Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

2 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

If you built a team round the players that have left Talbot, over past 2-3 seasons, it would be a side that could win the league in a canter.

Agree. But can’t blame players leaving for more money in this day and age with the price of everything. 

The best goalkeeper at this level for many years, fantastic servant to Auchinleck Talbot, legend of the club who will be remembered for years to come I will be sorry to see him go and will be weird to see Talbot without big Andy in nets. However our manger who is also a legend is a master on deciding when the the time is right !! 

9 minutes ago, TalbotArmy said:

All one way traffic out the door, a photo of someones facebook post is such an amateur way to learn that the club captain is leaving the club. 

A brief thank you on twitter is all that I saw - no actual message to say that he would he leaving etc. I'm assuming the Facebook Post didn't give any reasons. Not sure what is going on behind the scenes but not looking good from the outside, we can only hope plans are in place 

15 minutes ago, Cnock88 said:

Apparently your Stubborn management getting rid of your club captain and offering him no extra money as well as Wilson. Done it with alot of older players 

And the way it should be  ,you can't blame players accepting say between £400 and £1, 000 a week but it's a disgrace of a level of pay  for our level and it only ends in tears,  credit to Talbot for not going down this road amongst other clubs that will be in it for the long haul at the top level. 

34 minutes ago, Cnock88 said:

Apparently your Stubborn management getting rid of your club captain and offering him no extra money as well as Wilson. Done it with alot of older players 

Why would you offer more money to 2 34 year olds who's best days are behind them?

I don't agree with Tucker on a lot of things but fully back him here.

Both have been tremendous servants to Talbot and good luck to them wherever they end up.

On 26/05/2023 at 19:53, Botlad67 said:

Agree. But can’t blame players leaving for more money in this day and age with the price of everything. 

As I’ve said in previous posts Tucker is the master in knowing the right time to move players on, he has a proven track record at this!!  Both of the players mentioned are Talbot legends and always will be remembered as this. We also need to accept as Talbot fans if we are building a new team within a reasonable budget this could take a couple of seasons 

9 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

We need to start spending the cash if we want to compete wae these teams going forward 

If clubs start trying to compete with the wages offered at Darvel, Pollok and now St Cadocs it will get clubs into a lot of trouble and will end up in financial difficulties. Just have to let them get on with it and as a Meadow fan I know you are after a couple of our players who have done well for a few years and have been watched by you guys over a long period of time.

3 hours ago, Shannon said:

If clubs start trying to compete with the wages offered at Darvel, Pollok and now St Cadocs it will get clubs into a lot of trouble and will end up in financial difficulties. Just have to let them get on with it and as a Meadow fan I know you are after a couple of our players who have done well for a few years and have been watched by you guys over a long period of time.

We are offering no more than a number of other clubs and have no sugar daddy behind us as some do.We pay fairly well but within the operating budget and don’t get drawn into mega money deals.

4 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

We are offering no more than a number of other clubs and have no sugar daddy behind us as some do.We pay fairly well but within the operating budget and don’t get drawn into mega money deals.

Well I was told that del esplin was on £350/£390 a week at pollok before Johnstone burgh took him away from you so that's a lot more than ' fairly well ' in my book .