Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

5 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Well that’s nonsense, you can be critical without saying folk are losing their mind and personally attacking staff and players. I’ve no doubt there’s some mischief making, this is what your 7th account? Reason you keep being banned and it’s not because of genuine fair views. 

You're saying people can be critical without being personal and then go onto a personal attack towards the person you're replying to.

Try taking your own advice .

With Talbot being used to being top dogs for a long time, Darvel have come along and completely changed the dynamics for us all, but more so for Talbot.

Question for Talbot, especially financially, is do they stick or twist. Well, looks like they've decided to stick and probably gamble upon Darvel getting promoted to the Lowland League or for them to have a massive fallout and return to their rightful place down the leagues.

Sloan deserves support and respect because of what he has achieved.

The Talbot support have always had a bit of a reputation for being entitled. Well, now is the time to get rid of that reputation and get right behind your club, a chance to show others that supporting Talbot isn't just about Junior Cup wins and the like.

It's a testing time for most clubs in the premier league given what Darvel are doing. Players will be looking at Darvel and demanding greater remuneration from other clubs. Time to keep things sensible short term as what Darvel are doing won't last forever.

10 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

With Talbot being used to being top dogs for a long time, Darvel have come along and completely changed the dynamics for us all, but more so for Talbot.

Question for Talbot, especially financially, is do they stick or twist. Well, looks like they've decided to stick and probably gamble upon Darvel getting promoted to the Lowland League or for them to have a massive fallout and return to their rightful place down the leagues.

Sloan deserves support and respect because of what he has achieved.

The Talbot support have always had a bit of a reputation for being entitled. Well, now is the time to get rid of that reputation and get right behind your club, a chance to show others that supporting Talbot isn't just about Junior Cup wins and the like.

It's a testing time for most clubs in the premier league given what Darvel are doing. Players will be looking at Darvel and demanding greater remuneration from other clubs. Time to keep things sensible short term as what Darvel are doing won't last forever.

M8 your preaching to a club that has sat back and watched the likes of Hurlford, the Meadow and Kilwinning spunk money at a chance to have a day in the sun, and then implode.

4 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

M8 your preaching to a club that has sat back and watched the likes of Hurlford, the Meadow and Kilwinning spunk money at a chance to have a day in the sun, and then implode.

I'm not preaching though, but you are entitled to take it any way you like. As for the 3 clubs you mention, Hurlford are still competing at a high level, Medda and Buffs are in the premier league too, albeit both have had spells in the doldrums over the last twenty years. This isn't about those clubs though, this is the Talbot page so it's about Talbot. If anything, it's about Talbot questioning itself for the first time in a very long time.

20 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I'm not preaching though, but you are entitled to take it any way you like. As for the 3 clubs you mention, Hurlford are still competing at a high level, Medda and Buffs are in the premier league too, albeit both have had spells in the doldrums over the last twenty years. This isn't about those clubs though, this is the Talbot page so it's about Talbot. If anything, it's about Talbot questioning itself for the first time in a very long time.

Just in my own opinion, the few folk making the noise, demanding Talbot compete like for like with Darvel are the same who would causing all hell when we announced we were broke as a result next year. Darvel legend summed it up in his posts about the wage bill and having only one home game in so many weeks, during a cost of living crisis. 

Despite being plagued with injuries, it’s the height of entitlement to suggest we’re not competing against decent sides who deserved their points. Some would have you honestly think we were getting beaten 4 or 5 nil every game. Even as thread bare as we are with key injuries we are not a million miles away. 

So is it happy clapping or spin to say that? I don’t know, seems reasonable to me anyway.

Edited by Killiepiyo

Just in my own opinion, the few folk making the noise, demanding Talbot compete like for like with Darvel are the same who would causing all hell when we announced we were broke as a result next year. Darvel legend summed it up in his posts about the wage bill and having only one home game in so many weeks, during a cost of living crisis. 
Despite being plagued with injuries, it’s the height of entitlement to suggest we’re not competing against decent sides who deserved their points. Some would have you honestly think we were getting beaten 4 or 5 nil every game. Even as thread bare as we are with key injuries we are not a million miles away. 
So is it happy clapping or spin to say that? I don’t know, seems reasonable to me anyway.
Maybe if we'd signed some more players in the summer we wouldn't be so threadbare ?

36 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Yes Darvel have a bigger budget than us but we are still in the top 3 budgets in the league so should be doing better.

Yes we have a few injuries but didn't have a full bench yesterday due to not signing enough players. Its not entitled to think we should be able to field a full squad.

As for competing with good teams, yes on any given game we have no right to win but going back to last season its a string of results that have not been good enough. Petershill are fucking garbage, they have 1 point this season. Guess who it came against.

Fans have a right to demand better because we are being served shite at the moment

Yes Darvel have a bigger budget than us but we are still in the top 3 budgets in the league so should be doing better.
Yes we have a few injuries but didn't have a full bench yesterday due to not signing enough players. Its not entitled to think we should be able to field a full squad.
As for competing with good teams, yes on any given game we have no right to win but going back to last season its a string of results that have not been good enough. Petershill are fucking garbage, they have 1 point this season. Guess who it came against.
Fans have a right to demand better because we are being served shite at the moment
You'll be getting called a troll for that..

2 hours ago, fb4 said:

Think you also have to look at the bench mark that darvel has set, players you approach are looking at the money they are spunking around and they think that is the new normal.  What i would say is tucker will not over pay but maybe not this season but he will certainly give  you medals and memories. The moral is you will always have your medals that money can't buy. 

Paid 8 k for m wardrobe is that not paying big money

5 minutes ago, andy25 said:

You'll be getting called a troll for that..

I have been going to games for over 40 years so I can handle that. He calls people trolls because he can't refute the truth.

I know you have been critical for a while and while I agreed with your sentiments a bit I wasn't quite as hard line as you but trying to pretend everything is OK is absolute nonsense

4 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I have been going to games for over 40 years so I can handle that. He calls people trolls because he can't refute the truth.

I know you have been critical for a while and while I agreed with your sentiments a bit I wasn't quite as hard line as you but trying to pretend everything is OK is absolute nonsense

So you believe auchinleck person is a genuine supporter? That’s who I call trolls, folk causing issues with burner accounts. Your pal junior likes to confuse this to reduce the impact of not having a complete melt down when things aren’t going our way. 

Edited by Killiepiyo