Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

8 minutes ago, Countryman said:

I don't know a huge amount Scottish non league football but I think I know enough to say.

1. That Talbot are the best team in what was the West of Scotland Juniors.

2. That it is 99.9999% certain they would have won the title if the season had run its course.

3. They have some of the most arrogant and disingenuous fans in world football.

498721106.jpg

For all Talbot fans we are now feeding the dog the wrong food.  The definition of disingenuous is insincere, deceptive or misleading. An example of disingenuous is a child's excuse, “the dog ate my homework.” YourDictionary definition and usage example.

29 minutes ago, Countryman said:

I don't know a huge amount Scottish non league football but I think I know enough to say.

2. That it is 99.9999% certain they would have won the title if the season had run its course.

1 Aye that's fair

2 Hmmm I'll plead the 5th - fwiw I THINK they possibly would have but ...

3 Some ( only some - there are some right decent sorts even in this thread ) for most definite. They should make the most of it 

Now folks really this is a Talbot thread all about Talbot, unfortunately we have people from other clubs posting more on our thread than their own threads. I don't really care what you think of me, but I'm a decent person, love my football blah dee blah, but it grinds my gears when some Talbot hater comes onto this thread and puts no real imput into proceedings. We know the seethfest about the league, but it wasn't our decision. Remember that....

Just now, Blackie Gold said:

Now folks really this is a Talbot thread all about Talbot, unfortunately we have people from other clubs posting more on our thread than their own threads. I don't really care what you think of me, but I'm a decent person, love my football blah dee blah, but it grinds my gears when some Talbot hater comes onto this thread and puts no real imput into proceedings. We know the seethfest about the league, but it wasn't our decision. Remember that....

Not once have I ( for one ) said it was ... you just started with the abuse and went on the defensive here and on the Junior thread. You just have a wee think about it

Take it you have never stood near Clydebank fans at a game..

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My flunkies? Hahaha are you sure youre an actual adult and not a ten year old who’s guessed his parents wifi password? Imagine getting worked up on a football website about green dots.

Imagine being awarded a league title, however way its won or given out and being so obsessed with another club that you go on a website and make up shite wee posters. Thats a high level of roaster.

Theres a lot of really decent talbot posters on here like killiepie etc who deserve a wee celebration, but you’re coming across as someone whos bored out their nut during lockdown, obsessed and discovering photoshop and shite banter for the first time, im actually embarrassed for you, you’ll be calling me ‘the weakest link’ or ‘computer says no’ or some other tragic patter next. Honestly ‘wankies’ jesus christ its just so juvenile.

Anyway, again, congrats to the decent talbot posters and to tucker who is an excellent ambassador for football at any level.

I'll leave it at that because their was a lot of hard work put into that statement. So I'll let you converse with the decent posters. Love you!

Right back to normal. I was checking my stats and there has been an amazing outcome to the recent league title. When Talbot won their first ever league title back in 1921, that league was never finished and Talbot were announced winners although at that time we were top of the league.

15 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Nothing stopping Talbot playing midweek games if you install floodlights. If there's five conferences next season, that will mean fewer league games and a greater chance of the league season being completed on time.

Although a 5 team UEFA cup style group stage for the playoff will be interesting. Would need 4 match days to fulfill, plus another 2-3 for promotion playoffs.

There would be 5 match days in a 5 team group (every match day 1 team is idle). ;) 

I have never been the spokes person for Talbot or any other club. What the other poster is referring to  is when i was asked to post the club rules on the talbot group in respects to someone posting something offensive on there. I then seemingly became the spokesperson for the entire modern country being politically correct and accused by the same two of making the long established club rules up. Folk with half a brain could figure out I did what was being asked of me and had nothing to do with how i felt about this or that, but some are just determined to give me stick not matter what it is or what i do/don't do.

Don't even know why i bother to be perfectly honest.

Edited by Killiepiyo

I have never been the spokes person for Talbot or any other club. What the other poster is referring to  is when i was asked to post the club rules on the talbot group in respects to someone posting something offensive on there. I then seemingly became the spokesperson for the entire modern country being politically correct and accused by the same two of making the long established club rules up. Folk with half a brain could figure out I did what was being asked of me and had nothing to do with how i felt about this or that, but some are just determined to give me stick not matter what it is or what i do/don't do.
Don't even know why i bother to be perfectly honest.
[emoji23]