by the general council. I dont think any exec can change the rules without the general council voting for it. So I'm assuming that the 11 league premier would be the same.

I agree about the restructuring of the leagues. The 2a and 2b is a farce. That would surely be voted on at the AGM or league formation meeting for next season tho surely. Not at how to finish last season.

Any changes must be put forward to the league by a certain date. The league then decide if it's a viable option and if so then they put it to a vote by the member clubs. That's only if the executive committee deem the change as a reasonable option.

Just because someone suggests a change doesn't automatically mean that it will get put to a vote by the member clubs.

When the restructuring of 2a/2b was brought in, I know some of the suggested league restructuring ideas weren't put to a vote cause the league said it wouldn't work. I think (I could be wrong) that one of those was a 14 team premier but because the premier teams are likely to go further in cups than the lower leagues, it was deemed too many league games to fit into the season

It's been a few years since iv sat in an AGM but that's exactly what happens. Any rule changes are always voted on by the general council. I dont think any exec can change the rules without the general council voting for it. So I'm assuming that the 11 league premier would be the same.

I agree about the restructuring of the leagues. The 2a and 2b is a farce. That would surely be voted on at the AGM or league formation meeting for next season tho surely. Not at how to finish last season.

Ah right sorry I thought u meant the rules were changed without the vote. Well to be fair how many times have we seen thistle or the Lee's finish seasons in wacky June. Adding another 4 games into that would make it ecttremy difficult. The 11 team premier league did shock me when I read it and as the Mauchline boy says, I really hope they find a way to take it to one 2nd divisions. It's a shame on the lower league teams with the way it's set up. That being said, a 20 team division would be near impossible to complete in an Amateur season

Any changes must be put forward to the league by a certain date. The league then decide if it's a viable option and if so then they put it to a vote by the member clubs. That's only if the executive committee deem the change as a reasonable option.

Just because someone suggests a change doesn't automatically mean that it will get put to a vote by the member clubs.

When the restructuring of 2a/2b was brought in, I know some of the suggested league restructuring ideas weren't put to a vote cause the league said it wouldn't work. I think (I could be wrong) that one of those was a 14 team premier but because the premier teams are likely to go further in cups than the lower leagues, it was deemed too many league games to fit into the season

Ah right sorry I thought u meant the rules were changed without the vote. Well to be fair how many times have we seen thistle or the Lee's finish seasons in wacky June. Adding another 4 games into that would make it ecttremy difficult. The 11 team premier league did shock me when I read it and as the Mauchline boy says, I really hope they find a way to take it to one 2nd divisions. It's a shame on the lower league teams with the way it's set up. That being said, a 20 team division would be near impossible to complete in an Amateur season

*Auchinleck boy”[emoji6][emoji23] just annoying. 1 decision from the very top of scottish football should have been made and work its way down from senior, lowland/highland, junior and amateur. Either null and void it or Points Average or whatever else they came up with. The decision let ever league association decide for themselves has been a shambles

1 hour ago, murray1990 said:

*Auchinleck boy”emoji6.pngemoji23.png just annoying. 1 decision from the very top of scottish football should have been made and work its way down from senior, lowland/highland, junior and amateur. Either null and void it or Points Average or whatever else they came up with. The decision let ever league association decide for themselves has been a shambles

Agree.

Knowing how these leagues/committee's work then it's very difficult ! Go on,be brave and do 12/12/10 /10 just for the next season, should be ok to play around 20 games with some cups. Show me a committee who work for the good of the game - not self interests, and I think I'd collapse !  Think things may change when most of the senior schools are back open, see how they work.

5 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Knowing how these leagues/committee's work then it's very difficult ! Go on,be brave and do 12/12/10 /10 just for the next season, should be ok to play around 20 games with some cups. Show me a committee who work for the good of the game - not self interests, and I think I'd collapse !  Think things may change when most of the senior schools are back open, see how they work.

