Best and Worst Goalies in your teams - ever

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

Colin Meldrum was far far better than Chad Harper, Craig Samson, Damien Rascale...

Best penalty saver I've seen at Rugby Park.

I know I reckoned Ferguson would have to be Killie's best, but Lekovic is my all time favourite.  What a character, liable to have a brain fart at any minute, but he made some astonishing saves.

Best would be Campbell Money with Billy Thomson very close behind. Hladky could be up thereabouts too, but I suspect he may have played his last game for us.

Worst would be a very tight call between Derek Scrimgeour and wee Les Fridge (who couldn't reach the halfway line with a kick-out from his hands and a gale blowing behind him).

51 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Used to hear it claimed that Frank Swift played for Hamilton Accies as a guest player during WWII so he would probably be the best. Think there was a goalie called McLean who threw the ball into his own net in the early 70s who might be up there for the worst.

Great trivia about Frank Swift mate. Thanks for sharing.

7C59D180-A896-4A47-BE19-E5208016E059.png

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

Best penalty saver I've seen at Rugby Park.

I know I reckoned Ferguson would have to be Killie's best, but Lekovic is my all time favourite.  What a character, liable to have a brain fart at any minute, but he made some astonishing saves.

Lekovic was a favourite of mine as a kid. 

On 18/04/2020 at 13:17, sergie's no1 fan said:

Kris Robertson was pretty bad. Remember when he was touted in the press for a move to Celtic? emoji23.png. Was his dad not his agent?

He did end up at Celtic at one point as he seemingly claimed if he hadn't chosen to leave it would have been him, not David Marshall, who came on against Barcelona. I seem to remember he ended up at Queen of the South and Ricky Gillies scored a Ronaldinho-esque fluke free-kick against him.

Back in the day, his dad came on MSN Messenger to have a go at me for slagging his son off on the forums. Fair enough - except he then claimed if the club had listened to him we'd have been able to get guys like Carlton Cole and Leon Knight on loan 🤣

On 18/04/2020 at 19:47, paul wright scores said:

He played for Arthurlie for a while and was an excellent keeper at that level

Think he then moved onto Pollok.

He did, I remember seeing him when I was covering St Cuthbert Wanderers against Pollok in one of the first games for the juniors in the Scottish Cup. Pollok cruised it apart from a couple of utter Robertson calamities that took me back to early 1990s Love Street.

Best goalie for us would be penalty king Campbell Money or Hladky, although the campaign the Saints fans rigged to get Ludo named goalie of the year in 2000 was amusing. Samson gets a mention for winning two trophies.

Worst would be Scrimgour. At least we only had to watch guys like Cornell and Ridgers for relatively short periods of time. Tony Fitzpatrick subjected us to half a season of Scrimgour (a sackable offence in itself) and we had more in the Millennium Champions season when Ludo got injured. What really seals it is the season after when Scrimgour actually got subbed for being shite, then left the game early in a huff.

Best i've seen at Livi would be Alexander, the confidence he gave that backline in his second stint with us was fantastic. Commanded his area and communicated well.

Worst is a harder choice as we've had some real duffers but Ludo Roy would have to take it for the goal he let in (put in using his chin).

On 18/04/2020 at 18:02, The_Kincardine said:

We've had some stinkers but I think Stewart Kennedy has to take the prize here with 'that' display at Wembley undoing all the good performances he'd put in that season.

To date, apart from the stadium tour, that is my only visit to Wembley. He didn’t spoil my weekend, but he certainly didn’t help.

On 19/04/2020 at 04:40, Raidernation said:

Fortunate to have seen the best live
Ernie McGarr, Bobby Clark, Jim Leighton, Theo Snelders.

Worst live
Warner(? On loan, let in 5 in an end of season game v Hearts)
Robbie Winters

Brian Irvine was surprisingly ok

Ernie McGarr was part of the team in my pre-teens but I never actually saw him play for Aberdeen. For the relatively short time that he was in the first team, it was pretty sensational that he was capped.

On 18/04/2020 at 16:26, tree house tam said:

Is that 5 past theo?

What is it with Saints fans fixation with Aberdeen? I doubt that I could remember any previous Perth keepers from their history, or even their present keeper. But if it gets you through the day, knock yourself out.

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What is it with Saints fans fixation with Aberdeen? I doubt that I could remember any previous Perth keepers from their history, or even their present keeper. But if it gets you through the day, knock yourself out.

The guy I was replying to obviously knew exactly what I was on about as his reply showed. You replying with the shite above tells us more about you than anything else, have a nice day you self centred insular weirdo.

19 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The guy I was replying to obviously knew exactly what I was on about as his reply showed. You replying with the shite above tells us more about you than anything else, have a nice day you self centred insular weirdo.

That’s probably the nicest thing that anybody’s ever said about me. Shucks.

23 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I also knew exactly what you were on about and was in the front row behind the goal that day. And I also remember the stories about the supposed fight on the bus on the way to the match. Doesn’t really stop the fact about the Saints fixation with Aberdeen though, does it? 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I also knew exactly what you were on about and was in the front row behind the goal that day. And I also remember the stories about the supposed fight on the bus on the way to the match. Doesn’t really stop the fact about the Saints fixation with Aberdeen though, does it? 

Please don't quote me, I couldn't give a f**k m8. There are blue skies and beers awaiting my arrival, have a nice day now.