Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GNU_Linux

Goalies: your team's best & worst

Recommended Posts

Nabbed from the SPFL sub-forums. Rate yer teams goalies down the years from auld reliables to butter hands bombscares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

 

Nabbed from the SPFL sub-forums. Rate yer teams goalies down the years from auld reliables to butter hands bombscares.

 

Camelon generally always had decent keepers alan banner, david irvine,ronnie mcpherson, jc hutchison Myles hogarth was good until his final season seemed to have a few clangers the one going through his legs against the rose, dean shaw. David kane was good but seemed to go through a spell of dropping things just at the end.

Chic clark was a good goalie if he could turn up. Let us down twice once at fauldhouse then for a home game at xmas against linlithgow rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2020 at 09:25, AlanCamelonfan said:

Camelon generally always had decent keepers alan banner, david irvine,ronnie mcpherson, jc hutchison Myles hogarth was good until his final season seemed to have a few clangers the one going through his legs against the rose, dean shaw. David kane was good but seemed to go through a spell of dropping things just at the end.

Chic clark was a good goalie if he could turn up. Let us down twice once at fauldhouse then for a home game at xmas against linlithgow rose

I remember Chic as being decent when he joined us.  He was our 4th keeper to play that season and it was only the start of October!  He played in the infamous Blantyre Junior Cup penalty farce.

Andy Murphy succeeded him and has been, for the most part, top drawer.  Prone to occasional lapses but against that has saved so many points on his own.  We also got the best out of Scott Christie.

Also, one 'keeper with a 100% shutout rate deserves a mention...…..Robert Sloan 👏😀

Poorest?  Lucas Birstingl anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been lucky.

Rab Shieds was fantastic for us when I was younger.

Ronnie McPherson was a great, huge part of the team that beat Bo'ness in a final over at Broxburn, performance in the final and penalties alone was brilliant.

Ali Adams was a fantastic keeper for us but going back for him when he couldn't settle elsewhere cost us two great keepers in Kieron Renton and Dale Cornet who were fantastic but rightly went elsewhere for game time.

Throw Scott Cantley in there as well and current No 1 Bobo is shaping up nicely as well.

Christ even Kenny Malcolm when called upon.

Edited by RobM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Also, one 'keeper with a 100% shutout rate deserves a mention...…..Robert Sloan 
Poorest?  Lucas Birstingl anyone?


BU midfield maestro Robert Sloan was almost the smallest player in the squad but he stepped out as goalie in our trip to Sauchie when our only fit goalie Connor Wallace (now no [email protected] Broxburn) failed to turn up at the match because someone shouted at him at training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2020 at 17:53, RobM said:

We've been lucky.

Rab Shieds was fantastic for us when I was younger.

Ronnie McPherson was a great, huge part of the team that beat Bo'ness in a final over at Broxburn, performance in the final and penalties alone was brilliant.

Ali Adams was a fantastic keeper for us but going back for him when he couldn't settle elsewhere cost us two great keepers in Kieron Renton and Dale Cornet who were fantastic but rightly went elsewhere for game time.

Throw Scott Cantley in there as well and current No 1 Bobo is shaping up nicely as well.

Christ even Kenny Malcolm when called upon.

Kieron gets my vote as best keeper in my 18 years at Burgh, just ahead of Ronnie. Like(d) Dale in both his spells at Burgh. Couldn’t believe he was let go last time around. Last part of the season just ended, Paul showed his class in a number of matches! 

Edited by Casey Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I remember Chic as being decent when he joined us.  He was our 4th keeper to play that season and it was only the start of October!  He played in the infamous Blantyre Junior Cup penalty farce.
Andy Murphy succeeded him and has been, for the most part, top drawer.  Prone to occasional lapses but against that has saved so many points on his own.  We also got the best out of Scott Christie.
Also, one 'keeper with a 100% shutout rate deserves a mention...…..Robert Sloan 
Poorest?  Lucas Birstingl anyone?
Lack of praise here for big Scott "Rhino" Richie, that penalty shoot out at Dalkeith certainly shut up a lot of doubters ourselves included!

Wil never forgive Mark Peat for some of the clangers he had, none more so than the Arbroath game in the Scottish Cup when he was standing in direct sunlight cupping his eyes while a shot came in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...