Celtic FC: What is their position?

I would love it if someone could actually show me where a mention of "Lawwells hidden hand" is made on any of the Rangers statements with regards to this matter

What defies logic is the fact that the SPFL have openly admitted that they have a vehicle through which they could hand out interest free loans to clubs that were in financial strife....and instead of using that vehicle, they have said that the only way any money can be distributed is to call the league's and give out the prize money for league placing.

That vote has now passed and they have given the two teams at the bottom of the Premiership a leading role in determining their own fate by ensuring they don't get relegated

The word farce doesn't even begin to describe what this is

The only question I want answered, is why the SPFL were so hell bent on calling the league's as early as possible, as if it was the only option, when clearly there were other options available, and plenty of leagues around Europe are primarily looking at trying to complete their current seasons as the first option, with ending them early being the last option.  Hell they have even held off from calling the Premiership for the same reasons given Uefa have still to make a call on what ending seasons early means for European spots next season etc..

It doesn't add up at all, and an independent inquiry would certainly help understand why this course of action was the first one tabled, and somewhat pushed for by the governing body

Edited by St3vie
Spelling mistakes

Ofcourse celtic were pushing for the title, there's countless articles from ex celts in the media demanding it. A fair and reasonable solution was their cry with captain, manager and CEO pushing their case very strongly.  

Would Lawwell still be in a job if he hadn't used every means necessary to get the spfl to push their agenda, giving them the chance of going for the champions league money...

PnB being PnB will ignore all logic and  side with celtic to get it up Sevco, that will never change. 

One plus side from the last few weeks is the media have appeared to start growing a pair, with English and Stewart calling out the spfl and mentioning some conflicts of interests within the spfl.

Like celtic did with Farry, we'll keep on this and eventually get rid of Doncaster and Mclennan. 

19 minutes ago, St3vie said:

The only question I want answered, is why the SPFL were so hell bent on calling the league's as early as possible

I was wondering that myself but when looking further in to it its most likely TV money. Our current deal because of decades of incompetence at the top and member votes is pish. Our new one for next season whilst not great is significantly better which will help our current finances.  If we were to play out this season or go for major reconstruction in the top it would affect our new tv deal. True Sporting integrity would have this season played out but with several clubs looking at possible administration possibly even before the end of the season its not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

PnB being PnB will ignore all logic and  side with celtic to get it up Sevco, that will never change. 

Like celtic did with Farry, we'll keep on this and eventually get rid of Doncaster and Mclennan. 

People have already given logical reasons as of why people/clubs are voting the way they are. You and the  other sevcoians are blatantly ignoring it and not even replying to them, unable to come up with a counter argument. 

I would love to see Doncaster binned but it would clearly be due incompetence not bias, Unlike like in Farrys case.

Edited by gannonball

Ofcourse celtic were pushing for the title, there's countless articles from ex celts in the media demanding it. A fair and reasonable solution was their cry with captain, manager and CEO pushing their case very strongly.  
Would Lawwell still be in a job if he hadn't used every means necessary to get the spfl to push their agenda, giving them the chance of going for the champions league money...
One plus side from the last few weeks is the media have appeared to start growing a pair, with English and Stewart calling out the spfl and mentioning some conflicts of interests within the spfl.

Heads gone.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If we were to play out this season or go for major reconstruction in the top it would affect our new tv deal.

Isn't the plan for reconstruction now anyway, regardless of whether the league is played out or not?

Doesn't answer the question why ending the lower leagues asap was put as the first and only option

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

People have already given logical reasons as of why people/clubs are voting the way they are

From what I read, for the vast majority of them, it was to ensure money was paid to clubs in most need of it.

Again, the interest free loan option would have done this.

Providing clarity for next season was the other point made, so that plans could be made etc.....well from where I am standing, we still don't know when next season is going to start, what size any of the league in Scotland will be, whether European competitions will even be held next year.....nothing is clear in that respect, so again, I fail to see how ending the league's provided that clarity

From what I read, for the vast majority of them, it was to ensure money was paid to clubs in most need of it.
Providing clarity for next season was the other point made, so that plans could be made etc.....well from where I am standing, we still don't know when next season is going to start, what size any of the league in Scotland will be, whether European competitions will even be held next year.....nothing is clear in that respect, so again, I fail to see how ending the league's provided that clarity
The prem hasn't ended.

