Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone tracked down the guy on the mural? First thought cricketer, then rugby player, then sax player (maybe John Coltrane) then clarinet player. It looks like an arts venue but it looks like a sports venue behind it, probably cricket. I'm stumped. 

Oh, I think I may have the country...

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Welshbairn solved it. I'd never heard of it!

The story of Robinson Crusoe was inspired by the real life story of Alexander Selkirk from Lower Largo in Fife.  

IIRC he was on a ship that went to visit this island.  When it was time to leave, he refused to get back on board and so they left without him. 

The island is now part of Chile.  Stupid idiot could have claimed ownership and we would have all sorts of fishing rights and all that.  Oh well.

31 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The story of Robinson Crusoe was inspired by the real life story of Alexander Selkirk from Lower Largo in Fife.  

IIRC he was on a ship that went to visit this island.  When it was time to leave, he refused to get back on board and so they left without him. 

The island is now part of Chile.  Stupid idiot could have claimed ownership and we would have all sorts of fishing rights and all that.  Oh well.

I knew the Fife connection, I just didn't know there was an island named after him.

25 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

If this is a place called Ucrovxc then you made a mistake loading the picture.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 23.19.55.png