Celtic FC: What is their position?

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

They should, they were light years ahead of The Rangers, who had terrible form since the winter break. So much so that I was fancying Saints chances in our game in hand.

Did they win the league,  yes or no?

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

Did they win the league,  yes or no?

If it cannot be played to a finish  which is very likely and with it being 70 odd percent played, I'd say it's fair to award them the league, yes. 

Nobody in our league has the minerals to catch them imo.

Edited by tree house tam
Fat fingered drunk

5 hours ago, Guts said:

They are in a horrible position,  they want the league finished. It suits them fine as like you say they were likely to lose the league and their season has imploded. They need the money but at the same time cannot be seen to be conceding the league. This is all just noise to get the hordes on board and to make sure they buy season tickets. A null and void with current standings money dished out would be perfect for them.

I don't know a single Celtic fan that wouldn't want the league played out and I still hope that happens. I have seen fans using it as a wind up as if this would be better as it would annoy the **** more. 

I don't know where the notion has come from that Celtic are desperate for the league to be ended early and to be awarded the title.

Lennon’s embarrassing interview at the very start of the shutdown.

On 18/04/2020 at 11:27, Romeo said:

@Bennett has a glorious heads gone... @LincolnhHearts "hold my beer"

It's brilliant to watch, it really is.

There is absolutely no heads gone from myself, Bennett or anyone else.

Our game is broken.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Hearts are broken.

Embarrassing from the club, budge and the fans.

I'll give you that one. Can't say I'll be sad to see the back of her.

Do Celtic fans still celebrate domestic success? Could have pulled a PR masterclass by refusing the title.

It's not like they will fail to reach 10, 15?, 20? in a row anyway.

I'm off to punch f**k out of my 9 year old boy again. Before our bout tonight, I'm currently 43-0-0 with 43 wins by knockout.

I'll give you that one. Can't say I'll be sad to see the back of her.

Do Celtic fans still celebrate domestic success? Could have pulled a PR masterclass by refusing the title.

I'm off to punch f**k out of my 9 year old boy again. Before our bout tonight, I'm currently 43-0-0 with 43 wins by knockout.
Hearts could have given a PR masterclass by accepting relegation without all the tears and snotters.

As for your battering a 9 year old analogy.....

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Hearts could have given a PR masterclass by accepting relegation without all the tears and snotters.

As for your battering a 9 year old analogy.....

No tears or indeed snotters. I'd say we were 50/50 in regards to staying up/going down.

The Partick and Falkirk situations are far more ridiculous and proof that our game is fucked.

Well done Celtic though. What a team.

No tears or indeed snotters. I'd say we were 50/50 in regards to staying up/going down.

The Partick and Falkirk situations are far more ridiculous and proof that our game is fucked.

You are obsessed with Celtic. You say our game is broken and we are all you can think about, you think lawwell has engineered this and is pulling all the strings.

81% of clubs voted for this. It's the settled will of Scottish football. Do you want to keep having votes until you get the result you want?

11 minutes ago, Romeo said:

You are obsessed with Celtic. You say our game is broken and we are all you can think about, you think lawwell has engineered this and is pulling all the strings.

81% of clubs voted for this. It's the settled will of Scottish football. Do you want to keep having votes until you get the result you want?

Obsessed with nobody or anything.

Disappointed that our national game is corrupt and Isn't going to move forward anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

'....you think lawwell has engineered this and is pulling all the strings.'

Even Stevie Wonder could see it.

What exactly do they have to gain from it? From a Celtic perspective it is far better to let the league run, they were 99% sure of winning it comfortably anyway.

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

There is absolutely no heads gone from myself,

and then......

55 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

42 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

25 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Disappointed that our national game is corrupt and Isn't going to move forward anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

'....you think lawwell has engineered this and is pulling all the strings.'

Even Stevie Wonder could see it.

Log off, have a cuppa.

It's not a good look.

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

If it cannot be played to a finish  which is very likely and with it being 70 odd percent played, I'd say it's fair to award them the league, yes. 

Nobody in our league has the minerals to catch them imo.

No would have been the correct answer. 

On 18/04/2020 at 08:48, St3vie said:

I would love it if someone could actually show me where a mention of "Lawwells hidden hand" is made on any of the Rangers statements with regards to this matter

What defies logic is the fact that the SPFL have openly admitted that they have a vehicle through which they could hand out interest free loans to clubs that were in financial strife....and instead of using that vehicle, they have said that the only way any money can be distributed is to call the league's and give out the prize money for league placing.

That vote has now passed and they have given the two teams at the bottom of the Premiership a leading role in determining their own fate by ensuring they don't get relegated

The word farce doesn't even begin to describe what this is

The only question I want answered, is why the SPFL were so hell bent on calling the league's as early as possible, as if it was the only option, when clearly there were other options available, and plenty of leagues around Europe are primarily looking at trying to complete their current seasons as the first option, with ending them early being the last option.  Hell they have even held off from calling the Premiership for the same reasons given Uefa have still to make a call on what ending seasons early means for European spots next season etc..

It doesn't add up at all, and an independent inquiry would certainly help understand why this course of action was the first one tabled, and somewhat pushed for by the governing body

Why have you put an apostrophe in 'leagues'?

There’s no tainted or asterisks involved - if they are awarded League they are champions - end of. Same as the Sevco/Rangers thing which is just tedious now.  To all intents and purposes it is the same Rangers but folks are still arguing about it.  What a waste of breath - let the two of them get on nitpicking and move on