Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

18 minutes ago, TalbotArmy said:

Panic is the club.meadow players still signed there but announcing them.nothing to stop others moving in.laughable.

I think both Connor Boyd and Neil Slooves been tracked for Talbot for months if not years and will 100% join you. Both will fit in well with your team I reckon as Mick Wardrope has. Connor is a local lad and stays near Auchinleck I believe and really wanted to join Auchinleck.

Edited by Shannon

42 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I think both Connor Boyd and Neil Slooves been tracked for Talbot for months if not years and will 100% join you. Both will fit in well with your team I reckon as Mick Wardrope has. Connor is a local lad and stays near Auchinleck I believe and really wanted to join Auchinleck.

Boyd has the heart of a midgie

Might be a bit controversial, and hope it doesn't happen, but could it be possible that Tucker is drawing near to his own retirement. I say this with the thought of where Talbot go if they achieve success, marked by entering the Lowland league. Does Tucker have the will to build another team, only to progress to a shit league. Could he be thinking of going out a legend, as Talbot's greatest ever manager, to spend more family time, with this three games a week scenario, and now midweek games due to floodlights, must take a toll on the manager as well as players. Maybe he's become fed up with the money situation, finding players asking or being offered crazy money, when in times past they play for the badge. The man works full time, can't get on training pitch, to improve players, due to sheer number of fixtures. Possible, Talbot players know Tuckers true intentions ( if any) and is the reason for the exodus from Beechwood, which in my time is unprecedented through the years. Has he the energy to build a new team, as we are all getting older and enthusiasm to compete with other clubs offering big money to players, might not be appealing, for success to be the Lowland.What some players are being offered , makes you wonder how much a team would be prepared to offer Tucker for his services. So before the red dot avalanche begins, I'm only offering an opinion of my own, a devil's advocate if you will, because something not quite right at Beechwood. Good luck Glencairn tonight.

4 hours ago, Shannon said:

You are 100% correct.I first heard about this happening at the beginning of the year.

Have only saw the Cambuslang keeper two or three times against us but was always man of the match in my opinion.

Shankland and Gee to Darvel.

Hearing we've signed two keepers.

Not surprised about any of the players leaving Talbot. We've had the best out of most of them. In my mind Taylor and Mason are the ones who will be missed. 

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Tony Mac doing at Darvel what he did at Pollok. Signing Talbot players who are on the downward slope. McVey, Young, McGoldrick etc at Pollok and now Leishman, Gee and Shankland to Darvel

Sure McVey was the year we were really crap and McInally moved him out. But interesting point! 

Guys if tucker does want to give up fine can we disagree with this no we can't he is the most successful manager ever and to be honest not everyone was happy when he was appointed but look what he has done. but if he retires or leaves  and if players want to leave for other clubs due to money or for other reasons then fine we have had the best with them the medals and cups  they have all won they will never match that with another club so let them go and do what talbot is good at is finding a manger been a while though  and players who want to play for the club not the money thease clubs who throw the money around won't be around for long but talbot will be so have faith have u forgot about the cup runs we have had in the scottish cup etc and if any of u lot u think different then apply to be in charge of talbot be on the committee or be manager  if u can't do that keep ur thoughts to yourself unless u can change things but have faith in tucker and everyone else talbot will get there again oh by the way did we not win a cup this year oh yes we did 😉 😀 👍 

Edited by allyg1977

3 hours ago, BC63 said:

Shankland and Gee to Darvel.

Hearing we've signed two keepers.

Not surprised about any of the players leaving Talbot. We've had the best out of most of them. In my mind Taylor and Mason are the ones who will be missed. 

All will be missed. They’ve been unbelievable players for Talbot over the years winning everything numerous times and all would walk into most teams in the league still. Football aside they’re great people and will be strange not seeing them around the place as often. 

Edited by Botlad67

15 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Might be a bit controversial, and hope it doesn't happen, but could it be possible that Tucker is drawing near to his own retirement. I say this with the thought of where Talbot go if they achieve success, marked by entering the Lowland league. Does Tucker have the will to build another team, only to progress to a shit league. Could he be thinking of going out a legend, as Talbot's greatest ever manager, to spend more family time, with this three games a week scenario, and now midweek games due to floodlights, must take a toll on the manager as well as players. Maybe he's become fed up with the money situation, finding players asking or being offered crazy money, when in times past they play for the badge. The man works full time, can't get on training pitch, to improve players, due to sheer number of fixtures. Possible, Talbot players know Tuckers true intentions ( if any) and is the reason for the exodus from Beechwood, which in my time is unprecedented through the years. Has he the energy to build a new team, as we are all getting older and enthusiasm to compete with other clubs offering big money to players, might not be appealing, for success to be the Lowland.What some players are being offered , makes you wonder how much a team would be prepared to offer Tucker for his services. So before the red dot avalanche begins, I'm only offering an opinion of my own, a devil's advocate if you will, because something not quite right at Beechwood. Good luck Glencairn tonight.

Does that mean you want to play in the Lowland League?