Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Rushing fans about in midweek games going to cost a fortune this 

19/04 away to arthurlie 6.30 midweek and then 22/04 home to arthurlie 

Would it not make more sense for Talbot to have the midweek game with the flood lights and delay kick off until like 7:30/7:45 and arthurlie have the sat game, instead of having people rushing around from Work trying to make 6.30. gets more fans in for both games. Just common sense 

Edited by Botlad67

8 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Would it not make more sense for Talbot to have the midweek game with the flood lights and delay kick off until like 7:30/7:45 and arthurlie have the sat game, instead of having people rushing around from Work trying to make 6.30. gets more fans in for both games. Just common sense 

Being pedantic here but Arthurlie games a 6.45pm Kick-Off. 

As you say though common sense would be to swap games.

But you know its not going to happen.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Being pedantic here but Arthurlie games a 6.45pm Kick-Off. 

As you say though common sense would be to swap games.

But you know its not going to happen.

I’m afraid the fixture secretary doesn’t have any common sense.

1 hour ago, Botlad67 said:

That's too sensible 

8 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

I agree but we do need cover aswell in other areas of defence when players are out, can't have healey playing at CB

I'm no Healy fan but that was probably his best game for Talbot. 

He was a defender at Renfrew.

27 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Fair enough but I still think we need long term cover

Why? Anyone with a defensive awareness could play, can play CB. We certainly have a couple that can. Money be better spent elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, botlad said:

Why? Anyone with a defensive awareness could play, can play CB. We certainly have a couple that can. Money be better spent elsewhere.

Heard for a while the boy slooves from The medda signed next season. Not sure he strengthens us 

1 hour ago, Botlad67 said:

Heard for a while the boy slooves from The medda signed next season. Not sure he strengthens us 

Connor Boyd from Meadow supposedly signed as well.

Slooves has never impressed anytime I've seen him.

21 hours ago, andy25 said:

The only weak part of the defence is Aidan Wilson.  An absolute bombscare.

When you lose full backs the calibre of Gordon Pope and Willie Lyle, it was near impossible to find replacements to match. I'm afraid the Talbot teams of past have spoiled us supporters, players of the above nature, don't grow on trees.

1 minute ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

When you lose full backs the calibre of Gordon Pope and Willie Lyle, it was near impossible to find replacements to match. I'm afraid the Talbot teams of past have spoiled us supporters, players of the above nature, don't grow on trees.

Don't expect players of the same calibre.  Just someone that's able to defend...

Just now, Thejackdaw said:

Another tough game for us tomorrow night at what's the toughest non league ground to visit In Scotland,  Talbot will start as firm favourites and we will arrive as underdogs and it's got the makings of a good game.  

Comfortable win for Beith. 

11 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Another tough game for us tomorrow night at what's the toughest non league ground to visit In Scotland,  Talbot will start as firm favourites and we will arrive as underdogs and it's got the makings of a good game.  

Hopefully Talbot can get a result and at least try and save the Wosfl leadership some blushes.