Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

1 minute ago, Talbot supporter said:
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
Need to start a 20 team league now if they want it finished

They wouldn't start a league in June with no covid?

No I meant...never mind. 

What's the transfer latest please?

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
10 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:
Might be able to begin the league season in the usual August then hopefully

Not a chance.

There's a real lack of rationale and consistency here. Do people think it's ok for schools to go back but no football?

Schools aren't back yet though, Jim, just the children of key workers. The First Minister is saying she's wanting all children back in by August 11th. I hope that's achievable, but not convinced it'll happen. When the children are back at school they will be socially distanced, strictly supervised, and washing their hands routinely throughout the day. I don't see the game stopping for an over exuberant tackle so everyone can wash their hands or what have you. 

There is so much to do before the game can be played to a high standard of safety again. I assume the clubs have it in hand in discussions with the relevant authorities.

I'm of the opinion that socially distanced football can take place with crowds at places like Beechwood, but perhaps with the 500 limit as was suggested just prior to shutdown. Games would need to be made all ticket to enable this to happen (got my season ticket ordered) and if it's properly administered, there could be a rush on season ticket sales which would also hand Tucker a war chest for whenever he needs it. Like most folk I want to see our game back, but I don't want to see it back rushed, and not thought through properly, because it means so much to so many people to have it up and running safely. I can wait for that.