Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Woefull performance yesterday where at the end we stole a point and as Shanner said a bit more composure in front of goal by the Largs strikers and we would have been dead and buried. In my opinion of the match Graham Wilson is wasted in midfield, we have signed a creative midfielder who spent most of the time watching the ball sail over his head, and it looked like we started with with one striker up front.  I always try and defend my team when other supporters label us as a hoof-ball side, but on yesterdays showing I can't disagree. Anyway on to Wednesday and another potential banana skin.

Feel entitled to be picking the game apart when we have no right to any points and have to earn each one of them. We never found our momentum in the game, Largs pressed high and played our back 4 wide to create spaces. folk saying Andy was pushed but looked tripped by the Largs player that’s slinking off to the back post. I zoomed in on it if u we’re watching the live edit last night.

Think some forget they are fighting for their survival atm and perhaps showed why they shouldn’t be. All that said was the last time we went to Largs and won convincingly? Can’t place it. 

Woefull performance yesterday where at the end we stole a point and as Shanner said a bit more composure in front of goal by the Largs strikers and we would have been dead and buried. In my opinion of the match Graham Wilson is wasted in midfield, we have signed a creative midfielder who spent most of the time watching the ball sail over his head, and it looked like we started with with one striker up front.  I always try and defend my team when other supporters label us as a hoof-ball side, but on yesterdays showing I can't disagree. Anyway on to Wednesday and another potential banana skin.
The way Talbot are playing every games a banana skin.
Tucker is a tremendous manager but his tactics formations and trying to fit players into new positions this season are utterly baffling.

Tuckers a genius and things aren’t always as apparent until they click. Remember the outrage at the ‘McCracken Project’? Said before let’s see where we are at the end of the season and try and enjoy what we can in the meanwhile. 19 other clubs would trade places with us 👍

Tuckers a genius and things aren’t always as apparent until they click. Remember the outrage at the ‘McCracken Project’? Said before let’s see where we are at the end of the season and try and enjoy what we can in the meanwhile. 19 other clubs would trade places with us [emoji106]
Who can forget it . It cost us a cup[emoji849]

Must be over a decade ago now I attended a Meadow Talbot league match at Meadow Park. Meadow were the big spenders at the time but Talbot won an scrappy match by the odd goal. On the way out the ground I heard two different conversations between Talbot supporters. The first was moaning about Talbots poor performance, Tommy Sloans managerial shortcomings and the abject awfulness of certain players. The second conversation was how that days win had set a new record for Talbot being undefeated in the league. They had gone something like 25 matches undefeated consisting of the end of the previous season and all the matches in the current season. It seems nothing has changed.

4 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

Must be over a decade ago now I attended a Meadow Talbot league match at Meadow Park. Meadow were the big spenders at the time but Talbot won an scrappy match by the odd goal. On the way out the ground I heard two different conversations between Talbot supporters. The first was moaning about Talbots poor performance, Tommy Sloans managerial shortcomings and the abject awfulness of certain players. The second conversation was how that days win had set a new record for Talbot being undefeated in the league. They had gone something like 25 matches undefeated consisting of the end of the previous season and all the matches in the current season. It seems nothing has changed.

Constant success naturally brings a level of entitlement. There is no doubt that there is a significant element of entitlement amongst the Talbot support, evidenced at Beechwood and on here. That'll only likely subside if Talbot go through an extended barren period. 

As for the style of football Talbot play, in my opinion they've never been amongst the best footballing sides, but what they do consistently is being effective and digging games out when not playing well, the trophy count vouches for that. 

8 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:
13 hours ago, Botlad67 said:
Watching goals back our keeper has to do better with Largs goal 

Keeper got pushed but you cant see it on the highlights as the ref is blocking the view but we need to defend the cross better

Watching the highlights it actually looks like it was one of our players who set up the Largs equaliser.

Watching the highlights it actually looks like it was one of our players who set up the Largs equaliser.
Not for me as I seen it with my own eyes that Andy got pushed, I can't understand why the linesman never seen it, not trying to make excuses though as we weren't good enough.

8 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Constant success naturally brings a level of entitlement. There is no doubt that there is a significant element of entitlement amongst the Talbot support, evidenced at Beechwood and on here. That'll only likely subside if Talbot go through an extended barren period. 

As for the style of football Talbot play, in my opinion they've never been amongst the best footballing sides, but what they do consistently is being effective and digging games out when not playing well, the trophy count vouches for that. 

Although that is all fair comment, it has to be added that the supporters contribute massively to the successful running of the club. From the Building Fund to the Talbot lottery or from paying for their names to be part of a supporters board to sportsmanship dinners and many, many other initiatives, the supporters put their hands in their pockets regularly for their beloved Talbot, as well as giving up their time. Of course, they have been well rewarded over the years but they have also been part of the success.

Although it bemuses me how critical some are, it's their club to cheer and/or moan about.

31 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Although that is all fair comment, it has to be added that the supporters contribute massively to the successful running of the club. From the Building Fund to the Talbot lottery or from paying for their names to be part of a supporters board to sportsmanship dinners and many, many other initiatives, the supporters put their hands in their pockets regularly for their beloved Talbot, as well as giving up their time. Of course, they have been well rewarded over the years but they have also been part of the success.

Although it bemuses me how critical some are, it's their club to cheer and/or moan about.

Absolutely no doubt that Talbot are fairly unique in this respect. From an outside observer it looks like the whole village puts their time, money and support into the club. 

Just looked on the Talbot website there. 45 competitive matches played so far this season with a minimum of 10 to play. Hardly surprising they're looking a bit jaded. 
Most of the Premier clubs will have has a similar schedule though. Saturday v Glenafton was Glencairn's 40th competitive match of the season, and we haven't been involved in the SJFA Cup and went out of the South Region Challenge Cup and WoSFL Cup in the early rounds.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:
4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
Just looked on the Talbot website there. 45 competitive matches played so far this season with a minimum of 10 to play. Hardly surprising they're looking a bit jaded. 

Most of the Premier clubs will have has a similar schedule though. Saturday v Glenafton was Glencairn's 40th competitive match of the season, and we haven't been involved in the SJFA Cup and went out of the South Region Challenge Cup and WoSFL Cup in the early rounds.

Yes but I wasn't comparing their load to others. The post was on the Talbot thread about Talbot and in answer to the criticism they are receiving for an away draw. The standard can't remain high this season given the number of matches they have to play.

Yes but I wasn't comparing their load to others. The post was on the Talbot thread about Talbot and in answer to the criticism they are receiving for an away draw. The standard can't remain high this season given the number of matches they have to play.
The standard hasn't been high all season.

33 minutes ago, andy25 said:
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The standard hasn't been high all season.

Talbot are top of the league (which you think's rubbish anyway), they reached the William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round beating a Championship side on the way and are in the semis of two cups. To come on to an internet forum, calling yourself a fan and slate them as you do, you're needing hunted from Beechwood imo.

Forgive me if I don't take your view seriously.

21 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Talbot are top of the league (which you think's rubbish anyway), they reached the William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round beating a Championship side on the way and are in the semis of two cups. To come on to an internet forum, calling yourself a fan and slate them as you do, you're needing hunted from Beechwood imo.

Forgive me if I don't take your view seriously.

Who needs enemies when u have fans like andy25 lol 

Mon the papers