Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Bonnyrigg did have a few players that would normally start on the bench. More fool them if they didn’t take the competition seriously. Wasn’t impressed with Bonnyrigg. Talbot were fitter and quicker. 
Talbot gave the number 10 too much room apart from the start of the second half when Healy seemed to be assigned to man mark him. When that happened Talbot had their best spell. 

You have to wonder, why make all that effort to get to the final to just suddenly not give a toss about it?

The way the bonnyrigg manager squealed for handballs all game suggests he badly wanted to win. 

If he knowingly didn't start their best X1 then it's simply a case of a Billy big baws approach backfiring which isn't Talbot's concern. 

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

You have to wonder, why make all that effort to get to the final to just suddenly not give a toss about it?

I know. When I told a friend who is involved with another East of Scotland Lowland League club the result he told me that Bonnyrigg had a strange starting 11 as a number of players that normally start were on the bench. This person has no axe to grind and wished Talbot well prior to the final. 

Only thing that matters is the result. Bonnyrigg made a lot of substitutions but the substitutions didn’t alter the pattern of the game. 

Talbot can’t stand still though. They need to strengthen in certain areas. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

Talbot were able to beat Hamilton this season so it certainly doesn't diminsh their achievement.

Only thing I can think is that Bonnyrigg Rose are about to go through a serious turnover this summer if they want to be competitive in the SPFL. It could have been a bit of a swansong for some of the players. I'm sure there will be some real regrets and what ifs on their end having taken the lead.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Just read on another thread there that Liverpool will have played the maximum possible number of games this season, 38 league, 13 CL, 6 FA Cup and 6 League cup making 63 matches in total.

Talbot will play their 57th in the Junior Cup final. Ridiculous to put working men through that. Roll on next season with a 16 team league.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Just read on another thread there that Liverpool will have played the maximum possible number of games this season, 38 league, 13 CL, 6 FA Cup and 6 League cup making 63 matches in total.

Talbot will play their 57th in the Junior Cup final. Ridiculous to put working men through that. Roll on next season with a 16 team league.

talbots first pre season friendly last year was 5th june, their playing final match 4th june!

Involvement in the Junior cup was optional of course [emoji12]