Season over

Thesoccerguy

There is one place in the premier to be filled due to mossblown folding.

Good luck trying to decide who gets that spot because you've currently got 3 teams in the first division that are undefeated and all still have to play each other once

Quote from the AAFA email

The sub-committee and Executive committee will continue to meet in the coming weeks and months to discuss the different options to conclude the leagues for the 19/20 season, and what the 20/21 season could look like

Promotion and relegation etc still to be confirmed is what I take from that ???

If they Do Null and void this season then surely they just have to just go with 11 next season no?? Or promote 3rd from the last completed season

There is one place in the premier to be filled due to mossblown folding.

Good luck trying to decide who gets that spot because you've currently got 3 teams in the first division that are undefeated and all still have to play each other once

AAFA have declared season over as in no more games played BUT reading the e mail it’s still undecided on Champions, relegation, play offs etc.Guidance being taken in next few weeks by SAFA n other associations??

have read it a few times n (May be wrong) but looks that way

If they dont change the constitution for the premier then I think they would need to promote 2 and relegate 1 so it gets the 12 numbered required.

Would be shit on the team that would be relegated but would also be shit on the teams not getting a chance to go up from the 1st.

In reality I dont think there is a fair way to do it that will suit everyone but a couple of thoughts I had would be:

If season is null void

Does that mean all suspensions for this current season are finished and dont carry over?

Would their be a reduction in fees for the 2020-21 season due to a lot of teams not played half their fixtures?

I don't envy the committee having to come to the conclusions but after seeing the way the SJFA went about their business last night, if the AAFA did the same then I think it would be a farce.

My only thought behind the juniors doing what they did is because it doesn't matter going forward as the juniors league is now finished so teams move over to the new west league setup.

If they Do Null and void this season then surely they just have to just go with 11 next season no?? Or promote 3rd from the last completed season

It might actually present an opportunity for a full restructure of the leagues and imo I dont think that would be a bad thing.

Look at the current situation in leagues 2A & 2B. Having less than 10 teams in a league and the possibility of adding in a cup just to generate more fixtures so teams dont finish in february, it's hardly an ideal situation to be in.

Maybe in some strange way it might workout for the best and the AAFA can make 3 divisions and make it more enjoyable for all teams involved and more competitive.

Even with reconstruction tho. If they did not Declare league winners who would take the premier league place. Yeah if they declare winners its straight forward

It might actually present an opportunity for a full restructure of the leagues and imo I dont think that would be a bad thing.

Look at the current situation in leagues 2A & 2B. Having less than 10 teams in a league and the possibility of adding in a cup just to generate more fixtures so teams dont finish in february, it's hardly an ideal situation to be in.

Maybe in some strange way it might workout for the best and the AAFA can make 3 divisions and make it more enjoyable for all teams involved and more competitive.

So if leagues are going null and void you then have boys moving on to new teams for the new season how can you possibly play out the Scottish and west . All leagues must come to the same conclusion in these difficult times 

47 minutes ago, Amofan1 said:

So if leagues are going null and void you then have boys moving on to new teams for the new season how can you possibly play out the Scottish and west . All leagues must come to the same conclusion in these difficult times 

Whether boys r gonna move on or no shouldnt make a difference tbh. Clubs are at the latter stages of these national cups so they should atleast try and complete them and at worst get something from the season imo.

Agreed. Its a stupid situation where leagues may null and void a season (which most seem to be doing,) and players move clubs. Then they start playing the Scottish Cup etc with different players. A decision should be made by the SAFA that all leagues follow so that its done the same across yhe board.

3 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Agreed. Its a stupid situation where leagues may null and void a season (which most seem to be doing,) and players move clubs. Then they start playing the Scottish Cup etc with different players. A decision should be made by the SAFA that all leagues follow so that its done the same across yhe board.

Totally agree safa should be taking the bull by the horns and saying all leagues null and void . Think only central Scottish and Stirling are still trying to finish seasons come on boys wake up and smell the coffee 

15 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

I do not often agree with you "Amateur Footie Fan" but your are right on this...……….. wonder why they did not 

On 24/04/2020 at 12:11, auld yin wae knowledge said:

I do not often agree with you "Amateur Footie Fan" but your are right on this...……….. wonder why they did not 

How can you play Scottish / West  cup with potential different players if this is what I’m reading right ?

You cannot change the rules of a competition at latter stages , there is no chance of cups getting played in timelines set within SAFA guidelines so amateur football need to  do the right thing and void the competitions.