Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Talbot didn’t concede a goal in normal time. However, not for the first time this season they didn’t create many chances and any they did create they didn’t finish. I thought Talbot had turned the corner after the Darvel and Kilwinning victories but yesterday was back to playing like they did before those games. 
Pope provided a goal threat from full back. Stafford is a decent replacement for Lyle. 
Issue is midfield Armstrong is a defensive midfielder who doesn’t create much. Wardrop is inconsistent, Wilson is a striker being played in midfield to accommodate Boylan who can’t play in midfield. 
Park is no better than he was the first time he was at the club.
Shankland is talented but needs to get fitter. 
Samson is a threat but he must not be fit bit to be brought on yesterday.
Talbot didn’t have anyone on the bench that was going to change the game in midfield or up front apart from Taylor. 
Well that's about it in a nutshell agreed with most of that.

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Oh I’m completely livid to point I’m projecting closure signs on the beechwood gates.. 🙄 if being a real fan is turning on your own when unhappy then I don’t want to be one. 

You could have came on and said along the lines of  ' sadly we got beaten by our biggest rivals yesterday but all the best to cumnock in the next round ' 

Instead you came on and had a snidey dig at their ground and facilities  . 

4 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

Comes down to the manager recruitment again we should have a bench that’s challenging the starting 11 for a place but we don’t and that’s why so many players get played every single week

I suspect the issue is that Darvel have created an escalation of wages for the better players and other clubs either can’t or won’t match the wages they offer. I struggle to see why anyone would join Darvel if it wasn’t for money as players going there aren’t going to play in front of a large support and they aren’t growing a support unless someone can illustrate that they are getting significantly more fans through the gate or have fans travelling to watch them at away games. If they get promoted to the LL it creates more of an even playing field at WOSFL level. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

8 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

I suspect the issue is that Darvel have created an escalation of wages for the better players and other clubs either can’t or won’t match the wages they offer. I struggle to see why anyone would join Darvel if it wasn’t for money as players going there aren’t going to play in front of a large support and they aren’t growing a support unless someone can illustrate that they are getting significantly more fans through the gate or have fans travelling to watch them at away games. If they get promoted to the LL it creates more of an even playing field at WOSFL level. 

Not just darvel , other teams in the league even near the bottom of the table are signing better players and we continue to miss out . 

I get you have a real fascination with Darvel but clubs paying big wages at this level is not a new phenomenon and Talbot have been successful right through the days of Kilwinning, Meadow, Hurlford doing so. I'd be surprised given the home attendances, the cup runs and the fundraising if Talbot didn't have the second highest wage bill in Tier 6.

Problem is now that the Lowland League is now a competitor for players and the actual player pool across the country has probably reduced after the lockdowns.

Either that or Sloan has lost it. But finishing second in the league and winning the SJC and South Challenge Cup last season would tend to suggest not. Win the two games in hand over Darvel and Talbot are two points behind and in second place. Not the worst situation to be in.

40 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

You could have came on and said along the lines of  ' sadly we got beaten by our biggest rivals yesterday but all the best to cumnock in the next round ' 

Instead you came on and had a snidey dig at their ground and facilities  . 

Not being funny but I think cumnock have better facilities than talbot ground wise both are not any better than each other.

13 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

How can we play like that against Darvel Glenafton Kilwinning and then end up with that shite performance yesterday, very poor.

When you're relying on ally Park to step up to the plate you're pretty much knackered . 

Wasn't good enough for Talbot first time around  never mind at the moment .

35 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I get you have a real fascination with Darvel but clubs paying big wages at this level is not a new phenomenon and Talbot have been successful right through the days of Kilwinning, Meadow, Hurlford doing so. I'd be surprised given the home attendances, the cup runs and the fundraising if Talbot didn't have the second highest wage bill in Tier 6.

Problem is now that the Lowland League is now a competitor for players and the actual player pool across the country has probably reduced after the lockdowns.

Either that or Sloan has lost it. But finishing second in the league and winning the SJC and South Challenge Cup last season would tend to suggest not. Win the two games in hand over Darvel and Talbot are two points behind and in second place. Not the worst situation to be in.

I look at the LL and think that the WOSFL has more depth in terms of teams and definitely better crowds. Not sure that it is much of a competitor in terms of attracting players that would play in the WOSFL.  Who are the attractive options in the LL for WOSFL players?  Broomhill seems a bit of a circus but I’ll concede that Broadfoot went there. East Kilbride? Likes of Crawford came down from the LL to Talbot so I don’t think the existence of the LL is a major issue. 

Some folk suggesting Samson is considering joining a LL club. Can’t see which one is a better option than Talbot unless it is a work related issue. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

When you're relying on ally Park to step up to the plate you're pretty much knackered . 

Yip agree with that. Was a shocking signing.

20 minutes ago, andy25 said:
22 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Yip agree with that. Was a shocking signing.

Plays because his fitness not much technical ability . 

At the time I didn't like the signing and for the long term it's not good but he scored a good goal away at Boness and played ok in a couple of those other games I mentioned