Good: Alan Mackintosh. Babsy had the great knack of saving penalties and was with the club as player and coach for 20 years so is a legend.

Mike Armitt: Played in the East of Scotland winning side and displaced Babsy.

Andrew Stobie: If he hadn't suffered from the yips he might still have been playing league football with us. 

Calum Antell: Prone to the odd moist moment but had actually looked better before being injured at the start of the season.

We've also had 7 keepers this season: Adamson-okay, McAdams- decent, Rae-decent, Martin- ok, Mason-decent.

Others:

In the early years we had various Saturday amateur keepers as back ups to Mackintosh. Out of Graeme Miller, Smith and Keith Love, Love was probably the best.

Paul Roseburgh was decent with the youth team, was lured by the Spartans dollar, came back and disappeared.

Ian Johnston was a good stopgap as were Peter Tomassi and Chris Flockhart who'd all had good East of Scotland careers 

Gregor Amos was perhaps a little short but was a hero in the League play-off matches. The Greg Logan of City?

Stevie Vannet was a step up from the Saturday ams keepers but made too many mistakes. Infamously was sub goalie during a game when Alan Mackintosh was sent off, wasn't ready to come on, and a seething Tam Steven put centre half Ross MacNamara between the sticks instead.

Ross MacNamara: usually centre half. Better than Vannet....

It's also worth mentioning a guy who guested for Easthouses Lily. He usually played 5 a side on a Saturday morning at Portobello and weighed at least 20 stone. He had to play in his own goalie top, a replica Hibs goalie top with his name on the back "Stovies". Stovies actually played quite well and was only beaten by a low 20 yard drive into the bottom corner which he was never going to get to.

For the Albion we have had a number of good goalies over the years from the likes of George Young , Mark McGeown Chris Smith. to name a few that I can remember. 

The worst and I can only speak for recent memory a certain Mark Foden. Came on loan from Ross County and played in the Scottish Cup Tie against Lothian Thistle Huchinson Vale at Forthbank and helped to inspire one of the worst results in the Albions history by getting beat 5-3. Think if my  memory is correct. at blame for at least 2 of the goals, not helped by a dodgy defence  at the back. 

6 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Then you have Michael Andrews....

And Craig Wight and Ryan Goodfellow. All three only needed a couple of games for you to see how bad they were.

I wonder whatever happened to Joe McGovern. Looks like a decent player before his injury.

We've been really fortunate. Muir, Parry and Crawford all outstanding for Queen's. Lucas Birnstingl was less outstanding. 

Lucas might be the only player in Scotland to have ever fled the country after a 'mare of a performance. Seemingly his shiteness wasn't restricted to Queen's

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-spfl-curious-case-4543222

Edited by GNU_Linux

44 minutes ago, an86 said:

We've been really fortunate. Muir, Parry and Crawford all outstanding for Queen's. Lucas Birnstingl was less outstanding. 

Stevie Ross and Mick Monaghan were good keepers as well. Birnstingle is the poorest I've seen, giving away daft penalties, conceding goals from the half way line, there was no beginning to his talents.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

We've been lucky over the years and had some good keepers: David Hay, Thomas Flynn, Jamie Sneddon, David McGurn.

Then you have Michael Andrews....

Ray Allan has been mentioned elsewhere- first keeper I can remember playing for Cowden and wasn't too bad 

For the Albion we have had a number of good goalies over the years from the likes of George Young , Mark McGeown Chris Smith. to name a few that I can remember. 
The worst and I can only speak for recent memory a certain Mark Foden. Came on loan from Ross County and played in the Scottish Cup Tie against Lothian Thistle Huchinson Vale at Forthbank and helped to inspire one of the worst results in the Albions history by getting beat 5-3. Think if my  memory is correct. at blame for at least 2 of the goals, not helped by a dodgy defence  at the back. 

Would have to pretty much agree with this but would also like to throw Callum Ferrie into the mix. The lad was on loan from Dundee last season and looked like he was on his way to establishing himself as a good Championship Goalkeeper, pretty disappointing to see him not being given a chance at Dundee over the course of last season, but he was certainly too drawer for us. Had it not been for unhurt, I was pretty impressed with Blair Currie this season as well, looking forward to seeing more of him when he is back fit.

Mark Foden was horrendous, even as a L3 Goalkeeping Coach I could pick the faults in his game from a mile away, so I’m stunned he was even playing at the level he did or that people with a good track record in the game actually thought he was worth of a chance. Callum Reidford was also pretty bobbins, as was Greig Paterson but the Defence they had in front of them didn’t help and exposed each of their weaknesses.

17 hours ago, an86 said:

Obviously all you young guys will be talking about recent goalies and as a QP fan I agree with the above but I am old enough to remember Ronnie Simpson,Bobby Brown,Bobby Clark and Jimmy Cruikshank playing for QP and they all went on to play for Scotland.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Would have to pretty much agree with this but would also like to throw Callum Ferrie into the mix. The lad was on loan from Dundee last season and looked like he was on his way to establishing himself as a good Championship Goalkeeper, pretty disappointing to see him not being given a chance at Dundee over the course of last season, but he was certainly too drawer for us. Had it not been for unhurt, I was pretty impressed with Blair Currie this season as well, looking forward to seeing more of him when he is back fit.

Mark Foden was horrendous, even as a L3 Goalkeeping Coach I could pick the faults in his game from a mile away, so I’m stunned he was even playing at the level he did or that people with a good track record in the game actually thought he was worth of a chance. Callum Reidford was also pretty bobbins, as was Greig Paterson but the Defence they had in front of them didn’t help and exposed each of their weaknesses.

Yes go along with Callum Ferrie as well plus another one springs to mind David Crawford played for us then went to Arbroath, suffered  a serious injury that kept him out for a while, last thing I heard about him he was a goalkeeping coach at Clyde don't know if he is still their.  

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

Yes go along with Callum Ferrie as well plus another one springs to mind David Crawford played for us then went to Arbroath, suffered  a serious injury that kept him out for a while, last thing I heard about him he was a goalkeeping coach at Clyde don't know if he is still their.  

He signed with us last season but only played a few times for the reserves, released shortly after Mark Roberts was bagged.

3 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Davie Lawtie was first good goalie I mind, Alan Main, Nicky Walker, Zander Clark, probably best I remember was Craig Hinchcliffe. Less distinguished was Andy Goram in his handful of games!

I bet he "filled" the goals by then!

We seem to have done ok with keepers over the years at Galabank.  Alex Mitchell has obviously been the main stay but there has been others who have been decent - Blair Currie, Jordan Hart, Big Craig Summersgill all spring to mind.

This season has been poor though, used five goalies up until the shutdown. Strangest sight was seeing Chris Smith squeezed into a lycra top. Half the crowd thought he had been drafted in from the Monday night Darts team with the other half just thought he was the bus driver! To be fair he did alright for us even if not fit.

Back in our SoS/ EoS days we had some real characters between the sticks. Chris Walker and Speedy Clarke were always good for a crack. The late Graham Potter could have went on to a higher level too.