Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

4 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Tell the clubs they are playing its supposed to be a senior league.

Correct. Lessons must be learned (althought nothing seems to have been learned in 40 years)

There MUST be midweek game at the start of next season

Edited by Wile E Coyote

1 minute ago, Kennie said:

It's still a league governed by democratic decisions of the members.

The fixtures aren't any better than they were under Scott Robertson.

You think it's okay a team playing half their League season in six weeks?

It's not fair on players or fans.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Correct. Lessons must be learned (althought nothing seems to have been learned in 40 years)

There MUST be midweek game at the start of next season

There WILL be.

Lessons have been learned and as I said they agreed at the recent General Meeting to accept that there needs to be midweek games at the start.

3 minutes ago, Kennie said:

There WILL be.

Lessons have been learned and as I said they agreed at the recent General Meeting to accept that there needs to be midweek games at the start.

You were asked about why no midweek games a few weeks ago for teams who have games in hand and we were told you wanted to give teams free midweek to prepare for cup games on a Saturday and now we find buffs and talbot have two midweek games before a semi final cup tie ? So what changed your mind there!

25 minutes ago, Kennie said:

There WILL be.

They are all over the shop. Pollok and Clydebank didn’t have to be played last week. The Lok have a three week gap between the 2nd last and last games. Clydebank game could have been played in that. Lok v Largs could be played sooner than the 13th May as neither club has anything to play for. 

Although Largs in May will be a better day out it doesn’t help the clubs! Glad to hear early midweek is back next season. Maybe not scheduling the Junior Cup games at weekends would help too…

Now a chunk of teams have floodlights local midweek games should be the norm. The game postponed today could have been months ago midweek. 

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong but Talbot's league challenge is probably done now. 

I'm not laying blame or even saying this fixture issue diminishes the achievement of whatever team goes on to win the division, but it can hardly be described as a level playing field when one club has to play through this sort of condensed backlog. Again, that isn't a criticism of any individual or club just an honest appraisal of how this division currently looks. 

5 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong but Talbot's league challenge is probably done now. 

I'm not laying blame or even saying this fixture issue diminishes the achievement of whatever team goes on to win the division, but it can hardly be described as a level playing field when one club has to play through this sort of condensed backlog. Again, that isn't a criticism of any individual or club just an honest appraisal of how this division currently looks. 

Yes. I thought we weren't quite good enough and would be about 3 or 4 points short of winning the legaue. I think we will be about 10 points short now

20 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Yes you are laying blame 

32 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

They are all over the shop. Pollok and Clydebank didn’t have to be played last week. The Lok have a three week gap between the 2nd last and last games. Clydebank game could have been played in that. Lok v Largs could be played sooner than the 13th May as neither club has anything to play for. 

Although Largs in May will be a better day out it doesn’t help the clubs! Glad to hear early midweek is back next season. Maybe not scheduling the Junior Cup games at weekends would help too…

Now a chunk of teams have floodlights local midweek games should be the norm. The game postponed today could have been months ago midweek. 

Could it? I think Clydebank might disagree with that as they have 4 games to play in that period and that's not counting in the possibility of a Cup Final on 28th May

38 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Yes. I thought we weren't quite good enough and would be about 3 or 4 points short of winning the legaue. I think we will be about 10 points short now

Agreed, we've dropped enough cheap points so far to know it was going to be unlikely we'd do what was needed. This congestion just removes any doubt in my mind that we're still going to be a WOS League side next season. 

40 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Agreed, we've dropped enough cheap points so far to know it was going to be unlikely we'd do what was needed. This congestion just removes any doubt in my mind that we're still going to be a WOS League side next season. 

Stop dropping  cheap points then,  you really are a total fanny 😆

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Could it? I think Clydebank might disagree with that as they have 4 games to play in that period and that's not counting in the possibility of a Cup Final on 28th May

Clydebank and Pollok both fixtureless on the 29th of April. 

Largs and Pollok fixtureless on 08/04 and 29/04. 

Appreciate it’s a tough job and you are restricted heavily by the play offs and the farce of the Junior Cup being played. But delaying a finish for clubs not competing at either end of the table doesn’t make sense.

25 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

Appreciate it’s a tough job and you are restricted heavily by the play offs and the farce of the Junior Cup being played. But delaying a finish for clubs not competing at either end of the table doesn’t make sense.

Did you miss the bit where I said there was a Cup Final on 28th April?

If I'd put Clydebank v Pollok down for 29th April and Clydebank got to the Final, that game would be postponed. Where do you reckon it would go then?

I'm quite sure there would be plenty on here giving me advice that it should have been played earlier.

37 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

At the time of placing the fixtures they were. Pollok was still in with a chance of the title. Maybe some had them written them off, I hadn't.

11 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Did you miss the bit where I said there was a Cup Final on 28th April?

If I'd put Clydebank v Pollok down for 29th April and Clydebank got to the Final, that game would be postponed. Where do you reckon it would go then?

I'm quite sure there would be plenty on here giving me advice that it should have been played earlier.

You did say May, but if the final is on those dates then absolutely appreciate it. Pollok been long out the title race but appreciate the positivity! 

Thank you for the responses and good luck next year. 

12 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

You did say May, but if the final is on those dates then absolutely appreciate it. Pollok been long out the title race but appreciate the positivity! 

Thank you for the responses and good luck next year. 

Yes. I did say May. Sorry about that, I was getting mixed up with the South Challenge Final which is 28th May

4 hours ago, andy25 said:

The fixtures aren't any better than they were under Scott Robertson.

You think it's okay a team playing half their League season in six weeks?

It's not fair on players or fans.

Where do you get the idea that I think it's okay?

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

You may not be laying the blame, but as an outsider I am struggling to comprehend the amateurish way these fixtures have been done. Talbot again seem to be at a ridiculous disadvantage due to whoever is responsible not being up to the job. I’m sure it’s not just Talbot who are suffering. Surely these fixtures could have been more evenly spread over the past eight months. Utterly shambolic.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu