Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

To be honest it would have been better not to have been scheduled for December.
I have no idea what the rules are for a provisional inspection or when a referee is available.
I see there are some games on tonight. Fair play to anybody that attends them in this cold. It wouldn't have been me
No midweek games in August to October for our league but deciding to have some in November and December doesn't make that much sense to me.

I know due to Queen passing away, wet weather and Scottish Cup ties etc been postponements and needed to fit games in but not been ideal.

Hopefully remember this next season and get a couple of midweek games in between August and October instead of in the winter.

15 hours ago, Shannon said:

No midweek games in August to October for our league but deciding to have some in November and December doesn't make that much sense to me.

I know due to Queen passing away, wet weather and Scottish Cup ties etc been postponements and needed to fit games in but not been ideal.

Hopefully remember this next season and get a couple of midweek games in between August and October instead of in the winter.

If auld Lizzie getting planted is a cause of fixture backlog then those in charge need their legs skelped. It was complete stupidity at the time.

19 hours ago, Shannon said:

Over in the EOS Premier, matchday 2 was played on the first midweek, then cup and league games on the second midweek. Plus two midweeks scheduled at the end of September MD8 and the beginning of November MD 11. 

EOS clubs that had South Challenge Cup R1 games on Saturday 20th August played their matchday 5 games in midweek at the end of August. Whereas in the WOS, despite the draw being made before the fixtures came out, Talbot and others sat idle on 20th August.

The EOS initially schedules no matches on any of the Scottish Cup or South Challenge Cup dates until it comes to February, with more midweek games and some lower division fixtures TBC at the start of the season. The WOS on the other hand seems to schedule all games through the season, but then lots of games start getting postponed due to cup ties anyway.

In terms of a backlog - Darvel are fine just now, they have 1 Saturday spare. Talbot however need to play two midweeks, and even more if they progress in their two cups.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

If auld Lizzie getting planted is a cause of fixture backlog then those in charge need their legs skelped. It was complete stupidity at the time.

Don't think it's caused that many issues, these were South Challenge Cup games which were played on the date of the next round. So the only difference is that 32 extra teams who would've been knocked out were playing in the cup on 19th November instead of a league game. Just means four teams will need to play the semis in late April/May instead of 1st April.

Edited by Ginaro

32 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What a complete crass comment to make about a dead lady . Shame on you  .

Edited by Thejackdaw

39 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Nah, sorry jimbo, I thought it was a poor comment as well.

It was a political one so don't expect everyone to agree with me GM. Same as many didn't agree with you guys for cancelling games at the time.

Edited by jimbaxters

Nah far better to freeze the haw maws off your self in December with the smallest crowd you can get than play the odd midweek match in August.

Never play to your strengths at this level with weather warnings abound.

Get your club a set of floodlights that may work or not work, no problem, schedule a game for December 7th.

Then call the game aff an hour before kickoff.

Mon the Juniors.

I found the cancellation of games for the death of the queen to be baffling, she was in no way interested in Scottish non league football, yet all the games were cancelled, she was however very interested and passionate about horse racing yet many race meets still occurred that day. I get that for many theres an attraction to show how ‘staunch’ they are and join in with the public outpourings of grief, but for most it was a lost saturday. 

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I found the cancellation of games for the death of the queen to be baffling, she was in no way interested in Scottish non league football, yet all the games were cancelled, she was however very interested and passionate about horse racing yet many race meets still occurred that day. I get that for many theres an attraction to show how ‘staunch’ they are and join in with the public outpourings of grief, but for most it was a lost saturday. 

I agree fully with what you've written but fully understand the postponements.

It was one of those situations where organisers of events like football knew going ahead was probably what most people wanted but could lead to a small but energetic collective of po-faced dafties accusing them of treason, etc, and realised it wasn't worth the hassle. 

Edited by Shanner

39 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I agree fully with what you've written but fully understand the postponements.

It was one of those situations where organisers of events like football knew going ahead was probably what most people wanted but could lead to a small but energetic collective of po-faced dafties accusing them of treason, etc, and realised it wasn't worth the hassle. 

I mean i get that we live in a society where the outrage for those who dont partake in the nationally prescribed grief then you’re hurt, but its also forgotten about as soon as the next outrage comes along. That issue just didnt seem to come up for the horse racing etc which went ahead. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod