Best and Worst Goalies in your teams - ever

I think the goalie is the unsung hero of the team and IMHO the hardest position on the park.  Who are your best and worst Keepers you have seen play for your team?

Keep in mind the mix in generations on here. 

I would perhaps have someone like Thompson or Money, but those guys are clouded by history for me, and I find it difficult to really judge them objectively.

Hladky, while only a fairly short tenure of 2 seasons, has possibly put himself into contention.

As for worst? Heh.. the list can go on forever and I really don't know. I seem to remember Bullock (spelling?) who, if memory serves me well - and it rarely does, asked to be subbed at half time because he wasn't in the right frame of mind. I'm sure other buddies could correct me on that one.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I would perhaps have someone like Thompson or Money, but those guys are clouded by history for me, and I find it difficult to really judge them objectively.

Hladky, while only a fairly short tenure of a 2 seasons, has possibly put himself into contention.

As for worst? Heh.. the list can go on forever and I really don't know. I seem to remember Bullock (spelling?) who, if memory serves me well - and it rarely does, asked to be subbed at half time because he wasn't in the right frame of mind. I'm sure other buddies could correct me on that one.

Campbell Money was class from what I can remember of him

Hamilton have been blessed with usually always good keepers over the years especially for as long as I can remember.

The best ones:- Tomas Cerny & Michael McGovern.

The worst:- David Hutton for being ridiculously shite over nearly a full season. While Darren Jamieson takes the honour of having one of the worst individual performances in recent times.

Even average keepers like Woods, Southwood, Matthews and Cuthbert did well for the season or 2 they were number one.

Best: Alan Rough, Craig Nelson, Nicky Walker, and Tomas Cerny.

Shite: Cammy Bell, Colin Stewart, Thomas Stuckmann, David Klein, Gary Gow, Graeme Smith, Jakup Mikkelson

Meh: Kenny Arthur, Johnny Tuffey, Scott Fox, Paul Gallagher, Kevin Budd, John Brough, Archie MacLean, Jamie Langfield and Andy Murdoch

Edited by jagfox99

I think we need a special "Hibs section" for this - we have had some of Scotlands best goalies play for us down the years - Leighton, Goram, Rough to name the best

And a number that fall into the "utter shite" category - 

Zibbi Malkowski being perhaps the top of that long list.

Leighton and Snelders were before my time going to games, so best is a dead heat between Ward and Lewis - Ward was maybe the very slightly better goalkeeper, but he has a much smaller sample size. Lewis has been an excellent goalkeeper over a longer period of time. 

Collin and Bossu probably the worst I've seen. 

Edited by DrewDon

Worst would probably be Cammy Bell, in terms of ones I can actually remember. Despite a clean sheet at Ibrox I'm fairly sure he conceded a goal every time he faced a shot on target.

A large middle ground of keepers who were comfortably good enough for the level we had them at, but you were never convinced you couldnt improve on them due to some of the goals they conceded (Kevin Cuthbert, Graeme Smith, Zander Clark).

Enckleman was a quality keeper for us, but had too many blunders to be considered the best.

Mannus and Main ghen fight it out. Main probably edges it due to his first stint, Mannus pushes him all the way.

Cant even remember Bryn Halliwall but suspect he would be in that middle group. Not counting Allan McGregor as hes a ***.

51 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I always thought Tuffey was a good keeper in the old First Division days, or maybe he just always had stormers against us.

He was a decent first division/ championship keeper. Not sure if he was much better than that level. I don’t think the others are particularly bad just not great, imo. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Kris Robertson was pretty bad. Remember when he was touted in the press for a move to Celtic? emoji23.png. Was his dad not his agent?

He wasn't just touted in the press. I'm sure he actually moved to Celtic. Either that or he was on a pre-season tour with them.

Our current 3 are very much on the poor list. Along with Jack Hamilton, Enckleman, Hollis, Scott Gallacher and Tepi Moilanen. Kurskis being the worst. Fortunately between the 5 listed (so not including our current crop of duds) only around 100 appearances.
A smattering of no’ bad net tenders in Jamie McDonald, Stevie Banks, Kello and Neil Alexander.
Henry Smith and Gilles Rousset were better than not bad but not quite the level of the best two I’ve seen, Anti Niemi and Craig Gordon. Definitely more good than bad in my experience but unfortunately not at the moment.

Best - Campbell Money, with honourable mentions to Billy Thomson and Vaclav Hladky.

Worst - In recent times David Cornell and Mark Ridgers. In the past, Derek Scrimgour was not great, although there are countless others who could easily challenge him.

Best: Broto & Alexander (twice).

Worst: Oya fucker there has been a few, Liberda, Colin Stewart, Ludo Roy.  I've prob missed some, blotting their nightmares from my mind.

Special mention to Tony the bombscare Bullock, with his mad runs outside of his box getting himself into all kinds of trouble, but he got better once we fixed a bunjee rope to him, tied to the goal posts, and his kicking was superb.