Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

Well done to you boys for your detective skills. @GordonS I recognised the Mennock - Wanlockhead road as I've driven it many times. Beautiful drive in good weather, I'll be heading to the hills there as soon as we get the ok to venture out exploratively.

Here's a picture for ye's, should be difficult for mere mortals but probably a piece o piss for you lot...

20200419_235345.thumb.jpg.3e28b81bbfcd5ac8b3ba1fe1cc2f5a41.jpg

Edited by DG.Roma

1 minute ago, DG.Roma said:

Well done to you boys for your detective skills. @GordonS I recognised the Mennock - Wanlockhead road as I've driven it many times. Beautiful drive in good weather, I'll be heading to the hills there as soon as we get the ok to venture out exploratively.

Here's a picture for ye's, should bre difficult for mere mortals but probably a piece o piss for you lot...

20200419_235345.thumb.jpg.3e28b81bbfcd5ac8b3ba1fe1cc2f5a41.jpg

I will have to ask my friend Rocky Balboa.  He goes past it on his daily run to the Art Gallery.

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Yes.

Ah so it was from knowledge rather than detective skills! Must try harder next time. I lived there for a while after college, cracking city. I had no knowledge of the flags before my first venture down that street, so was a pleasant surprise to see a Saltire

24 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

Opened by Vaclav Havel by special invitation. When I saw it there was no art work or museum nearby, just stuck in the corner of an anonymous car park in the suburbs of Vilnius.

in January 1990, Vaclav Havel appointed Frank Zappa as "Special Ambassador to the West on Trade, Culture and Tourism," much to the disgruntlement of U.S. Secretary of State, James Baker, who is famous for declaring: "You can do business with the United States or you can do business with Frank Zappa." 

image.png.959c3a741bf69bab432b51bea9c010e4.png

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Correct city.  Do you know the significance.  Maybe he went the other way.

York 2.jpg

'68 was the date of the tilm "san franciso' that had instersellar overdrive as the theme music (hence 52 years ?); as for 'the other way' - dunno - must have been a million and one chase scenes in moves up and down those hills - at a guess, steve mcqueen in bullitt...

ETA - duh - and bullitt was the same year, so must be that

Edited by Herman Hessian