Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

12 hours ago, beaver watch said:

It's said that four supporters got rid of that bing and built today's stand. Remarkable achievement.

The old Hamilton Accies extension stand.

Story i heard was the 4 Talbot men took out a £2500 loan each from the local credit union to finance moving and rebuilding the Accies stand in Ayrshire.

In between fighting off gangsta scrap dealers that were out to cannibalize the old Douglas Park.

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

this fella posted the oriiginal photos-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/133865066704599/user/100016007645200/

love this one too - 

image.png

The playing surface certainly not the lush grass we see today, maybe we were to blame for bare goal mouths, when sneaking on to think you were Dennis Gray, knocking a hat trick against the cumnock, before being chased off by some old guy, maybe some posters remember his name. Remember some games, top scheme ( Barbie boys against bottom scheme, 20 a side, before getting chased off and reconvening at St Paddies, always Barbieston Road had best players then, although could be biased, remember Jim Baxter's only got a game if he had the ball, sorry Jim.

10 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

The playing surface certainly not the lush grass we see today, maybe we were to blame for bare goal mouths, when sneaking on to think you were Dennis Gray, knocking a hat trick against the cumnock, before being chased off by some old guy, maybe some posters remember his name. Remember some games, top scheme ( Barbie boys against bottom scheme, 20 a side, before getting chased off and reconvening at St Paddies, always Barbieston Road had best players then, although could be biased, remember Jim Baxter's only got a game if he had the ball, sorry Jim.

-Aye, the Coal Road team had the best park no doubt. I remember play most games (away) from home.

Backrodgerton Crescent 

St Paddys

Between the railway lines

Cameron Dr. At the bottom of the field 

I don't recall many teams having the courage to travel to Stoner Crescent for our home games.

Probably a play park in the middle of the grass had a lot to do with it.

One of the Crescent  boys went on to play senior and he and another played for Talbot.

4 hours ago, happy said:

-Aye, the Coal Road team had the best park no doubt. I remember play most games (away) from home.

Backrodgerton Crescent 

St Paddys

Between the railway lines

Cameron Dr. At the bottom of the field 

I don't recall many teams having the courage to travel to Stoner Crescent for our home games.

Probably a play park in the middle of the grass had a lot to do with it.

One of the Crescent  boys went on to play senior and he and another played for Talbot.

Yes your right about Stoner Crescent, you really didn't want to play there, either went home minus your ball or your knee caps, lol, 

16 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Haha. I was going to say you must be ages with me when I saw that you were 9 at the time. You're right though, I was never a player, although also never had the money to own the ball, so not convinced you've got me right. PM me and say who you are please.

Where were the massive games you're on about? Bottom of Backrogerton or behind the shops? The bit of grass up behind the shops was the scene for everything from fitba to square gos. Used to be murder when the nutters came round from hanging about at the front of the bookies and asked for a game. Amazed we survived it tbh.

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Yes your right about Stoner Crescent, you really didn't want to play there, either went home minus your ball or your knee caps, lol, 

lol, You must be getting us mixed up with the Peden Drive Mob,they were no righters.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Haha. I was going to say you must be ages with me when I saw that you were 9 at the time. You're right though, I was never a player, although also never had the money to own the ball, so not convinced you've got me right. PM me and say who you are please.

Where were the massive games you're on about? Bottom of Backrogerton or behind the shops? The bit of grass up behind the shops was the scene for everything from fitba to square gos. Used to be murder when the nutters came round from hanging about at the front of the bookies and asked for a game. Amazed we survived it tbh.

Went to school with you, same year, though I was in the brighter class, lifted the Cumnock and Doon Valley cup in primary 7 , though lost Talbot shield on penalties, I missed one although I marked a certain Craig Burley out the game. That might narrow it down, but keep the mystery. Most games took place at St Paddy's or oval at Backrogerton, also the two grass areas at where Glenshamrock meets Barbieston Road, although they were much smaller. You were braver than me to play across from bookies.

3 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Went to school with you, same year, though I was in the brighter class, lifted the Cumnock and Doon Valley cup in primary 7 , though lost Talbot shield on penalties, I missed one although I marked a certain Craig Burley out the game. That might narrow it down, but keep the mystery. Most games took place at St Paddy's or oval at Backrogerton, also the two grass areas at where Glenshamrock meets Barbieston Road, although they were much smaller. You were braver than me to play across from bookies.

Mystery eh? It's like 3-2-1. 

Based on your photo, it's narrowed it down but forgive me for not guessing. If you want to keep your identity that secret it's up to you, Batman. Hope you're keeping well anyway pal 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

No. His initials are CB

Can give you all initials Jim, might help with two your struggling with, back row, left to right is of course Mr Nelson, then J.A , C.Y , I.W , T Mc , W.L , S.S, D.M  Front Row. I.F, I.Mc , G.L , H.M , B.M , C.B , J.P hope that helps bud.