Season over

Thesoccerguy

On 25/04/2020 at 19:48, tug said:

How can you play Scottish / West  cup with potential different players if this is what I’m reading right ?

You cannot change the rules of a competition at latter stages , there is no chance of cups getting played in timelines set within SAFA guidelines so amateur football need to  do the right thing and void the competitions.

Firstly we only want to play these games, if everyone involved is safe, and the Covid19 isn't a factor, let me make it clear that peoples lives come first.                             I am obviously bias, but if we can get the two semis, and final played some time in June, July, it would only take a week to do it. Two semis one weekend and the final the following. Obviously with the same players that were signed this season. I think you will find that the other teams in the semis would probably agree. Anyone on here would want to play these games if it was safe and their team were involved, as they are the biggest games of the season, it is the CL of our Amateur football.

Next I am just fishing here, and looking for opinions. We have two players suspended for the semi, and one of them is now, because the rest of our season ending, suspended for both big games, He has a two match ban for 5 yellow accumulations, and a sending off for two yellows in his last match. They both could have had their bans up if there were other cup and league games to play, none of them were for violent conduct. Personally, I think they need to change this rule, to allow players who if we are honest, might only get one chance in a lifetime to play in these games. The yellow cards picked up in the Champions League, and World Cup, from the start of the group stages are wiped out after the quarter-finals were completed. This is done to give all players a clean slate going into the semi-finals. The rules were altered in order to give players the best possible chance of playing in the finals.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I would like the SAFA should adapt this, so players can play in these games, the players could serve their bans at the start of the next season, or the next game they play. We had a player who got banned from the final two years ago for just that, 5 yellows in about 50 games previous to the final that season, I really felt for the boy, it was terrible. I think they should do the same, in the Scottish, and maybe the regional cups as well, then everyone is equal from the semi, and it gives players a chance to play in these big games, with all 4 teams at full strength. It makes for better games, and If a player gets justifiably sent off in the semi, no one could complain, as they would deserve banned for the final.

I am just interested on peoples thoughts on this, and what players and managers think, no abuse please, I've got a bus pass now.

Edited by Cunny

11 hours ago, Cunny said:

Firstly we only want to play these games, if everyone involved is safe, and the Covid19 isn't a factor, let me make it clear that peoples lives come first.                             I am obviously bias, but if we can get the two semis, and final played some time in June, July, it would only take a week to do it. Two semis one weekend and the final the following. Obviously with the same players that were signed this season. I think you will find that the other teams in the semis would probably agree. Anyone on here would want to play these games if it was safe and their team were involved, as they are the biggest games of the season, it is the CL of our Amateur football.

Next I am just fishing here, and looking for opinions. We have two players suspended for the semi, and one of them is now, because the rest of our season ending, suspended for both big games, He has a two match ban for 5 yellow accumulations, and a sending off for two yellows in his last match. They both could have had their bans up if there were other cup and league games to play, none of them were for violent conduct. Personally, I think they need to change this rule, to allow players who if we are honest, might only get one chance in a lifetime to play in these games. The yellow cards picked up in the Champions League, and World Cup, from the start of the group stages are wiped out after the quarter-finals were completed. This is done to give all players a clean slate going into the semi-finals. The rules were altered in order to give players the best possible chance of playing in the finals.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I would like the SAFA should adapt this, so players can play in these games, the players could serve their bans at the start of the next season, or the next game they play. We had a player who got banned from the final two years ago for just that, 5 yellows in about 50 games previous to the final that season, I really felt for the boy, it was terrible. I think they should do the same, in the Scottish, and maybe the regional cups as well, then everyone is equal from the semi, and it gives players a chance to play in these big games, with all 4 teams at full strength. It makes for better games, and If a player gets justifiably sent off in the semi, no one could complain, as they would deserve banned for the final.

I am just interested on peoples thoughts on this, and what players and managers think, no abuse please, I've got a bus pass now.

I think your spot on cunny it’s a shame as u say a once  in a lifetime game for most players but don’t hold your breath on the blazers seeing it that way.what I would say is if your sent off in the semi final for violent conduct or something then tough shit deal with it

I think u are correct and should be changed. I'm sure clubs can put suggestions forward to change rules like this. Did u do it after Roggy was suspended 2 years ago? Also want Roggy 10 bookings?

5 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I think u are correct and should be changed. I'm sure clubs can put suggestions forward to change rules like this. Did u do it after Roggy was suspended 2 years ago? Also want Roggy 10 bookings?

