Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

15 hours ago, Shanner said:

That was a good entertaining game today. Talbot deserved to win and could maybe have been more comfortable, but Pollok were a danger.

My 1st instinct was that the ref shat the bed by not giving the Pollok defender a red at 1-0 for preventing a clear scoring opportunity with the Talbot player near-certain to get a shot off. I might be wrong and the highlights will be interesting for that incident. I know other defenders were closing in but I can't see how that wasn't a clear opportunity to score. The ref was fairly poor throughout but I also find Pollok to be about the most niggly side we play in this division and they sail very close to the wind with their discipline at times. It's been like that for a few seasons now. No doubt they would disagree. 

Also, Boylan's header for the winner was absolutely tremendous. 

Very selective posting here! 

No mention of the punch thrown around 30/40 mins by No9 already on a booking and the ref somehow books your no 7? Should have been down to 10.

As for the clean going scoring opportunity, it was 45 yards from goal with defenders running back, same as the foul by your number 3 which he injured himself doing - both bookings. 

As for Pollok sailing close to the wind… pot kettle springs to mind ! 

As for the game itself, first half was poor, we set up poorly and only invited Talbot on to us. All be it keeper only had a couple of saves.

Second half much better with two McCanns up top and Lyon on left. Could have went either way at 1-1.

29 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Very selective posting here! 

No mention of the punch thrown around 30/40 mins by No9 already on a booking and the ref somehow books your no 7? Should have been down to 10.

As for the clean going scoring opportunity, it was 45 yards from goal with defenders running back, same as the foul by your number 3 which he injured himself doing - both bookings. 

As for Pollok sailing close to the wind… pot kettle springs to mind ! 

As for the game itself, first half was poor, we set up poorly and only invited Talbot on to us. All be it keeper only had a couple of saves.

Second half much better with two McCanns up top and Lyon on left. Could have went either way at 1-1.

In the last few seasons Pollok have been synonymous with acting like a gang in these games. I don't expect you to agree but I see it in matches v Pollok far more than against other league opponents - you have to watch it every week so it might seem more normal. One metric of this would be the number of red cards in Talbot v Pollok games and which side gets the lion's share of them. Yesterday should have seen that total added to - 45 yards from goal can still quickly develop into a goal-scoring opportunity. if the Talbot forward had taken a good touch instead of being wiped out his next touch after that would probably have been a shot on goal. whether there were defenders running back or not is irrelevant and for me (and any ref that isn't a bottle merchant) that's a red card.  Happy to take this back if the highlights show I'm talking pish. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

In the last few seasons Pollok have been synonymous with acting like a gang in these games. I don't expect you to agree but I see it in matches v Pollok far more than against other league opponents - you have to watch it every week so it might seem more normal. One metric of this would be the number of red cards in Talbot v Pollok games and which side gets the lion's share of them. Yesterday should have seen that total added to - 45 yards from goal can still quickly develop into a goal-scoring opportunity. if the Talbot forward had taken a good touch instead of being wiped out his next touch after that would probably have been a shot on goal. whether there were defenders running back or not is irrelevant and for me (and any ref that isn't a bottle merchant) that's a red card.  Happy to take this back if the highlights show I'm talking pish. 

Ignoring the punch? 
And Talbot bench telling No 7 to not complain as knew No 9 was off? 

17 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Ignoring the punch? 
And Talbot bench telling No 7 to not complain as knew No 9 was off? 

Not so much ignoring as choosing not to comment on situations I didn't see. You may very well be right about those things but either way they have no real bearing on any of the points I raised.

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

Not so much ignoring as choosing not to comment on situations I didn't see. You may very well be right about those things but either way they have no real bearing on any of the points I raised.

I think they do.

You seem to want to make out that Pollok are a gang - exact word used.

Meanwhile, you have a player throwing a punch, bench knows the ref got it wrong and shouting to the No 7 to not make an issue of it. 
Add in surrounding the ref when your player went down after a 50/50 on in the bottom corner in a tackle with Mullen. Acting like a gang ???

While I know my club are far from perfect the selecting viewing you have of your own team needs called out. 

14 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Mick Kennedy and Southy were taking in the game. I wonder if they were watching Esplin? 

Mick Kennedy must have watched as many Pollok games this season as Darvel ! Every time they are not playing as playing on a different day he takes in Pollok game. 

1 minute ago, superpollok said:

I think they do.

You seem to want to make out that Pollok are a gang - exact word used.

Meanwhile, you have a player throwing a punch, bench knows the ref got it wrong and shouting to the No 7 to not make an issue of it. 
Add in surrounding the ref when your player went down after a 50/50 on in the bottom corner in a tackle with Mullen. Acting like a gang ???

While I know my club are far from perfect the selecting viewing you have of your own team needs called out. 

Well feel free to call them out.  Your team will remain an I'll disciplined rabble either way while mine will be the one who only last week received a fair play award.

10 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Saw Maxi getting some heat from some Lok supporters on twitter after the game which I thought was unwarranted. From all accounts read, sounded like it was a decent game. Probably closest score line between the two at Beechwood for some time?

2-1 Talbot the last game at Beechwood...

8 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Saw Maxi getting some heat from some Lok supporters on twitter after the game which I thought was unwarranted. From all accounts read, sounded like it was a decent game. Probably closest score line between the two at Beechwood for some time?

Fishing trip? Or memory like a goldfish, to be fair possibly the later as you seemed to forget which team you support and started to turn up at Talbot