Season over

Thesoccerguy

Unless they rewrite the ayrshire constitution so the premier only has 11 teams next season, they'll need to find a fair way of filling the empty slot vacated by mossblown.

You have 3 teams in the first division whom all were currently unbeaten and still had to play each other once until lockdown kicked in.

Good luck sorting that out but I'm surprised nothing has been communicated to the AAFA member clubs considering they've not kicked a ball since March.

I reckon Suspensions/ fines  will still stand
In my opinion the problem with null and void is you can't move a team up,if a team in a higher Division folds / leaves [ unless you draw the team from the lower division out a hat ]

Would seem like the fair option for the teams at the top of the 1st division although I think it was mentioned a couple of years back that 14 teams in the one division was too much.

Would like to see it happen tho and make 3 leagues in ayrshire instead of 4

Crosshouse , Irvine and west Kilbride all to be promoted into the premier making it a 14 team Premier and rest of league to be reconstructed , 

Would this be based on this season's top 3 in the first or last seasons 4th5th6th placed finish in the first, as it would make a difference as to who replaced then from league 2a and 2b.

Crosshouse , Irvine and west Kilbride all to be promoted into the premier making it a 14 team Premier and rest of league to be reconstructed , 

5 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Im hearing that the Central Scottish are going to finish the season whenever we get back to playing? Also going to 2 Divisions.

Do they know something the rest of us don’t with regards to getting back playing? I’ve also noticed St Pats have lost 3 players to Drumchapel WOSL. Not sure if other teams have lost players but I just find it hard to see how it can be classed as the same season. 

We should have used this to make wholesale changes to the amateur game to try and save it.

Why not just look to finish the season whenever it's safe to return? Then look to move to Summer Football next March. Bring the game in line with the Over 35s season.

Make kick off times/days more flexible etc. 

The game is dying in its current format as it is. So why not look to make radical changes? We have nothing to lose.

Crazy feet , I think this a valid shout.

We're potentially faced with a situation of no football this year or at best nearer the end of the year. If we dont get the go ahead until say into winter time, how are u going to start a season then?

I think the Central league were right not to rush into any decision until they have more info from the SAFA.

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Crazy feet , I think this a valid shout.

We're potentially faced with a situation of no football this year or at best nearer the end of the year. If we dont get the go ahead until say into winter time, how are u going to start a season then?

I think the Central league were right not to rush into any decision until they have more info from the SAFA.

Agreed.

I think if you were to do a survey of players within the amateur game (even managers etc as well) there would be an overwhelming majority for switching the season to say Mar - Nov. 

I get that there's the issue of the council parks being closed during the summer but councils will need to start looking at their revenue streams after this is all over and look to bring in as much money as they can. You are going to see a lot of changes to the way people work after this as well, with more split shifts/flexible working hours etc.

It would need SAFA and council to buy into it but the positives far outweigh the negatives imo.

Edited by Crazy Feet

Put your proposal into the Scottish AGM to change all amateur football to mar to Nov and see what response you get. If that doesn’t work there is nothing stopping you forming a summer league as current rules permit it so go for it See how many clubs you get and you never know it may result in a load of the prominent clubs wanting to join. However I doubt it

St Pat's have lost their 3 best players to Drumchapel WOS team. If the season does resume (unlikely) are these guys allowed to play? If the majors get finished as a minimum can these guys play in the West semi? I would assume not so doesnt seem like it would be the same season.

St Pat's have lost their 3 best players to Drumchapel WOS team. If the season does resume (unlikely) are these guys allowed to play? If the majors get finished as a minimum can these guys play in the West semi? I would assume not so doesnt seem like it would be the same season.

One of the reasons I think people need to just let last season go. It was explsined to me that if they play cup games you csnt play new players who played for another team last season snd you cant pkay players who have moved on, signed with other teams. Bit of a farce tbh. I get its a dissapointment to have reached a semi final.

So the SFA and the SJFA look like they have both disgraced themselves with hiw to compete the season. No wonder the SAFA have dodged the bullet and left it to individual associations to decide for themselves.

Or shirked responsibility. Better a boss that can make a decision, even when sometimes wrong, than one that cant make a decision.