The shambles at senior level is all about self interest because of the financial implications. That comes first before the actual good of the game however I dont see where self interest comes into it with ayrshire committee?? Theres no financial gain involved in how they split the leagues. Their only thought is fixtures by trying to ensure leagues arent finished too early or late. They cant win because they wont ever please everyone. Someone will always have a gripe. People come on here and moan but I have been to my fair share of league formation meetings and no one says a dickie bird. They just patiently wait on the cup draws. The 2a and 2b leagues turned out to be disastrous but I was at that particular meeting and I recall just one person who expressed his views against it and it was unanimously voted in! They ask for input but very rarely have I seen any given. 

The next agm and league formation meetings will be the most important ever and let's see if there's people who will help the committee out with ideas. I wont be holding my breath. They will wait till afterwards and then take to a forum for a swipe at how big a c**t of it they made 

17 hours ago, BingeDrinker said:

The shambles at senior level is all about self interest because of the financial implications. That comes first before the actual good of the game however I dont see where self interest comes into it with ayrshire committee?? Theres no financial gain involved in how they split the leagues. Their only thought is fixtures by trying to ensure leagues arent finished too early or late. They cant win because they wont ever please everyone. Someone will always have a gripe. People come on here and moan but I have been to my fair share of league formation meetings and no one says a dickie bird. They just patiently wait on the cup draws. The 2a and 2b leagues turned out to be disastrous but I was at that particular meeting and I recall just one person who expressed his views against it and it was unanimously voted in! They ask for input but very rarely have I seen any given. 

The next agm and league formation meetings will be the most important ever and let's see if there's people who will help the committee out with ideas. I wont be holding my breath. They will wait till afterwards and then take to a forum for a swipe at how big a c**t of it they made 

You're 100% correct, my comment was a general one based on running a club down here in Bristol.  As you said,plenty of grumbling followed by silence - go on,say it to someone's face, found that the best way !  Haven't seen many amateur games in Scotland yet, will get round to it asap.

if grassroots football has been told it won’t be back till next year, why not restart the leagues in January, give teams the chance of promotion, winning leagues/cups. most teams have roughly 8 games left plus the teams in the cups have a bit more. Start mid Jauary and let the season finish

Surely the safa would have had to make that decision at the start of all this. You surely can't have ayrshire finishing their 19/20 season in 2021 and the rest of Scotland playing the 2020/21 season.

Also even of it was allowed that would be fine for a very small number of teams. What about the vast majority of teams that have nothing to play for and waited almost a year to kick a ball. To be told u can only play your 8 competitive games u have left. Finished for march again then wait another 5 month to re start.

I feel for teams like yourselves, The Lee's, Waverly Irvine and Killie United mate but for me thats a no goer.

if grassroots football has been told it won’t be back till next year, why not restart the leagues in January, give teams the chance of promotion, winning leagues/cups. most teams have roughly 8 games left plus the teams in the cups have a bit more. Start mid Jauary and let the season finish

5 hours ago, murray1990 said:

Correct me if am wrong here murray but did they not null n voud the leagues?? So that idea will niver happen buddy!! Also has grassroot fitba been told it wont be back till nxt year?? Its a fucked up situation like......when will the new 2020/2021 season start back up?? Will it be august as per usaul?? Will it be later?? When will we get the answers tae these questions??

Correct me if am wrong here murray but did they not null n voud the leagues?? So that idea will niver happen buddy!! Also has grassroot fitba been told it wont be back till nxt year?? Its a fucked up situation like......when will the new 2020/2021 season start back up?? Will it be august as per usaul?? Will it be later?? When will we get the answers tae these questions??

yes they did null and void them but also on the statement said if any teams had an alternative or any other option they would have a deadline to make them heard. so who knows maybe a few teams have came forward with a few different ways of ending or finishing the season and other teams agree

If leagues aren’t back up and running until January could possibly split each league into 2 sections. Split evenly on league positions from previous years. Play each team in section once. Top four teams(two from each section) play off to decide league winner. Could do that in all leagues. Could possibly do it down the whole league to determine final standings. 

10 hours ago, murray1990 said:

yes they did null and void them but also on the statement said if any teams had an alternative or any other option they would have a deadline to make them heard. so who knows maybe a few teams have came forward with a few different ways of ending or finishing the season and other teams agree

That would be the idea scenario muzza n get all the leagues finished. They made the decision tae null n void the leagues far 2 quick in ma eyes same with the spfl aswell.......the top of the games run by monkeys up here in scotland!!!