Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

We had significant chances today, couldn’t bury them. First half shakey second looked the vastly superior team. Cumnock were right to celebrate as rode about as much luck as one could get to reach penalties, between the decisions and bounce of the ball was never going to go our way it felt. Took their penalties well and used their crowd to their advantage. 
Will say I’ve never seen a ref allow opponent players to get in the way and all up in players faces talking smack while they are preparing for their spot kicks before. We’ll need to do that more if it is indeed allowed.
Your watching a different game from me if you thought Talbot were vastly superior in second half. Talbot were better team first 20 minutes then it was fairly even .
Cumnock keeper had 2 good saves and Ally Park missed an absolute sitter

Just now, andy25 said:

Your watching a different game from me if you thought Talbot were vastly superior in second half. Talbot were better team first 20 minutes then it was fairly even .
Cumnock keeper had 2 good saves and Ally Park missed an absolute sitter

First 20 of the second half?

25 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

were you not the guy complaining that Talbot beat the Bankies to a signing?

Think wrong person ? just find it that yous need players but he doesn’t seem to bring in the players or does the club not back him with the finances 

It was a poor game with very few chances or bits of quality.

2 poor penalties cost Talbot. Armstrong’s after Andy has saved a Cumnock penalty. Armstrong has to put it away but didn’t look confident. Wardrop’s miss to win it for Cumnock. Don’t know why he decided to hit it high as it’s always risky. 

2 minutes ago, Bankie77 said:

Think wrong person ? just find it that yous need players but he doesn’t seem to bring in the players or does the club not back him with the finances 

Could be my mistake! Apologies. Ask your manager about the current signing environment for more context 

We had significant chances today, couldn’t bury them. First half shakey second looked the vastly superior team. Cumnock were right to celebrate as rode about as much luck as one could get to reach penalties, between the decisions and bounce of the ball was never going to go our way it felt. Took their penalties well and used their crowd to their advantage. 
Will say I’ve never seen a ref allow opponent players to get in the way and all up in players faces talking smack while they are preparing for their spot kicks before. We’ll need to do that more if it is indeed allowed.
Only you could take positives out of that performance today,Talbot were poor this afternoon so maybe if you took the hair out your eyes it would help you see what all Talbot fans (apart from you) saw today.

Talbot are not the team they were a few years ago. They haven’t replaced a number of players that have retired or left with players of the same quality. Lacking in midfield and up front in particular. I suspect Darvel have altered players wage expectations and clubs are struggling to compete or have decided not to. 

13 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

Talbot are not the team they were a few years ago. They haven’t replaced a number of players that have retired or left with players of the same quality. Lacking in midfield and up front in particular. I suspect Darvel have altered players wage expectations and clubs are struggling to compete or have decided not to. 

It’s defence that’s the main issue

25 minutes ago, catakoom said:
1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Only you could take positives out of that performance today,Talbot were poor this afternoon so maybe if you took the hair out your eyes it would help you see what all Talbot fans (apart from you) saw today.

Dare say it but Cumnock are a good side I just don’t subscribe to bad result = everything’s terrible, good result = we never doubted the team. Was getting called comical ali till we absolutely ran over some good sides. Get things can be fickle football wise but today was pretty even, Talbot dominate in areas but go out on penalties. Miss extra time when that happens

Edited by Killiepiyo

Dare say it but Cumnock are a good side I just don’t subscribe to bad result = everything’s terrible, good result = we never doubted the team. Was getting called comical ali thing till we absolutely handed it to some good sides. Get things can be fickle but today was pretty even, Talbot dominate in area but got out on penalties. Miss extra time when that happens
You're coming across like Comical Ali tonight.

Just now, andy25 said:
2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
Dare say it but Cumnock are a good side I just don’t subscribe to bad result = everything’s terrible, good result = we never doubted the team. Was getting called comical ali thing till we absolutely handed it to some good sides. Get things can be fickle but today was pretty even, Talbot dominate in area but got out on penalties. Miss extra time when that happens

You're coming across like Comical Ali tonight.

I don’t know if it’s my playing or filming around the place but perspective is that I just know things could be so much worse than they are. Bad result but the terminal decline projected on here after every bad result, to the extent that saying it wasn’t all that bad, merits you the propaganda minster is equally fickle and overly dramatic it could be in hello magazine.