Celtic FC: What is their position?

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

As bookies favourites, it's only right that they award themselves the Scottish Cup to complete an unpreeeecedented quadroople treble.

That is already starting, would you deny them the trophy that they'd have surely won? It's the fair and reasonable decision after all....

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Celtic are our best team no doubt but you cannot accuse anyone of having a big team mate.

Now, you see that is the obvious image response, and fair play for going to the obvious.

However seeing as I don't have one, I'd suggest I can. The club being used by one of the the OF is unpalatable, but it all went into the coffers to keep us going, because you know.. administration is a tough gig as I'm sure you will appreciate.

Thing is it's not unique to us, all the clubs in and around Glasgow have had one of the OF use them, whether it's youth, reserves or whatever.

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Now, you see that is the obvious image response, and fair play for going to the obvious.

However seeing as I don't have one, I'd suggest I can. The club being used by one of the the OF is unpalatable, but it all went into the coffers to keep us going, because you know.. administration is a tough gig as I'm sure you will appreciate.

Thing is it's not unique to us, all the clubs in and around Glasgow have had one of the OF use them, whether it's youth, reserves or whatever.

Tbf cracking response mate.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf cracking response mate.

Thanks, it's obviously an easy and very photogenic thing to throw at us. I can totally see how it looks and to be honest if it wasn't us I'd use it as banter too!

It's a frustrating thing having to be in a position where we "need" to do this (although I think it was also a favour because they were stuck unable to use Parkhead, I'd need to check back on that). Wouldn't it be lovely if the funding for all clubs was enough so we could concentrate on our own shit?

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Thanks, it's obviously an easy and very photogenic thing to throw at us. I can totally see how it looks and to be honest if it wasn't us I'd use it as banter too!

It's a frustrating thing having to be in a position where we "need" to do this (although I think it was also a favour because they were stuck unable to use Parkhead, I'd need to check back on that). Wouldn't it be lovely if the funding for all clubs was enough so we could concentrate on our own shit?

Not sure mate. From memory their was a season when Fergus McCann was there when the SFA gave Celtic Hampden to use as their home stadium ??

Great point about funding. Not in this country though where a large number of people travel to watch their ‘own’ team - or even worse support them from the couch.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not sure mate. From memory their was a season when Fergus McCann was there when the SFA gave Celtic Hampden to use as their home stadium ??

Great point about funding. Not in this country though where a large number of people travel to watch their ‘own’ team - or even worse support them from the couch.

It was a pre season thing as Celtic Park was being worked on in 2015. Celtic rented Hampden back in 1994.

I believe Celtic are worthy of the title as are Dundee Utd. Hearts were in big trouble but could have fought their way out but Hamilton and St.Mirren were showing a good turn of form. Partick and Falkirk have been hardest hit. There is no fully fair way but as a fan who has sat through 45 hrs of my team playing all over the country, not to mention cost, null and void is the worst outcome

It’ll be interesting to see the differing reactions from the two Glasgow teams fans, and indeed club statements, when Bet 365 don’t pay out for Celtic winning the Premiership, if as expected it is called early. The rest of us will get a bloody good laugh at it though.

21 hours ago, The Reverend said:

Juventus - 1pt clear after 25/26 games with a load of stabby fascist b*****ds in second

Celtic - 13pts clear after 29/30 games (with a load of stabby fascist b*****ds in second, tbf)

1 hour ago, BIG BEN said:

I believe Celtic are worthy of the title as are Dundee Utd. Hearts were in big trouble but could have fought their way out but Hamilton and St.Mirren were showing a good turn of form. Partick and Falkirk have been hardest hit. There is no fully fair way but as a fan who has sat through 45 hrs of my team playing all over the country, not to mention cost, null and void is the worst outcome

They should also win the mens singles at Wimbledon too. 

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Juventus - 1pt clear after 25/26 games

Celtic - 13pts clear after 29/30 games 

At no time have anyone connected with Celtic suggested they are due anything other the League based on the standings when the games were halted.  The facts are points have been won over a substantial period of time and cannot (or at least should not) be taken away for the reason given by Big Ben above.

For the benefit of them that are looking for away out of an unsuccessful season, Cup football is all about the last team standing and hopefully the Scottish Cup will be resolved between the four sides left one day when possible.

However leagues that are not as clear cut it will be interesting to see how they get round the issue and I still think Falkirk have been hardest done by.  To be honest I would struggle to accept that decision.

7 hours ago, Eder said:

At no time have anyone connected with Celtic suggested they are due anything other the League based on the standings when the games were halted.  The facts are points have been won over a substantial period of time and cannot (or at least should not) be taken away for the reason given by Big Ben above.

For the benefit of them that are looking for away out of an unsuccessful season, Cup football is all about the last team standing and hopefully the Scottish Cup will be resolved between the four sides left one day when possible.

However leagues that are not as clear cut it will be interesting to see how they get round the issue and I still think Falkirk have been hardest done by.  To be honest I would struggle to accept that decision.

I’ve never really understood the stances taken by Celtic and Rangers on the leagues being called as they stand. Logically, Celtic should be doing their utmost to force the games to be played,as if they’re not, this league title will forever be tainted and no one from Rangers will ever let them forget it. From Rangers point of view, they should be desperate for everything to end now. If it doesn’t, Rangers will be looking at the points difference increasing from last season’s 9 to the potential of 15/20 this season.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve never really understood the stances taken by Celtic and Rangers on the leagues being called as they stand. Logically, Celtic should be doing their utmost to force the games to be played,as if they’re not, this league title will forever be tainted and no one from Rangers will ever let them forget it. From Rangers point of view, they should be desperate for everything to end now. If it doesn’t, Rangers will be looking at the points difference increasing from last season’s 9 to the potential of 15/20 this season.

They are in a horrible position,  they want the league finished. It suits them fine as like you say they were likely to lose the league and their season has imploded. They need the money but at the same time cannot be seen to be conceding the league. This is all just noise to get the hordes on board and to make sure they buy season tickets. A null and void with current standings money dished out would be perfect for them.

I don't know a single Celtic fan that wouldn't want the league played out and I still hope that happens. I have seen fans using it as a wind up as if this would be better as it would annoy the **** more. 

I don't know where the notion has come from that Celtic are desperate for the league to be ended early and to be awarded the title.

Edited by Guts
Clarity.

33 minutes ago, Guts said:

They are in a horrible position,  they want the league finished. It suits them fine as like you say they were likely to lose the league and their season has imploded. They need the money but at the same time cannot be seen to be conceding the league. This is all just noise to get the hordes on board and to make sure they buy season tickets. A null and void with current standings money dished out would be perfect for them.

I don't know a single Celtic fan that wouldn't want the league played out and I still hope that happens. I have seen fans using it as a wind up as if this would be better as it would annoy the **** more. 

I don't know where the notion has come from that Celtic are desperate to be awarded the league

Aye that is a bit of a puzzler tbf.

Scott Brown: Celtic must be awarded Scottish Premiership title if coronavirus ends season early

Celtic "should be champions" if the Scottish Premiership season cannot be completed, says manager Neil Lennon

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Aye that is a bit of a puzzler tbf.

Scott Brown: Celtic must be awarded Scottish Premiership title if coronavirus ends season early

Celtic "should be champions" if the Scottish Premiership season cannot be completed, says manager Neil Lennon

They should, they were light years ahead of The Rangers, who had terrible form since the winter break. So much so that I was fancying Saints chances in our game in hand.