Goalies the best & the worst

5 minutes ago, andy25 said:

I remember Derek McCulloch saving a few penalties in penalty shoot out at Beith.

I think you could be right M8 but I'll take your word for it as the old memory aint too good.  However when you watch the clips of David Gormley's penalty save his feet didn't move off the six yard line. HaHa

Best for Talbot were Stuart McIntosh and Andy Leishman

Because they were so good and were/are long serving there has been a string of backups who haven't played much if at all so it unfair to judge them but the worst who played a reasonable amount of games were Eric Philips and Scott Black

15 hours ago, Town Crier said:

hard one this for the Town

Stevie Hutchison

Bryn Halliwell

Gary (Brandy)Keenan

Garry Whyte/Current Number 1 Danny McLean

not naming a worst as theres been a few..

Bryn Halliwell was a brilliant keeper. Mind watching him up at Ross County playing for Clyde (I think) and he was solid. County could still be playing now and not beat him

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Bryn Halliwell was a brilliant keeper. Mind watching him up at Ross County playing for Clyde (I think) and he was solid. County could still be playing now and not beat him

Seen him a few times in action for Clyde when watching my cousin and was always impressed...a very big presence on the park and a great guy off it...would have loved to have seen him at the Town for longer but work commitments ended a career well short ...could still be playing just now...

29 minutes ago, Town Crier said:

Seen him a few times in action for Clyde when watching my cousin and was always impressed...a very big presence on the park and a great guy off it...would have loved to have seen him at the Town for longer but work commitments ended a career well short ...could still be playing just now...

Loved Bryn Halliwell at us. Everything you said he is. Don't get me wrong capable of the odd howler but what goalie isn't. Who is your cousin out of interest?

6 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Loved Bryn Halliwell at us. Everything you said he is. Don't get me wrong capable of the odd howler but what goalie isn't. Who is your cousin out of interest?

Darren Murray....Full-back signed in the exodus from Maryhill

Gareth Hallford our current keeper ( I hope! ) is the best keeper we have had in the 15 years I have followed Lanark.  

We've had one or two not so good, who didn't last too long, fortunately but, I won't be naming any.

I think the Talbot have been blessed with good keepers over the years. In 50 years of watching them I couldn't pick a favourite, however big Andy is a class act just now. We even had outfield players who were not bad in nets. Bert Ferguson, David Gormley (Penalty save against Hurlford was something else.)
Ally Wilson was good aswell

On 24/04/2020 at 10:49, beith19 said:

Keith Ross

Derek Atkins

Stephen Grindlay

John Wight

Adam Strain

Stephen O'Neill

Robert Hamilton

Kris Robertson

Iain Wilson

Brian Hewitt

Robert Tiropolous

Andy Thomson

Kevin Montgomery

Excellent effort apart from Adam Strain and Kris Robertson  need to swap positions with each other in my opinion  What manager did Tiropolous  play under?

Going back a good few years with some of these and sure to miss some good ones,

Billy Bentley , Ian Porter, Terry Dyer, Tony Bryden, Big “JC” John Connolly , Graeme Potter , Kevin Budinaukis , Ally Semple and Kieran Hughes looks as if he will be a good signing as well ( if I have missed your favourite, apologies , just a few fro memory )

Not picking a “bad” keeper as they all try their best and unfair to single guys out