8 minutes ago, St3vie said:

Isn't the plan for reconstruction now anyway, regardless of whether the league is played out or not?

Doesn't answer the question why ending the lower leagues asap was put as the first and only option

I think in terms of adding extra teams to the top league is not going to happen imo, and again that is probably down to the TV deal as more games would have to be played I think to fit in the agreed derby tv games. Which is why Hearts’ proposal is a no go.

Ending the league early certainly isnt the only option and Celtic above anyone can go without the addtional tv money so would be my preference  for it to be played out. But money is much much tighter at other clubs who dont want to jeopardise the new deal.

Edited by gannonball

8 minutes ago, St3vie said:

Have the lawyers not already said this isnt allowed from a legality point of view?

ETA- as for the latter I agree we shouldnt be jumping the gun too early until Uefa make certain decisons but we should have agreed actions on each outcome they decide. Like a preplanned decision chart in the event of UEFA’s outcomes.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

People have already given logical reasons as of why people/clubs are voting the way they are. You and the  other sevcoians are blatantly ignoring it and not even replying to them, unable to come up with a counter argument. 

I would love to see Doncaster binned but it would clearly be due incompetence not bias, Unlike like in Farrys case.

Self interest in a few cases, in other cases we've had bullying, bribery and coercion used from the spfl to get the result they wanted.  I've noticed that you've cherry picked out a large part of my post which mentions celtic and their aims in this.

Is Doncaster really that incompetent, would he have lasted so long if he was?

Anyway as this thread is about celtics part in this debacle,  do you really think that celtic played no part in it and just wanted what's best for Scottish football....

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Have the lawyers not already said this isnt allowed from a legality point of view?

Rodney McKenzie confirmed that it is possible.

The SPFL had the idea of introducing a loan scheme to possibly assist an individual club in financial trouble in the future. It was never meant to bail out an entire league. People can say it was only so much per club, not really a loan and so on. It was never meant for that purpose.  

Just now, rainbowrising said:

The SPFL had the idea of introducing a loan scheme to possibly assist an individual club in financial trouble in the future. It was never meant to bail out an entire league. People can say it was only so much per club, not really a loan and so on. It was never meant for that purpose.  

By using loans, it would have taken away some valid accusations of bribery and coercion, while giving clubs a free vote without any undue influence. 

But the spfl seemed determined to push this vote through, no matter what they had to do.

Just now, bennett said:

Self interest in a few cases, in other cases we've had bullying, bribery and coercion used from the spfl to get the result they wanted.  I've noticed that you've cherry picked out a large part of my post which mentions celtic and their aims in this.

Is Doncaster really that incompetent, would he have lasted so long if he was?

Anyway as this thread is about celtics part in this debacle,  do you really think that celtic played no part in it and just wanted what's best for Scottish football....

Rodney McKenzie confirmed that it is possible.

Im not cherry picking, alot of your posts are wagon circling which people have already answered.

Bully bribery and coercion? I take it this is from the evidence that has since no longer been mentioned in one statement?

In terms of the Doncaster you only need to look at the SFA as well where idiots can stay in their jobs  for years or just get swapped about/promoted. See the national youth coaches as a prime example. Doncaster takes a lot of the brunt of the shit and others are happy for him to be seen as the fall guy as it deflects from them.

And as for Celtic no they are no different than any other club where they are only just looking out for themselves.

20 minutes ago, St3vie said:

An interest free loan isn't the same as income. 

Some clubs will require banks' permission to borrow and might not be able to prioritise repaying the league over other creditors. 

Having more short term debt and less income also makes borrowing from other sources harder. 

I don't know the exact reasons for why calling the leagues was the preferred option but I can say with certainty that there are good reasons for preferring income to loans. 

28 minutes ago, St3vie said:

Because the lower league clubs wanted it.

If the **** are thrown a few extra pennies to stave of admin they'll be happy enough. That's been their intention from the start.

The Govan borrowers have no pitch, no shirts for next season, can't sell season tickets, no money, no bank facilities, they owe close brothers a huge wedge they run at a loss and have no money in the bank.

Be in no doubt, they are pretty fucked.