Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

14 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Who's "folk"?

I get messages, comments and sometimes very vocal demands from some supporters. Not everyone appreciates it’s a free service I provide for them. Sometimes get nice comments or a thank you mention at the end of seasons awards, but just endless criticism from some characters 😂😂

Edited by Killiepiyo

Thought Petershill made it difficult, tactics were interesting and stopped our wingers most of the game. Were unlucky a few times. Hopefully I caught Ally Parks goal well it was a cracker.

Overall imo we looked hungry, determined and could run through walls. All extremely positive.  Cup next weekend but cannot wait to get back to the league, believe we can do this 

2 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Good win, but poor game however these are the games you have to win. Big Nade still has all the touches and was a treat to watch some of his footwork. Anyway the Badgers next Saturday.

He ran like he was pulling a caravan across a muddy field though. 

Another solid 3 points today and another game where there was a lot to take heart from. The result from Dunterlie fairly raised the spirits too. 

Edited by Shanner

24 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Trying to figure out the decision at 3:50, ball played by Talbot but goes out of player with no one else touching it yet a free kick was given to them, was it an indirect free kick (+ yc for dissent or something)?

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Trying to figure out the decision at 3:50, ball played by Talbot but goes out of player with no one else touching it yet a free kick was given to them, was it an indirect free kick (+ yc for dissent or something)?

I watched it back a few times and closest thing I can figure is the ref has seen the ball come of the back of a players head? Then I watch it and think was it an elbow after the cameras panned? But then why was it over there? Has to be dissent? 

That was a good entertaining game today. Talbot deserved to win and could maybe have been more comfortable, but Pollok were a danger.

My 1st instinct was that the ref shat the bed by not giving the Pollok defender a red at 1-0 for preventing a clear scoring opportunity with the Talbot player near-certain to get a shot off. I might be wrong and the highlights will be interesting for that incident. I know other defenders were closing in but I can't see how that wasn't a clear opportunity to score. The ref was fairly poor throughout but I also find Pollok to be about the most niggly side we play in this division and they sail very close to the wind with their discipline at times. It's been like that for a few seasons now. No doubt they would disagree. 

Also, Boylan's header for the winner was absolutely tremendous.