Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

56 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

I would talk him up no doubt has talent but falling over isn't clever,I am happy I would say the same if we had a player doing the same thing 

Did you see most if not all of the Darvel players squealing when they were tackled. Professional simulation. Even the guy that was tackled for the sending off was at it. There was nothing wrong with him. I didn’t see any Darvel players badly hurt by a Talbot challenge despite squealing as if they had to go to A&E. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

On 07/08/2022 at 23:17, dennispaterson said:

I would talk him up no doubt has talent but falling over isn't clever,I am happy I would say the same if we had a player doing the same thing 

Ross definitely has talent and enthusiasm but could do with more time in the gym. In fact, it was noticeable on Saturday that man for man, Darvel looked physically stronger, even before a ball was kicked. Tucker will have seen that too though. Next time it will be 11 v 11.

14 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Ross definitely has talent and enthusiasm but could do with more time in the gym. In fact, it was noticeable on Saturday that man for man, Darvel looked physically stronger, even before a ball was kicked. Tucker will have seen that too though. Next time it will be 11 v 11.

It would have been interesting if it had remained 11 v 11 as Talbot should probably have been 2 or 3 ahead before the sending off. Darvel are a big physical team but I’m not convinced they’d have matched Talbot’s fitness over 90 minutes. They were slow in defence and I’d have fancied Talbot to exploit that. 

9 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

It would have been interesting if it had remained 11 v 11 as Talbot should probably have been 2 or 3 ahead before the sending off. Darvel are a big physical team but I’m not convinced they’d have matched Talbot’s fitness over 90 minutes. They were slow in defence and I’d have fancied Talbot to exploit that. 

Talbot noticeably slowed down in the last 30 minutes against troon the week before so I don't honestly think 11  v 11 would have changed Darvel winning on Saturday. 

22 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Talbot noticeably slowed down in the last 30 minutes against troon the week before so I don't honestly think 11  v 11 would have changed Darvel winning on Saturday. 

It would if Talbot were 2 or 3 up as they should have been. I was less impressed by Darvel than last season. Big physical players but I’m not convinced about some of them over 90 minutes. The sending off changed the game. Talbot were the better team prior to that and should have been 2 or not 3 ahead. If they had got 2 in front Darvel would have had to chase the game and it would have been interesting to see how the tats and teeth would have reacted. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

23 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

It would if Talbot were 2 or 3 up as they should have been. I was less impressed by Darvel than last season. Big physical players but I’m not convinced about some of them over 90 minutes. The sending off changed the game. Talbot were the better team prior to that and should have been 2 or not 3 ahead. If they had got 2 in front Darvel would have had to chase the game and it would have been interesting to see how the tats and teeth would have reacted. 

Talbot missed the chances though. You're arguing for an awful lot of hypothetical events to happen. Nobody wishes that these things had happened more than me but they didn't.

What's the best road to get up to Cambuslang on Saturday? Is there road closures on m74? Wasnt sure if going M77 to East kilbride way might be quicker?
M74 is best way,and go by Morrisons to the big new car park just before the train station

10 hours ago, lang said:
On 09/08/2022 at 08:15, Talbot supporter said:
What's the best road to get up to Cambuslang on Saturday? Is there road closures on m74? Wasnt sure if going M77 to East kilbride way might be quicker?

M74 is best way,and go by Morrisons to the big new car park just before the train station

Rangers at home on Sat and the section of M77 from before Silverburn to City Centre is always very busy. Might be quicker to go round the GSO to East Kilbride and drop down from Kingsgate Retail Park to Cambuslang. Won’t be much in it time wise. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

Cambuslang looked good in the first half and up to the goal. Suppose top teams don’t always play well but get the job done.

Was distracted by Cambuslangs kit, looked like the rangers kits you would have gotten in Spain in the 90’s!

A win is the most important thing on days like this . Cambuslang well organised and played well I thought . The pitch was shocking for this time in the season and was very much a leveller . Good header for the winning goal . Need to be better moving forward but 6 points on the board is okay given last weeks game . 

2 minutes ago, Firepit said:

A win is the most important thing on days like this . Cambuslang well organised and played well I thought . The pitch was shocking for this time in the season and was very much a leveller . Good header for the winning goal . Need to be better moving forward but 6 points on the board is okay given last weeks game . 

Given the budget and constraints for the home club there's only so much they can do mate. Same for both clubs playing on the surface.

Regards the game itself I felt Camby held their own until the goal but Talbots experience and squad depth proved to be the difference in the last 20mins.

42 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Given the budget and constraints for the home club there's only so much they can do mate. Same for both clubs playing on the surface.

Regards the game itself I felt Camby held their own until the goal but Talbots experience and squad depth proved to be the difference in the last 20mins.

Yeh agree mate I know the guys work hard under tough financial constraints so not a slant on them . 

52 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

yeah think part of it’s just peoples expectations have been raised with the lock down/increased league last season, fuelling a drive of stadia refurbishment. Important to mind how clubs can be run differently. It’s actually sad in a way imo as I’m sure those there will be doing all they can. Just needs more or the giants of Yesteryear will fall to time said one guy.

Game wise, thought Cambuslang did everything they could. Didn’tlook a side who deserved their results so far, few players need to drop some pounds bit like myself, but good route one stuff just need to keep going will get some points soon I’d imagine.

Edited by Killiepiyo

27 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

yeah think part of it’s just peoples expectations have been raised with the lock down/increased league last season, fuelling a drive of stadia refurbishment. Important to mind how clubs can be run differently. It’s actually sad in a way imo as I’m sure those there will be doing all they can. Just needs more or the giants of Yesteryear will fall to time said one guy.

Game wise, thought Cambuslang did everything they could. Didn’tlook a side who deserved their results so far, few players need to drop some pounds bit like myself, but good route one stuff just need to keep going will get some points soon I’d imagine.

Yeh fitness maybe an issue too. Stevenson in the midfield for Camby is a class act albeit carrying a few extra pounds. Anson upfront, who was getting the ex Cumnock banter all day 😉 also looks alot leaner than last season.