Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

24 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Shambles the way it’s paned out feel for players and fans of made there way down 

Some Talbot fans also travel a distance you can’t win with early or late call offs.  Extra games being scheduled in December always a gamble.

Anyone know the condition of the pitch?, find it surprising the game is such a late call off , surely if the pitch was okay earlier and the covers were kept on till 6 it would have been ok?
Clydebank manager tweeted that the pitch was rock hard.

Talbot as a club without a doubt get about 99 percent of things correct behind the scenes but can't help but think that they've made a big mistake with this ones in terms of the weather forecast for tonight , it's been a waste of everyone's time despite Talbot's good intentions. 

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

100%. Bad idea. The fixtures can't be that backed up.

100% this. I got a call just outside Kilmarnock and able to turn about. Supporters bus has to be paid for and people paid for trains etc. If pitch was rock hard at 6.45 it was bad enough at the back of 3 to call it off. Nuff from me about it - annoying as fu*k but not first time people have been inconvenienced by a late postponement ( been a few this season ) and won't be the last ... unfortunately. Mick Kennedy had a go at the Pollok early decision so in some ways you're damned if you do and tossers if you don't. Cannae win. I fully accept it wasn't just Bankies fans and players, committee etc that were inconvenienced here. Just a shame that it had to happen at all

9 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Talbot as a club without a doubt get about 99 percent of things correct behind the scenes but can't help but think that they've made a big mistake with this ones in terms of the weather forecast for tonight , it's been a waste of everyone's time despite Talbot's good intentions. 

Talbot can't call a game off. The referee needs to do that.

A ref passed it at 3pm. The match referee arrives and postpones the game (correctly in my opinion)

There is a reason there are no midweek games scheduled in the SPFL between December and February. The WOSFL should follow suit

Edited by Wile E Coyote

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

100%. Bad idea. The fixtures can't be that backed up.

Guess we'll find out now we're hitting the worst time of year.

Fewest games played in the EoS Premier right now is 13 with a round of fixtures at the weekend.

WoS Premier starting tonight at 8-12 with WoSFL Cup games mainly on the agenda this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Talbot can't call a game off. The referee needs to do that.

A ref passed it at 3pm. The match referee arrives and postpones the game (correctly in my opinion)

There is a reason there are no midweek games scheduled in the SPFL between December and February. The WOSFL should follow suit

Wouldn't it have been better to have an inspection maybe later on at 5pm which would have been that bit closer to the kick off time yet still give people enough time not to travel if it was called off ? 

Looking at the picture of the solid pitch when it was called off makes me think it would have been no better at say 5pm.

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Wouldn't it have been better to have an inspection maybe later on at 5pm which would have been that bit closer to the kick off time yet still give people enough time not to travel if it was called off ? 

Looking at the picture of the solid pitch when it was called off makes me think it would have been no better at say 5pm.

To be honest it would have been better not to have been scheduled for December.

I have no idea what the rules are for a provisional inspection or when a referee is available.

I see there are some games on tonight. Fair play to anybody that attends them in this cold. It wouldn't have been me

I can’t find anyone at blame here except from the local referee who inspected the pitch at 3pm, did he not take into account the declining temperature and it was never going to get worse?

I wouldn’t knock any club who thought best to get a professional, neutral referee to come and inspect the park and take whatever decision they get there rather than calling it off then. I’m sure clubs can leave themselves open to fines for doing so off their own back can they not? Talbot wanted the game on, tried to but fell at the last hurdle. The right decision was made in the end under the worst circumstances.

Edited by botlad

Ended up carrying on down the road and took in the Cumnock v Glenafton game.

6 goal thriller & a red card with the visitors dominating the first half only for Cumnock to turn it around during first 30mins in 2nd half. Big McKenzie upfront was a handful and equalised late on followed by a red card, which you could see coming from him.

A draw probably a fair result on a night fit for the endless amounts of Canada Goose jackets on display.

Glenafton played some great stuff in first half but Cumnock looked depleted with no Wilson and McAusland, Frye at RB & Moore only a 2nd half sub.