Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Not sure about the mineral clue, how do you mean? The mineral I was talking about was trinitite, which was formed in the first test explosion of an atomic bomb. 

There are very rare minerals on Earth that may just about exist elsewhere in the Universe. I didn't pay enough attention to your clue.

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There are very rare minerals on Earth that may just about exist elsewhere in the Universe. I didn't pay enough attention to your clue.

I totally agree.  There might be an entire planet of the stuff orbiting Tau Ceti. 

I better be careful or Gordon will post another on this forum and the answer will be the ninth planet orbiting Capella.

21 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I totally agree.  There might be an entire planet of the stuff orbiting Tau Ceti. 

I better be careful or Gordon will post another on this forum and the answer will be the ninth planet orbiting Capella.

Sad to say I suspect Gordon is a bit of a human supremacist, he won't take kindly to that kind of chat. They probably send their waste trinitite to pollute other planets for cheap dumping, and pretend to their citizens they're recycling it.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Sad to say I suspect Gordon is a bit of a human supremacist, he won't take kindly to that kind of chat. They probably send their waste trinitite to pollute other planets for cheap dumping, and pretend to their citizens they're recycling it.

Well I suppose it's possible there is trinitite elsewhere, but for it to form you'd need exactly the conditions of the Trinity test. The bomb was at ground level when it exploded and it sucked sand up into it, turning it into a unique glass which then rained back down. All other nuclear detonations - and there have been shit-tons of them - have been atmospheric, underground or under water. The bomb itself was very unusual, as a prototype, and that design wasn't used again after Hiroshima.

There are very similar known minerals, but none exactly the same. You can buy pieces of it, it's pretty cheap: https://www.atomicrockshop.com/shop.html

If anyone starts posting images from Google Mars, I'm out.

19 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I am going to stick to the same theme.

Shorty.jpg

Struggling with this. The grass looks like a place that rains a lot, that car might have a UK plate and seems to be on the left, but are those well-grown palm trees? Between that and the architecture my first guess is Ireland. If the theme is still borders then I'm stumped, because I can't find anything like that near the Irish border. It's definitely a place with a car park for visitors. I'm running out of ideas though.

44 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Struggling with this. The grass looks like a place that rains a lot, that car might have a UK plate and seems to be on the left, but are those well-grown palm trees? Between that and the architecture my first guess is Ireland. If the theme is still borders then I'm stumped, because I can't find anything like that near the Irish border. It's definitely a place with a car park for visitors. I'm running out of ideas though.

I've been chasing what looks like a couple of mannequins sitting on a bench by the gate, no luck either.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Remember that there is something very special in this photo.  It is not an arbitrary picture.

Yes.  It can rain a bit and be very windy as well.

Yes.  The car has UK plates and is driving on the left (or at least should be).

Yes.  They are palm trees.

The Irish connection (if you can call it that) is a person as opposed to the island itself.

If you are a sneaky person like me, then yes you can see the border in this picture.  It is the wall.

Yes there is a car park for visitors.

Edited by Fullerene
Correction to weather

43 minutes ago, GordonS said:

While searching for this I came across the worst thing I've ever seen.

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 11.23.15.png

That looks like a challenge.  I have no idea where that could be.  You are definitely looking in the wrong place.

BTW The other country is not the Republic of Ireland so what country is it?

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

That looks like a challenge.  I have no idea where that could be.  You are definitely looking in the wrong place.

BTW The other country is not the Republic of Ireland so what country is it?

Ok, now that I know the answer I am ever more confused by the wallpaper clue!

With the theme being borders I was looking on the English-Welsh border. The landscape looked right and the walkers could have been doing the Offa's Dyke path.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

With the theme being borders I was looking on the English-Welsh border. The landscape looked right and the walkers could have been doing the Offa's Dyke path.

There's a theory that Napoleon died from arsenic in the wallpaper.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Yes, there is a claim that the British deliberately put arsenic in the wallpaper to bump him off.  It is not true.  After all nobody else in the house suffered.  Although there probably was arsenic in the wallpaper.

Very old wallpaper is dangerous because almost every colour was achieved using one poison or another.  For example, Arsenic for Green.

The Toxic Histories of Five Famous Pigments (noahtech.com)

Edited by Fullerene