Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

13 hours ago, Kennie said:

Yes. I did say May. Sorry about that, I was getting mixed up with the South Challenge Final which is 28th May

Can you explain why you have Cumnock playing 3 games before the Scottish cup semi final and the glens have only got 1 game when they have played less games? You couldn’t run a bath kennie you should have been binned with the rest of the dinosaurs at the sjfa. 

20 hours ago, wow-wee said:

You were asked about why no midweek games a few weeks ago for teams who have games in hand and we were told you wanted to give teams free midweek to prepare for cup games on a Saturday and now we find buffs and talbot have two midweek games before a semi final cup tie ? So what changed your mind there!

Did we get an answer to this @Kennie can't see it but might've missed it. 

The problem with all.of this let's have a go at Kennie is; posters are in general.looking at fixtures from their own clubs perspective.

Yes questions need answered.

1. At this stage of the season how many games should the Division be at in an ideal world.

2. Reasons why Pollok, Petershill, Meadow and Largs are 24 and above.

3. Reasons Kilwinning, Rob Roy, Clydebank, and Talbot are below 20.

Rather than throwing tantrums at one person have a proper review with input from all parties involved. Other Divisions have issues too so it's not restricted to the Prem.

Let common sense prevail.

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The problem with all.of this let's have a go at Kennie is; posters are in general.looking at fixtures from their own clubs perspective.

1. At this stage of the season how many games should the Division be at in an ideal world.

Rather than throwing tantrums at one person have a proper review with input from all parties involved. Other Divisions have issues too so it's not restricted to the Prem.

Hopefully some of this can be resolved next season by using the first 5 midweeks of the season.

Better that than standing freezing midweek watching a game in January and February.

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I wasn’t throwing a tantrum and I don’t have an allegiance to any clubs in the league although I go to watch some of the local ones when I can. My beef is that the setup  is shambolic and amateurish and needs reviewed as the fixture issue isn’t new and is unfair.

If Kennie is responsible then he needs to up his game or get some help in.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I wasn’t throwing a tantrum and I don’t have an allegiance to any clubs in the league although I go to watch some of the local ones when I can. My beef is that the setup  is shambolic and amateurish and needs reviewed as the fixture issue isn’t new and is unfair.

If Kennie is responsible then he needs to up his game or get some help in.

Wasn't having a go specifically. There are teams across all 5 divisions who are lagging behind and in some cases it's the same teams every year. And every year there are moans from fans. I'm maybe at an advantage as I don't follow one specific club but follow the WOSFL.

Get my mindset from my apprenticeship; identity a problem, facilitate a solution.

We gave a great product in the West, yes it has issues but the clubs and league management must work as one to gender a working evolving product.

I said on here a log time ago, that I would engage with this forum and try to give truthful answers to questions and to try and correct any misconceptions or mistaken information.

I also said I would do so as long as things remained respectful and relevant.

Now that the personal abuse has come in, I think it's time to take a step back and leave you all to it.

Thanks though go to those of you that kept it civilised, I appreciated your input, favourable or otherwise.

See you at a game somewhere, I'll be happy to chat.

Bye for now.

13 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I said on here a log time ago, that I would engage with this forum and try to give truthful answers to questions and to try and correct any misconceptions or mistaken information.

I also said I would do so as long as things remained respectful and relevant.

Now that the personal abuse has come in, I think it's time to take a step back and leave you all to it.

Thanks though go to those of you that kept it civilised, I appreciated your input, favourable or otherwise.

See you at a game somewhere, I'll be happy to chat.

Bye for now.

You're correct kennie and the personal abuse is disgusting to be honest.  

9 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

The goals we concede are criminal. Big crackers just clear it.. big boot up the park to the 2 tallest centre half’s in the league and except miracles to happen. Big summer ahead 

Weird how @andy25 used that same adjective in another thread. 

Edited by jimbaxters

I find it astonishing that so many Talbot fans are writing off their own team when they have barely played half a season of football.  The schedule they have is going to be hard but they have done it many times before and still have games to close the gap and overtake the top two. Winning all their games in hand puts them two points behind Beith and still to play Beith twice.  Would understand the pessimism if after they caught up they were still 10-12 points behind the leaders.

Still a lot of football to be played between now and the middle of may and i am sure there will be many twists and turns before then.  

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

I find it astonishing that so many Talbot fans are writing off their own team when they have barely played half a season of football.  The schedule they have is going to be hard but they have done it many times before and still have games to close the gap and overtake the top two. Winning all their games in hand puts them two points behind Beith and still to play Beith twice.  Would understand the pessimism if after they caught up they were still 10-12 points behind the leaders.

Still a lot of football to be played between now and the middle of may and i am sure there will be many twists and turns before then.  

The bit in bold is the reason why pal. If they win the league from here, Stevie Clarke should come sniffing about Beechwood.

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

I mean if Talbot won every game from this point on it would likely be enough to win the league but our form says that would be an event verging on the miraculous. 

Never ever write auchinleck Talbot off as winning is in their DNA but I think people are maybe judging this Talbot team with great ones of the past , great ones of the past could despite all odds go on a huge winning streak however this team have took 1 point from their last two home  games and that's not the Talbot we know and the fixtures haven't even came thick and fast for them yet . 

Still can't write Talbot off just yet but I see darvel as a nuisance that won't go away as their quality player wise and depth wise  is something else.

8 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

I would be more confident if the games had a bit more time between them, last night both teams were poor imo not a great deal of football getting played maybe a draw would have been a more fair result.

Shelling the ball 70 yards up in the air against 2 really tall centre backs isn’t going to work but Talbot did it the entire 2nd half!

Thought Talbot started really good in the first 20 minutes there players in the attacking third were excellent. Then weirdly After that they just boot it up the park again Niven and little who are both 6ft 4 Atleast . Bankies then dug in without being brilliant but we’re never under any real pressure. Worst I’ve seen Talbot defensively as a team in many a seasons. I know there’s a few on here that give the left back criticism but i think it’s justified after seeing that last night ..👀

Edited by Bankie77