Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

13 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

We had significant chances today, couldn’t bury them. First half shakey second looked the vastly superior team. Cumnock were right to celebrate as rode about as much luck as one could get to reach penalties, between the decisions and bounce of the ball was never going to go our way it felt. Took their penalties well and used their crowd to their advantage. 

Will say I’ve never seen a ref allow opponent players to get in the way and all up in players faces talking smack while they are preparing for their spot kicks before. We’ll need to do that more if it is indeed allowed.

Vastly superior? This is a terrible take of a poor game in all honesty.

12 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

It’s defence that’s the main issue

Talbot didn’t concede a goal in normal time. However, not for the first time this season they didn’t create many chances and any they did create they didn’t finish. I thought Talbot had turned the corner after the Darvel and Kilwinning victories but yesterday was back to playing like they did before those games. 

Pope provided a goal threat from full back. Stafford is a decent replacement for Lyle. 

Issue is midfield Armstrong is a defensive midfielder who doesn’t create much. Wardrop is inconsistent, Wilson is a striker being played in midfield to accommodate Boylan who can’t play in midfield. 

Park is no better than he was the first time he was at the club.

Shankland is talented but needs to get fitter. 

Samson is a threat but he must not be fit bit to be brought on yesterday.

Talbot didn’t have anyone on the bench that was going to change the game in midfield or up front apart from Taylor. 

25 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

Talbot didn’t concede a goal in normal time. However, not for the first time this season they didn’t create many chances and any they did create they didn’t finish. I thought Talbot had turned the corner after the Darvel and Kilwinning victories but yesterday was back to playing like they did before those games. 

Pope provided a goal threat from full back. Stafford is a decent replacement for Lyle. 

Issue is midfield Armstrong is a defensive midfielder who doesn’t create much. Wardrop is inconsistent, Wilson is a striker being played in midfield to accommodate Boylan who can’t play in midfield. 

Park is no better than he was the first time he was at the club.

Shankland is talented but needs to get fitter. 

Samson is a threat but he must not be fit bit to be brought on yesterday.

Talbot didn’t have anyone on the bench that was going to change the game in midfield or up front apart from Taylor. 

Comes down to the manager recruitment again we should have a bench that’s challenging the starting 11 for a place but we don’t and that’s why so many players get played every single week

42 minutes ago, CC1987 said:

Vastly superior? This is a terrible take of a poor game in all honesty.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. Ball was constantly hoofed from one end to the other, passing in general was woeful, game constantly stopped, but in all honesty it was a derby cup tie so what were we expecting. We play a side who are pushing for promotion into our division next week so we better get the socks rolled up.

16 minutes ago, andy25 said:
47 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
NockNosh, Any plans on investing into the upkeep of the ground or is that handled by someone else that’s not the club? 

Who gives a fcuk about Cumnocks ground. This is a Talbot thread.

Well said and the glory hunter really isn't taking yesterday well at all.....

32 minutes ago, andy25 said:
1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:
NockNosh, Any plans on investing into the upkeep of the ground or is that handled by someone else that’s not the club? 

Who gives a fcuk about Cumnocks ground. This is a Talbot thread.

Says the guy who completely made stuff up

Edited by Killiepiyo

16 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Well said and the glory hunter really isn't taking yesterday well at all.....

Oh I’m completely livid to point I’m projecting closure signs on the beechwood gates.. 🙄 if being a real fan is turning on your own when unhappy then I don’t want to be one.