Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

3 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Well I was told that del esplin was on £350/£390 a week at pollok before Johnstone burgh took him away from you so that's a lot more than ' fairly well ' in my book .

He wasn’t paid anything like that-and as I said Pollok work within a very carefully prepared budget.

Talbot are supposed to be a big club but my friend who sponsors benburb regularly winds me up comparing the two. we need to be like clydebank and for the life of me cant figure out why talbot would sack the big lad and lassie. I could see my board each week as could my da and family in new zeland. now dont see a thing and all we hear is folk leaving. when is someone from the club going to tell us what is really going on

28 minutes ago, TalbotArmy said:

Talbot are supposed to be a big club but my friend who sponsors benburb regularly winds me up comparing the two. we need to be like clydebank and for the life of me cant figure out why talbot would sack the big lad and lassie. I could see my board each week as could my da and family in new zeland. now dont see a thing and all we hear is folk leaving. when is someone from the club going to tell us what is really going on

It's the AGM next Sunday go and air your concerns there. 

I'm sure you'll get answers.

30 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It's going to be a very long summer if folk are panicking already.

I would say the panic merchants are only working themselves up.Some of a certain age know how these things pan out.Transition is the reason we don't have Denis Gray and Gavin Goudie up top.

Back the management,back the players and committee to get a TEAM on the pitch.

What I will also say is, Talbot do not stand in the way of players who have the opportunity to play at a higher level and if you ask to leave you are out of there.If you want out your wish will be granted.

1 hour ago, TalbotArmy said:

AGM next week which is an open and transparent meeting where you get the opportunity to ask questions direct to the manager and executive committee.  

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

It's the AGM next Sunday go and air your concerns there. 

I'm sure you'll get answers.

Andy u and talbot army and talbot supporter won't be there all u lot do is put talbot down when they lose and vent ur anger on here if u 3 arent happy go to the agm and put ur self forward for manager and see how u do and to be fair after having big Andy for 13 years I think he deserves a move our loss could be our gain has tucker is good at finding gem of players 

28 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Andy u and talbot army and talbot supporter won't be there all u lot do is put talbot down when they lose and vent ur anger on here if u 3 arent happy go to the agm and put ur self forward for manager and see how u do and to be fair after having big Andy for 13 years I think he deserves a move our loss could be our gain has tucker is good at finding gem of players 

I'll be on holiday so I won't be there 🙂

6 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I beg to differ .....

Esplin was on about £300 from what I was told, not closer to the £400 you posted.

A ridiculous sum of money for our level, and driven by getting him to sign and not got to Darvel this time last year. However the £10k-14k we got for him (depending on who you ask) you could argue has compensated some of that. 

We do work to a budget, what I would say, I am not sure if that budget is well spent for what we have seen on the park. 

7 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

I think I have been fair on what I said about the team this season,  for me we haven't played great but we have won a trophy and would have been alot closer in the league if it wasnt for the 3games a week recently. I think it's a big ask to get a goalkeeper as good as Andy , and we need a few players in , time will tell.