Celtic FC: What is their position?

The last 10 days in Scottish football have been tumultuous to say the least. What is utterly astonishing has been the lack of any comment made by our biggest club Celtic. Surely they have a view on these matters. The official website has had over 100 news reports since 8th April, and there is no mention whatsoever of the SPFL resolution, the vote, Celtic’s position, or a view on what is to happen to Scottish football. Why the unbelievable silence from Celtic Park?

Edited by Stan Butler Says

23 minutes ago, Stan Butler Says said:

The last 10 days in Scottish football have been tumultuous to say the least. What is utterly astonishing has been the lack of any comment made by our biggest club Celtic. Surely they have a view on these matters. The official website has had over 100 news reports since 8th April, and there is no mention whatsoever of the SPFL resolution, the vote, Celtic’s position, or a view on what is to happen to Scottish football. Why the unbelievable silence from Celtic Park?

I'm more than happy not hearing from them because they aren't sounding like a child that's dropped their ice lolly. Have you heard from Hibs, Livi, St Mirren Aberdeen or others? Not much more than let's see how this goes through.

The less I hear from the OF the happier I am. On the flip side we have Rangers with "pram emptied, toys everywhere" approach.

The "werz the kafflics" premise, which is what your initial post sounds like, is just adding more pointless bullshit. More so because you feel you need a special thread all to yourself just to discuss their "unbelievable silence"

1 minute ago, johnmc80 said:

^^^^^^^^
I like the cut of your jib.

Don't worry, I'm sure some Hearts fans will be going, "see I told you, 1986 and all that, look how he's defending his big team"

Truth is, if Celtic had been doing what Rangers were doing, I'd have exactly the same opinion.

Don't worry, I'm sure some Hearts fans will be going, "see I told you, 1986 and all that, look how he's defending his big team"
Truth is, if Celtic had been doing what Rangers were doing, I'd have exactly the same opinion.

Hence why i like the cut of your jib.

I don't think it bothers us what happens. If the league ends now, we are worthy champions. If the league is played to a finish, the outcome is still the same.

Thats why i'm confused with the whole rhetoric thats coming out from across the city that this is all Celtics/Peter Lawell's doing. What reason is there for us to push for the season to end now?

6 hours ago, Stan Butler Says said:

They do which they will have probably aired at the conference calls which is the right forum for it at present. Tbh there should have been an agreement that there would be no public announcements until the votes were over rather than the absolute shit show and meltdowns as seen by other clubs. 

Considering the Premiership has not yet been called, I don't see what reason there is for Celtic to comment personally

As for folk having a dig at Rangers and others for "throwing their toys out the pram", I fail to believe that folk actually think the SPFL handed this whole situation well in any way shape or form, and wholeheartedly agree that an independent inquiry would do nothing but good for football in this country

21 minutes ago, St3vie said:

I fail to believe that folk actually think the SPFL handed this whole situation well in any way shape or form, and wholeheartedly agree that an independent inquiry would do nothing but good for football in this country

Who's claiming the SPFL handled this well? When does anyone claim the SPFL handle anything well?

But you're making a handy conflation between ineptitude and bias, which is what Rangers – and really only Rangers – are insinuating, without providing evidence.

As for an inquiry doing nothing but good:  if it found no skulduggery, would that be the end of it? Not if history is a guide.  Rangers would immediately undermine the enquiry. They'd want names. Case in point: the petulant war against the SFA after an independent panel found them guilty of offences during Craig Whyte's chairmanship. Death threats followed.

Nothing but good.

36 minutes ago, St3vie said:

Considering the Premiership has not yet been called, I don't see what reason there is for Celtic to comment personally

As for folk having a dig at Rangers and others for "throwing their toys out the pram", I fail to believe that folk actually think the SPFL handed this whole situation well in any way shape or form, and wholeheartedly agree that an independent inquiry would do nothing but good for football in this country

Whilst the SPFL obviously handled the whole situation badly, Clubs wanting the distribution of prize money based on league placings whilst not wanting the league's called defies logic.

48 minutes ago, St3vie said:

I agree they haven’t but absolute bed wetters like Sevco throwing statements out every day, making wild claims then failing to back them up isn’t helping the matter. 

As for external inquiries, they are ridiculously expensive and when do we ever have them? Can only think of the EBT one which cost close to half a million allegedly . If Sevco have any evidence then they must present it ASAP and decisions on it (enquiry or otherwise) can be made rather than Demand an expensive without disclosing anything.

Edited by gannonball

41 minutes ago, St3vie said:

Independent enquiry? 😂

The SPFL's handling of this is down to pure incompetence, not skullduggery. All that's needed is Doncaster's resignation/binning. 

Nobody other than Rangers fans actually believe in "Liewell's hidden hand" type dealing, and whatever evidence Rangers have is clearly nonsense. There is absolutely no point in an independent enquiry which, if it doesn't come to the conclusion Rangers want, will simply result in a series of tear-stained statements and the usual empty threats from the more extreme elements of their fanbase. It'd be a complete waste of time and money. 

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Whilst the SPFL obviously handled the whole situation badly, Clubs wanting the distribution of prize money based on league placings whilst not wanting the league's called defies logic.

Of course it doesn’t. People asking for monies to be paid out now with adjustments to be made down the line once/if the league is finished was the sensible route to take. There would have been one or two clubs paid not enough and one or two paid too much, but these are unusual times asking for unusual measures.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of course it doesn’t. People asking for monies to be paid out now with adjustments to be made down the line once/if the league is finished was the sensible route to take. There would have been one or two clubs paid not enough and one or two paid too much, but these are unusual times asking for unusual measures.

Hence why I said wanting the prize money based on current league position without the league being called. Having the prize money paid out based on confirmed placings wouldn't be a problem. ie 12th place.