I couldn't tell you, or I would be telling you lies, you could be right, it could have been his second group of 5 yellows, but at the end of the day that would have been a yellow card, every 5 games. That isn't bad return for a player who is as committed on the park as Roagie. I just think it is harsh and wrong for a player to miss a game like that, after giving his soul all season. I just think it is wrong in every way, and needs looked at and updated. You want the best 11 v the best 11 in these games, no excuses, both teams at full strength, and hopefully without injuries. It makes it a better spectacle for everyone involved. 

Again Cunny I do agree. It was a great day for the club and the community and it was a shame to see that he couldn't play. Clubs are the ones that need to try and force these rule changes through tho. Although something as big as that change is likely needing to come all the way from the Big boys at the SFA. Personally I'd make it Finals only tho. Start with semi finals and next thing people will be wanting title deciders treated the same way. Who is it that's suspended mate or would u rather not say

I couldn't tell you, or I would be telling you lies, you could be right, it could have been his second group of 5 yellows, but at the end of the day that would have been a yellow card, every 5 games. That isn't bad return for a player who is as committed on the park as Roagie. I just think it is harsh and wrong for a player to miss a game like that, after giving his soul all season. I just think it is wrong in every way, and needs looked at and updated. You want the best 11 v the best 11 in these games, no excuses, both teams at full strength, and hopefully without injuries. It makes it a better spectacle for everyone involved. 

I think the biggest issue with rule changes (I could be totally wrong here) but my understanding is clubs need to submit any rule changes before a certain date. The committee then decide if they want to put these forward to the AGM to be voted on.

Again I might be totally wrong but if thats the case then it needs changing in itself. I know there are certain guidelines that need to be adhered to for compliance with the SAFA but I dont really see a point in proposing rule changes if it's up to the league association if they get voted on at the agm.

The process should be (in my opinion) that if a club proposes a rule change and it complies with the SAFA regulations, then it should go straight to a vote by the member clubs at the AGM.

The worst rule in AAFA is suspensions carrying over to the following season for yellow cards. You've a player played all season and he gets his 5th yellow final day of the season so misses the first game of next season but is allowed to play the full of preseason including any tournaments? Thats very wrong imo. If it was for violent conduct then fair enough

3 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Again Cunny I do agree. It was a great day for the club and the community and it was a shame to see that he couldn't play. Clubs are the ones that need to try and force these rule changes through tho. Although something as big as that change is likely needing to come all the way from the Big boys at the SFA. Personally I'd make it Finals only tho. Start with semi finals and next thing people will be wanting title deciders treated the same way. Who is it that's suspended mate or would u rather not say

Ritchie Mullen 

Does a suspension carry over to following session for bookings in seniors football ?

I think the biggest issue with rule changes (I could be totally wrong here) but my understanding is clubs need to submit any rule changes before a certain date. The committee then decide if they want to put these forward to the AGM to be voted on.

Again I might be totally wrong but if thats the case then it needs changing in itself. I know there are certain guidelines that need to be adhered to for compliance with the SAFA but I dont really see a point in proposing rule changes if it's up to the league association if they get voted on at the agm.

The process should be (in my opinion) that if a club proposes a rule change and it complies with the SAFA regulations, then it should go straight to a vote by the member clubs at the AGM.

The worst rule in AAFA is suspensions carrying over to the following season for yellow cards. You've a player played all season and he gets his 5th yellow final day of the season so misses the first game of next season but is allowed to play the full of preseason including any tournaments? Thats very wrong imo. If it was for violent conduct then fair enough

3 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Does a suspension carry over to following session for bookings in seniors football ?

I'm sure morelos got an extra game ban this season for picking up X amount of bookings in one of the domestic cups  last season 

On 02/05/2020 at 22:05, BRACKI JNR HTTID said:

A few big signings on the horizon, Reid fisher from new farm being one 

His name has been flung about at more clubs than just thistle these past few weeks. The first signing thistle will make from new farm will be their manager. From what I hear the majority of new farm are joining up with big denim at Galston 

6 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

His name has been flung about at more clubs than just thistle these past few weeks. The first signing thistle will make from new farm will be their manager. From what I hear the majority of new farm are joining up with big denim at Galston 

Aye stevie wonder kin see the managers et thistle are done. Players canny stick em. Big hings happenin at gawston fur new season whenever that wull be 

Who's heading to Galston for next season? Given they might be playing in one of the bottom divisions

Aye stevie wonder kin see the managers et thistle are done. Players canny stick em. Big hings happenin at gawston fur new season whenever that wull be