Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

34 minutes ago, southerner said:

We always look ok from about October to February when it’s usually 1 game a week, but that’s the last two seasons as soon as we are working through a backlog we hit bad form and drop points. Only 2 points  at home in our last 4 league games tells you that. I know we look weak in certain positions but the biggest thing for me is we now lack a goal threat we are rarely scoring more than 1 goal a game.  Big summer ahead to have a better challenge next season.

The goal situation is mad considering the talent we have to choose from. I don't know who our top scorer is but I'd imagine they'll be on low double figures for the season. All too often the strikers are to be found 40 yards from goal. It's great that they have the energy and inclination to drop back and help out but it leaves them with a lot of work to do to get into dangerous scoring positions. 

10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

The goal situation is mad considering the talent we have to choose from. I don't know who our top scorer is but I'd imagine they'll be on low double figures for the season. All too often the strikers are to be found 40 yards from goal. It's great that they have the energy and inclination to drop back and help out but it leaves them with a lot of work to do to get into dangerous scoring positions. 

IMG_2680.thumb.jpeg.eb7dc2356354e029682d289a5adc1679.jpeg

league games only 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Doesn’t help when he’s playing strikers in midfield positions and only playing 1 up top that’s been the last few games that. We don’t have anyone in midfield scoring like big peewee did each year and we can’t build from the back due to just punting it from full back positions and goal keeper. We need a lot of improvement 

2 hours ago, southerner said:

We always look ok from about October to February when it’s usually 1 game a week, but that’s the last two seasons as soon as we are working through a backlog we hit bad form and drop points. Only 2 points  at home in our last 4 league games tells you that. I know we look weak in certain positions but the biggest thing for me is we now lack a goal threat we are rarely scoring more than 1 goal a game.  Big summer ahead to have a better challenge next season.

Backlog like this must be absolutely brutal on players , full time jobs and asked to play 3/4 games a week. A few boys look dead on their feet which is completely understandable 

29 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Backlog like this must be absolutely brutal on players , full time jobs and asked to play 3/4 games a week. A few boys look dead on their feet which is completely understandable 

I totally get that and Talbot's schedule Is going to be simply horrendous however this seasons decline by their own exceptional standards was evident even before the punishing scheduled even kicked in.  It can't all be attributed towards this. 

2 hours ago, beithboy said:

IMG_2680.thumb.jpeg.eb7dc2356354e029682d289a5adc1679.jpeg

league games only 

Some of those figures are mental. I think Boylan for example runs his heart out for the team, he's a terrific player and his attitude and application is second to none, but you'd be thinking an attacking player like him would comfortably hit double figures in a league season. Same for Gee.

Boylan and Gee Wilson were regularly amongst the top scorers in the league, but that has dried up, I would prefer the younger legs like Mason and Taylor doing the running they are doing and them playing through the middle, conserving some energy and getting into positions to stick chances away as they will no doubt still have the ability to score more goals. 

3 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I totally get that and Talbot's schedule Is going to be simply horrendous however this seasons decline by their own exceptional standards was evident even before the punishing scheduled even kicked in.  It can't all be attributed towards this. 

I agree Talbot haven’t been good enough and wouldn’t be near it even if they had a  better schedule but some of the boys are completely done in it’s obvious to see. We don’t have the quality of squad depth to replace them nor do many teams in the league. 

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

Some of those figures are mental. I think Boylan for example runs his heart out for the team, he's a terrific player and his attitude and application is second to none, but you'd be thinking an attacking player like him would comfortably hit double figures in a league season. Same for Gee.

If boylan wasn’t quick he wouldn’t be at Talbot. Zero quality 

Edited by Cnock88

5 minutes ago, crawwid said:

Heard it was a makeshift team. ( Don't shoot the messenger). Nae excuses at this stage.

Leishman 

Crawford 

Ballantyne 

Stafford 

Wilson 

Armstrong 

Wardrope 

Boyle

Mason

Samson

Taylor 

Was end of season stuff from both sides I thought but Bankies more than worth the win. Pity that the end of the season is still some way away for us yet.

The Talbot goal and penalty came from some nice build up play down the right, much of the rest of our play consisted of fruitlessly hitting it long to Mason who will never be beating six foot plus defenders to high balls. It's frustrating to see us only occasionally use the tactics that are going to get the best outcome but instead giving our opponents a comfortable afternoon.