Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

48 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

If your signing all the players all the time It can give that impression I’m sure 😂😂😂😂 

For once I’m being serious auchinleck Talbot are the biggest name in non league football and I’m amazed there have been no signings unless there has and just no announced , what do the Talbot fans think of this ? 

For once I’m being serious auchinleck Talbot are the biggest name in non league football and I’m amazed there have been no signings unless there has and just no announced , what do the Talbot fans think of this ? 
Aaron Mason has signed from Shortlees .
I'm sure Tucker has a few irons in the fire.

5 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Aaron Mason has signed from Shortlees .
I'm sure Tucker has a few irons in the fire.

William Boyd has also signed and Robbie McCracken signed during lockdown so is also pretty much a new signing.

Its early days, I am sure there will be others. Perhaps Darvel's revolving doors signing policy is clouding the legends judgement

William Boyd has also signed and Robbie McCracken signed during lockdown so is also pretty much a new signing.
Its early days, I am sure there will be others. Perhaps Darvel's revolving doors signing policy is clouding the legends judgement
Is that William Boyd who played a few years ago and left to go to Australia, or a different one? If it's the former he was a good player.

5 minutes ago, energyzone said:
3 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Is that William Boyd who played a few years ago and left to go to Australia, or a different one? If it's the former he was a good player.

Its the same one. He is back now. He was quite young before but was a regular starter, if he has continued to improve he will be a good signing

Just my feeling as an outsider but I feel Talbot committee will be quite happy in West of Scotland Football League Premier Division for a few years and not to be promoted until the big spending teams like Darvel are promoted and Lowland League has a few more better supported teams in it from ex West and East Juniors and less dross in it. Be a focus on cups and top 2/3 finish in league still but as for promotion I don't think they are as fussed about it as Darvel, Clydebank and Buffs committee & management are. Just my opinion.

54 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Just my feeling as an outsider but I feel Talbot committee will be quite happy in West of Scotland Football League Premier Division for a few years and not to be promoted until the big spending teams like Darvel are promoted and Lowland League has a few more better supported teams in it from ex West and East Juniors and less dross in it. Be a focus on cups and top 2/3 finish in league still but as for promotion I don't think they are as fussed about it as Darvel, Clydebank and Buffs committee & management are. Just my opinion.

What is that based on? Do you know any of the Talbot committee who may have told you this? We have kept the majority of a very successful squad and added a few, I believe we will want to win every match we play in and see where it takes us until we find our natural place in the pyramid. 

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

Medda not fussed then?

What is that based on? Do you know any of the Talbot committee who may have told you this? We have kept the majority of a very successful squad and added a few, I believe we will want to win every match we play in and see where it takes us until we find our natural place in the pyramid. 
Darvel signing players who should be playing in SPFL League One and Two while Talbot aren't in the same market with their spending and sticking with players that they know and trying to get a couple of lower league / amateur gems in.

24 minutes ago, Shannon said:
1 hour ago, southerner said:

Darvel signing players who should be playing in SPFL League One and Two while Talbot aren't in the same market with their spending and sticking with players that they know and trying to get a couple of lower league / amateur gems in.

We have never went toe to toe with the clubs that go for the massive cash route to success. How much you spend every season isn’t always going to define your success 

These players Darvel have signed are good quality players no doubt about that but they are beatable, in my opinion I dont think there is much between Darvel and ourselves but time will tell

10 hours ago, Shannon said:

From the financial side of things I can see your point as if we go up crowds will drop big time in lowland league but everyone to their own thing and as I’ve said before I’d rather we played meadow , Talbot , buffs , pollok Etc than the teams in lowland league , just doesn’t excite me at all 

8 hours ago, Shannon said:
9 hours ago, southerner said:

That’s been the way of it for as long as I’ve been here. We had Jamie Bain on trial who is a well established league player but if the rumour of his demands were true it’s probably best he signed elsewhere. I’m sure if tucker wanted him the club would have signed him but would have affected the budget likely. I’m guessing but think tucker would prefer getting three players he could develop. Budget is going to be important as the lowland league games aren’t going to bring in the crowds. Some will but most won’t imo.

the only one up via a playoff is a well talked about bottle neck and there is a few cash daddy’s about at the moment so really keeping our players is going to be separate challenge. Likes of the majority of darvels squad or the Kilwinnings attack at the moment won’t be playing on the cheap and when you have managers literally turning up at doors with stacks of cash it’s going to be interesting.

33 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

From the financial side of things I can see your point as if we go up crowds will drop big time in lowland league but everyone to their own thing and as I’ve said before I’d rather we played meadow , Talbot , buffs , pollok Etc than the teams in lowland league , just doesn’t excite me at all 

I like when we agree on something. 👍 we might get some of the old firm hush money reported to be on offer 😂😂